• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Tribble

Shakespeare

A compilation of dates from Wiki : The Boar's Head Theatre was an inn-yard theatre in the Whitechapel area of London from 1598 to around 1616. Prior to 1598, the Boar's Head was simply an inn and did not include any formal playing space. However, it was being used as an extempore venue for...
  2. Tribble

The Assassination Of Olaf Palme (Swedish Prime Minister) [1986]

Stig Engström, also known as 'the Skandia man', is suspected of having killed Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme. But because he is dead, the 34-year-old investigation will now be closed...
  3. Tribble

Rats! Rats! Rats!

It reads so much better if you replace "giant rats" with "Sun journalists".
  4. Tribble

Space Force (TV Series)

The United States Space Force was only announced two years ago and has yet to engage in any military operations, but the latest branch of the U.S. armed forces already stands to lose its first battle -- to Netflix's Space Force. The streaming service premiered its new sci-fi/comedy series Space...
  5. Tribble

The Assassination Of Olaf Palme (Swedish Prime Minister) [1986]

No killer has ever been found, even though the assassination took place on Sweden's busiest road, and more than a dozen witnesses saw the tall man fire the shots before fleeing the scene. Now, more than 34 years later, Sweden's Prosecutor's Office has announced it will present the conclusions...
  6. Tribble

Forrest Fenn's Treasure

It's been found. A bronze chest filled with gold, jewels, and other valuables worth more than $1 million and hidden a decade ago somewhere in the Rocky Mountain wilderness has been found, according to a famed art and antiquities collector who created the treasure hunt. Forrest Fenn, 89, told...
  7. Tribble

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

Pretty sure it's "Mythopolka".
  8. Tribble

Book Search

I think someone on Amazon is extracting the waste fluid. At this price it had better contain genuine hairs plucked from Satan's goatee, minimum. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Demonic-Connection-Investigation-International-Conspiracy/dp/0713718730/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= Looks...
  9. Tribble

Book Search

The demonic connection: an investigation into Satanism in England and the international black magic conspiracy ? Published 1987, has section on Clapham. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1959940.The_demonic_connection
  10. Tribble

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

Police officers and staff are being "terrorised" by a family of crows that is nesting at its headquarters. Essex Police Deputy Chief Constable Pippa Mills warned visitors to the site to "beware" and "keep calm and keep walking" in a tweet about the issue. She shared a photo of a warning sign...
  11. Tribble

Irrational Science Fiction & Fantasy Clichés

Reminds me of when I did LARPing. People would often go to the camping site, get changed into costume and then go to the supermarket to stock up on food/booze/sundries for the weekend. The Asda staff were quite used to seeing a variety of elves, mages and armoured loons wandering the isles...
  12. Tribble

Horror Films

Well, this looks... interesting. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12399882/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_5
  13. Tribble

Underwater Bells

Another submerged village will possibly emerge from the depths... The Italian village of Fabbriche di Careggine was founded by a group of blacksmiths in the 13th Century and it became famous for the production of iron. But in 1947 a hydroelectric dam was built and the residents were moved to...
  14. Tribble

Strange Crimes

A man has been arrested in Thailand for allegedly stealing his neighbours shoes in order to have sex with them. Theerapat Klaiya, 24, had a fetish for flip-flops and was found with a staggering 126 pairs that he had pinched from locals in Nonthaburi, central Thailand, police said. Officers...
  15. Tribble

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

Not to be confused with a coo stick, which is what a Scottish farmer uses to guide his herd of coos. These fellows are Bavarian so they probably call them Cowslappenrumpenguidensticken or something.
  16. Tribble

Crop Circles

And the tracks through the yin/yang make it look a bit like a dollar sign.
  17. Tribble

Crop Circles

A NEW crop circle mysteriously appeared yesterday (Saturday, May 30) close to Cley Hill near to Warminster. Crop circle photographer Nick Best, of Skyview UK in Westbury, said: “This is the second formation this year, with the first believed to be near Avebury earlier in the week. "No-one...
  18. Tribble

Triangular UFO Sightings

February 14, 1995, edition of the STAR tabloid
  19. Tribble

Just because you can use a back scabbard, doesn't mean you should. Not just because drawing it leaves your guard open to a quick stab to the torso. But just try running through the woods and not having it snag on a low branch, sending you landing on your back.
  20. Tribble

Pigeons

Judge Dredd agrees. (Cursed Earth Saga, progs 63-64)
  21. Tribble

Crop Circles

I was thinking "giant sneeze". Might be viral (!) marketing for Kleenex.
  22. Tribble

Strange Or Fortean Annual Celebrations

Update on Burry Man 2020. Still on.
  23. Tribble

Oops! The Silly Mistakes Thread

And if the police stop you and ask why you're carrying a machete, you can say "It's for work."
  24. Tribble

Machetes and a broom? Sounds like he had a brush with death.
  25. Tribble

Rats! Rats! Rats!

Don Corleone made an irresistable haggis. It was an offal you couldn't refuse. He also issued discount vouchers for pizza. One per customer, non-transferrable. They were offers you couldn't re-use.
  26. Tribble

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

Nice try, secret Samurai.
  27. Tribble

Rats! Rats! Rats!

"Hey guys, what say we get a load of dead sewer rats, pickle them in a noxious embalming fluid and send them to people we want to play our music?" "Genius."
  28. Tribble

Frauds, Scams & Cons (General; Miscellaneous)

a USB key that "provides protection for your home and family, thanks to the wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser, which can be worn or placed near to a smartphone or any other electrical, radiation or EMF [electromagnetic field] emitting device". "Through a process of quantum oscillation...
  29. Tribble

Viking-Era Discoveries & Theories

A couple in northern Norway were pulling up the floor of their house to install insulation when they found a glass bead, and then a Viking axe. Now archeologists suspect they live above an ancient Viking grave. https://www.thelocal.no/20200526/norway-couple-find-viking-grave-under-floor-of-house
  30. Tribble

Jamiroquai's a Samurai? I did not know that.
  31. Tribble

Roman Archaeology (Miscellaneous)

Possibly deliberate. SAP (Società Archeologica) is an archeology company (trowel in the logo). http://www.archeologica.it/ Sap comes from the Latin sappa : https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/sappa#Latin There is another coincidence though - they're digging on a vineyard. Sapa is a reduction...
  32. Tribble

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine = semi-essential amino acid Cyanicobalamin = synthetic vitamin B12 Milk thistle = might or might not be good for the liver Thiamine (vitamin B1) = Thiamine might not properly enter the body in some people who have liver problems, drink a lot of alcohol, or have other...
  33. Tribble

Roman Archaeology (Miscellaneous)

Intact Roman mosaic floor discovered near Verona.
  34. Tribble

Stonehenge

The Summer Solstice sunrise will be livestreamed.
  35. Tribble

The South Atlantic Anomaly (In Earth's Magnetic Field)

The Earth's magnetic field is weakening between Africa and South America, causing issues for satellites and space craft...
  36. Tribble

Analysis Of Psychopath Pathology & Behaviour

Or the power behind the throne. Today I learned a new term - "duper's delight".
  37. Tribble

Douglas Adams & The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Happy Towel Day! Right, sunglasses on, time to catch up on the news toda-
  38. Tribble

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Some really strange things have happened to me recently. And it's quite shameful to admit so be gentle. I found myself agreeing with some things that Piers Morgan said. Eww I feel a bit dirty now. :yuck::sick2::puke2: I won't say what they are, because I'd get a spank from the mods with their...
  39. Tribble

Good : Donating money to charity. Bad : Having your press secretary accidentally reveal your bank details to the world. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/23/donald-trump-press-secretary-inadvertently-reveals-presidents-bank-details
  40. Tribble

Two-Headed / Two-Faced Mammals (Bicephalic; Diprosopus)

UPI got a minor detail wrong. It was apparently Albany, Oregon, not Albany, New York.
  41. Tribble

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

Twitfacebots have a variety of functions. They : spread political propaganda and ideologies (like conspiracy theories from people who really want the sheeple to WAKE UP), bolster the egos of celebs/politicians ("I have a million followers! I am loved!"), promote phishing (there's a lot of them...
  42. Tribble

If an assassin is close enough to do a wrist test they're close enough to use a variety of methods.
  43. Tribble

Things That Are NOT UFOs

And just how, precisely, does one attach them to one's nipples? Double-sided sticky tape? Spirit gum? ...asking for a friend.
  44. Tribble

If a guard is kitted out in very expensive armour and weapons there's a good chance they're highly trained soldiers who know how to kick bottom. They don't hand that stuff out on the first day on the job, y'know. Cow legs, however, do make good improvised weapons, especially if still attached to...
  45. Tribble

Does it involve peach schnapps or radio soaps?
  46. Tribble

Harry Potter

JKR debunked an Edinburgh tourist-trade myth... The Elephant House cafe, that proclaims itself the birthplace of Harry Potter... isn't.
  47. Tribble

In medieval times, some would, depending on when, where and the political/financial situation. At the bargain bin end of the scale, a village watchman would probably not have a uniform and be kitted with whatever weapon they could personally afford - likely just a club or stick with a bit of dog...
  48. Tribble

Shall We Run Our Own Experiment?

It's obvious that I went for symbolic over actual. A detail I saw in the werewolf image was 2 pointy teeth, not unlike the legs on the ladder. écorché = skinwalker (werewolf), the triangle was deconstructed into 3 lines because it's impossible. Plus each of those stones looks like a truncated...
  49. Tribble

It's difficult to read this thread and not want to go "Ah, but that got explained like this..." every post :) WARNING : There now follows a load of rubbish, sleep-deprived ramblings and hypothesising. Force fields : There are "force fields" in development, using plasma held in a magnetic...
  50. Tribble

Trump's not the only one claiming to be taking hydroxy. Seems it's the new Miracle Cure for the faithful that makes you look younger, gives you more energy, increases mental abilities and only occasional death. Can't buy it? Make your own! Want to own the libs? Claim you're taking it! Be...
Back