• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. MorningAngel

Computer System Outages

We had Meta/Facebook the other week, McDonald’s the other day and Sainsburys and Tesco’s today. I work for Argos inside Sainsburys and most of our systems went down too. We were assured that it was a software update issue not malicious but I think it’s just a massive coincidence that so many...
  2. MorningAngel

Technology Going Backwards

I want to know how the car industry think it’s ok that a car built over a decade ago is more secure than a new car? My car is a 58 plate and it’s got a coded key that if the immobiliser can’t talk the key it isn’t going anywhere. And I don’t finding it too taxing pressing a key to open the car...
  3. MorningAngel

Not Sure What It Is

I’ve got a weird video from during storm Isha. There’s a weird light to the left. It looks like someone with a torch but it isn’t. The area is coming from is where the fence is. Also it’s slower than a human would move it. It’s not a drone or helicopter because they wouldn’t have stood a chance...
  4. MorningAngel

The Ghost & The Murder Mystery

As mentioned in the the Film and Tv reminders; I thought this needed its own thread. It’s such an intriguing story. Ghost Story, from Wondery, is a strange new seven-part show. It starts out in familiar spooky-tale territory. Then it performs a lane hop into another genre before zigzagging...
  5. MorningAngel

Famous Ghosts—Or Are They?

Are famous ghosts really who people claim they are? Or are they often just people wearing clothes from the same period. I’m pretty sure anyone with a tricorn hat is claimed to be Dick Turpin.
  6. MorningAngel

Into The Uncanny Book By Danny Robins [Spoilers]

I wanted to discuss Danny’s book. I didn’t want to put it in the Uncanny thread in case people haven’t read it yet. I just finished the audiobook today. As always it was good. But a couple of things annoyed me. When he was going on about teenagers being conduits for poltergeists and then help...
  7. MorningAngel

Glitch TV Series

Did anyone watch this? It’s on Netflix. We watched it and loved it. Here’s the premise if you haven’t. ‘A police officer in a small country town finds his life turned upside down when six recently deceased residents return from the dead in perfect health.’
  8. MorningAngel

Do You Believe In Ghosts? Theatre Tour

This is currently touring the UK. I saw it tonight and wondered if anyone else has seen it and what they thought of it.
  9. MorningAngel

NDEs Near-Death-Experiences (General)

I can believe we haven’t got a general thread for this, I’ve only found ones about specific stories. I’m sure someone will join it up if there is one. Anyway, I thought this was interesting. This woman has had two...
  10. MorningAngel

Ghosts From Modern Tragedies

Has anyone heard of any hauntings from fairly modern tragedies? Like 9/11 or 7/7 or any other bombings in the last 50 odd years?
  11. MorningAngel

What Dying People See

Dying people see very specific things in final moments before they pass away ‘Julie is often around death due to her job, with hospice care focusing on helping terminally ill patients reduce their pain and suffering. According to her, it's extremely common for dying patients to see dead...
  12. MorningAngel

Not So Real Ghost Story Books

I keep coming across books that claim to be real ghost stories but the minute you start reading them it’s obvious from the way they are written they aren’t real experiences. Just be honest and say it’s fiction. Has anyone else experienced this?
  13. MorningAngel

Meghan Didn’t Give Birth To Archie & Lilibet

This is one I could believe as some things don’t seem to add up. She got pregnant pretty quickly for and older woman. Who turns down the best doctors in the land offered by the Queen? There was an awful lot of bump holding. There’s a video that claims to show her bump pop back after she’s...
  14. MorningAngel

Compendium Of London Ghosts & Hauntings

It even has some ones I hadn’t heard about before. Covent Garden: 5 Haunted Places to Visit Articles Here: https://www.spookyisles.com/covent-garden-haunted-ghosts/
  15. MorningAngel

The Devil’s Hour [Spoilers]

I hope someone else has watched this to discuss it with me. I thought it was a really interesting take on timelines. It certainly made you think. I loved it when he said he was always found by the same detective and we thought he meant Ravi but he really meant Lucy. How good was the kid...
  16. MorningAngel

I Saw An Odd Thing Last Night

It’s probably something normal but it did seem odd. I saw it with my own eyes from an upstairs window. It was about the size of a hand and was like a not very tight wound ball of wool. It was in front of a window of our log cabin so either suspended like a spider (I hope it wasn’t that size) or...
  17. MorningAngel

Time Going Weird On The Web

I placed an order online yesterday 18/8/22. When I looked it it up it said I ordered it days in the future 21/8/22. Another order made on Monday always has the current date on it when I look it up. Then today’s notifications on here are telling me about things that’ll happen tomorrow. Has time...
  18. MorningAngel

Ghost Trams / Streetcars / Trolleys

Narrow miss with phantom tram https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/local-news/narrow-miss-with-phantom-tram-3509636
  19. MorningAngel

Why Was Hitler So Hard To Kill?

I wasn’t sure where to put this. I wasn’t surprised there had been attempts but I was shocked by how many and how none of them succeeded. Why did fate seem to be on his side? Did I hear that he had dealings with dark magic? If he did, did it work...
  20. MorningAngel

Extremely Old & Fascinating Things

I wasn’t really sure where to put this. But it’s so interesting I had to share. 50 Very Old Human Creations That Still Surprise Us Today https://www.boredpanda.com/interesting-artifact-pics/
  21. MorningAngel

Woman Has Brain Tumour But Doesn’t

Woman is going blind due to a brain tumour that doesn’t exist https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/08/woman-is-losing-her-vision-due-to-a-brain-tumour-that-doesnt-exist-15225921/?ito=facebook%7Csocial%7Cmetroukfacebook&fbclid=IwAR0XLwvMlCWzqCZGVCp_LmR26pyJbaRy1mr0G8rBSCxDO-kb6lw0OIo8u_Y (Please move if...
  22. MorningAngel

Good Omens (TV Series)

Surely there’s a thread on this. But I can’t find it. Anyhoo have we heard there’s going to be a second series? Not only that but John Finnemore who is ‘brilliant’ is going to co-write it with Neil Gaiman. Exciting.
  23. MorningAngel

Loki *Spoilers* (You Have Been Warned)

So who’s watched the first episode and what did you think? I really liked it. Interesting twist with the bad guy. It did feel like an actual film.
  24. MorningAngel

Ghosts On Normal TV Shows

I was watching Harrow today (An Australian show about a pathologist) and there was a man who claimed to be a ghost. But of course he wasn’t, I knew he wouldn’t be because it’s always a predictable Scoody Doo reveal on normal TV shows with very few exceptions. They never leave it as an unsolved...
  25. MorningAngel

The Little Stranger Film

We’ve just watched this and we were confused by the ending. Did anyone else see it?
  26. MorningAngel

Disappointed With This ‘Future’

I’m pretty sure we should have had house hold robots by now. Alexa and roomba are all well and good but neither of them can make you a cup of tea. I am also very disappointed with holograms. In the 80s they were the future and all cool and trendy. What happened to them? Demoted to a tiny...
  27. MorningAngel

WandaVision *Spoilers*

I thought it needed some proper discussion without spoiling it for anyone by accident. What are peoples thoughts on the Bee Keeper that was very odd? What’s with the helicopter? It’s Iron Man colours and that was important as it was the only colour. Who is doing this to her? Is that what the...
  28. MorningAngel

Different Types Of ‘Ghost’

I believe what we call ghosts are not one thing but many. There are spirits that visit and history being played back. I also have a theory that sometimes we see through time or to a different reality we shouldn’t see. That the reality we know is many layers. For example animals and children I...
  29. MorningAngel

TV Programme In Old Jail Ghost

I hope I haven’t mentioned this before. I remember seeing a programme ages ago where they were looking for ghosts in an old dark jail. You briefly saw a girl but there was never any mention of it. Did anyone else see this? Or did I imagine it?
  30. MorningAngel

The Body In The Cylinder (Liverpool; 1945)

This was posted on the FT appreciation group on FB so I hope we don’t double up. But it’s rather intriguing. The Body in the Cylinder: How a Discovery During World War Two Revealed an Unsolved Victorian Era Mystery...
  31. MorningAngel

Magazine

I keep seeing this advertised. Has anyone investigated it?
  32. MorningAngel

'History Of Ghosts' (Magazine)

33. MorningAngel

Confused

Sorry I don’t quite know where to put this. Today (15/11) on Facebook one of my memories was a couple of posts about passing my driving test. Perfectly normal except the diary and my license say I passed on the 23rd. Ok perhaps FB is confused. But my insurance renewed on the 12/11 and I’ve...
  34. MorningAngel

Haunted Shops

I’ve looked but I didn’t know where to put this. I’m sure it’ll be moved if there’s somewhere. I wondered if anyone had heard if Harry Selfridge haunts Selfridges. Because it seems like he would. He haunted it from the outside while he was still alive.
  35. MorningAngel

Unknown Creature Washes Up On British Beach

‘Bizarre 15-foot long sea beast washes up on UK beach leaving locals stunned‘ https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/bizarre-15-foot-long-sea-22453303
  36. MorningAngel

Unsolved Mysteries

17 Of The Strangest Mysteries That Are Still Unsolved. Some freaky stuff. (Click titles in this list for sources) The Circleville Letters. The disappearance of the USS Cyclops. The mysterious disappearance and "reappearance" of Lawrence Joseph Bader. The Toxic Lady. The Oakville Blobs. The...
  37. MorningAngel

Just A Little Something From Wish

Yikes that thing could give you nightmares. https://dl.wish.com/EVG7S
  38. MorningAngel

Everything Is Spying On Us

I’m sure there a thread about this but I’ve not found it. We decided last week to treat ourselves and get a couple of bits from Fortnum and Mason. Mum had a look at a couple of bits on her iPad and I ordered everything on mine. Just now she has had a F&M advert come up on Facebook. It had the...
  39. MorningAngel

Old Ways To Die

These were really interesting. Some things you know and some things you’d never have thought of. I really hadn’t thought about the stairs being an issue. Also I knew about celluloid in film and snooker balls being dangerous but I never knew they put it in so many things. Hidden Killers, New...
  40. MorningAngel

Free Haunted House

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/no-one-wants-free-haunted-21953940 They want it moved, but will the ghost move with it or stay with the new house?
  41. MorningAngel

Spooky Copy (More Like 'Computer Say No')

I’m trying to download some old copies from my library website to reread the ‘It happened to me‘ bits. But one is totally refusing to download no matter what I try. All the other copies are behaving.
  42. MorningAngel

Fortean Gifts & Presents

Love these https://www.theliterarygiftcompany.com/products/ghost-stort-dice Link dead—assume this was the product: https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Story-Dice-Hannah-Waldron/dp/1856699811
  43. MorningAngel

Problems getting a copy, see if your library online can help.

If anyone is having trouble going and getting a copy or your sub gets stuck in the post. Check out what services your library has online. Mine has all sorts of magazines you can ‘borrow’ including FT. The RB digital app covers a lot of UK libraries listed but you do need your library number to...
  44. MorningAngel

TV Shows & Movies That Predicted The Future?

14 Freaky Times TV And Movies Actually Predicted The Future https://www.buzzfeed.com/daniellaemanuel/movies-tv-shows-predicted-future
  45. MorningAngel

World War Weird

We’ve started watching this on the Yesterday channel. There’s just been a ghost airship story I’ve never heard of.
  46. MorningAngel

Charles & Camilla’s Love Child?

I found this on Facebook. Not sure what to make of it. Seems like there’s some evidence.
  47. MorningAngel

Caesar’s Nightclub Streatham

I was lucky enough to do an overnight stay in this nightclub in connection to Most Haunted. I didn’t see anything but I smelt an awful smell that came and went and didn’t seem to go with the surroundings. Looking it up today I see it got knocked down years ago. I wonder if there have been any...
  48. MorningAngel

Cars Found Parked & Locked In Odd Locations

Here’s a slightly odd story. It does set my author brain off in something interesting directions. Police left scratching their heads after cars found parked and secure in the middle of the road...
  49. MorningAngel

Why Do So Many Fictional Ghost Stories End In Death?

I was reading a collection of stories a few years ago and almost all of them ended with a death. It got quite boring. I’ve not long watched a ghost story on TV and again another death. Why? I like a nice scary story where people experience something weird and then get on with their lives like...
  50. MorningAngel

Where Are All The New Ten Pence Coins?

It’s over a year since we were introduced to the lovely new 10p with the Alphabet of British things on them. I work in a shop and I’ve never seen one. Where are they all. I’m in the South East I suspect they might have them in different areas. But I thought they might have filtered through by...
Back