• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Roland Deschain

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

If my wonky memory serves the outer lines of troops were overrun and the surviving troops fell back to the building (hospital?) and eventually the waves of Zulu warriors ceased. I’m guessing if you’re attention faltered and you retained only the earlier scenes then it would be logical to assume...
  2. Roland Deschain

Is Homosexuality On The Increase?

Who are the arbiters of what is tolerable? The line of what we find tolerable now has shifted, but those in the past would also be sure in their beliefs as to what constitutes reasonable behaviour.
  3. Roland Deschain

War Wagons Of The Old West

Half a league, half a league, Half a league onward, All in the valley of Death Steamed the six hundred. “Forward, the Infernal Engine Brigade! Drive for the guns!” he said. Into the valley of Death Steamed the six hundred…………then they achieved their objectives and went back in time for tea...
  4. Roland Deschain

War Wagons Of The Old West

Very late to the thread but arrows are stopped by loose fabric. The Samurai had a cloak called a Horo that billowed/inflated behind them and stopped them being shot in the back.
  5. Roland Deschain

JFK: Kennedy Assassination Etc.

I got the point, I’m saying what is wasn’t - a deliberate aimed shot at Kennedy from the front by these phantom other sharpshooters. As for the opinions of others on the shape of the hole, unless they spent time trying to reproduce the effect and could rule out a slowed fragment from the inside...
  6. Roland Deschain

Windshields alter the trajectory of bullets, and could cause a bullet to fragment and the jacket / core to separate. There is no way a knowledgeable rifle shot would take a shot from the front, through the glass and expect it to go where aimed and do the expected damage to the target. People...
  7. Roland Deschain

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

Not so sure, plenty of highly reputable sources say they do drink more - period. Highly over simplified, more money = more booze and less repercussions. https://www.bmj.com/content/338/bmj.b312.full...
  8. Roland Deschain

Middle class Brits drink more than working class Brits. It may be wine and Prosecco instead of lager but it’s still going out on the piss however they think of themselves.
  9. Roland Deschain

What do you mean by doctors? My GPs have a wide ranges of professional suffixes from really basic to top of the line. Calpol was widely accepted in the UK as a mild, but toddler friendly, sleep inducing product.
  10. Roland Deschain

Rendlesham Forest Incident

I know this is a few months late, but the message was in plain English and was just written in the binary representation of 8 bit ASCII (or single byte UTF-8) Anyone who has had reason to work with character sets in computers / data transmission / storage would immediately see what it was. 8 bit...
  11. Roland Deschain

The Joe Simonton / Alien Pancakes Case (Wisconsin; 1961)

I have Franks Red Hot sauce at work. Everything is so bland now.
  12. Roland Deschain

Dog Walker From The Future?

Is it possible that in about 18 months time, someone will write about meeting a dog walker from the past :)
  13. Roland Deschain

The Prospects For Creating Lightsabers

Solos blaster - no special effects
  14. Roland Deschain

Forgotten History

I know it’s just the hippocrathic oath and all that stuff, seems a tad awkward. There were similar conflicts of interest (or rather oaths) during the Vietnam war. Let’s be fair “do no harm” VS shooting someone in the face requires a fuck ton of cognitive dissonance to pull off. But then of...
  15. Roland Deschain

Forgotten History

I’m not sure if you meant to illustrate the juxtaposition but I was struck by the doctor (sworn to do no no harm) aiding in waging war VS the soldier saving lives.
  16. Roland Deschain

The Jeffrey Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell Scandal

Remind me, didn’t ex President Clinton have many, many visits to the Island of compliant under age girls? Must have been about income tax, silly me.
  17. Roland Deschain

A million isn’t much nowadays, many thousands of people. And no.
  18. Roland Deschain

A year ago I would have completely agreed with your post, no reservations but recently my firm has employed a 17 year old girl who is the most calculating gold digger possible. She’s not from a deprived background at all, she’s quite middle class but OMFG if she suspects you have some coin she...
  19. Roland Deschain

Did he even use the telescopic sight though? The scope was offset to allow the en-bloc clips to be loaded which leaves the iron sights usable. The iron sights were fixed at 200 meters (about 3 inches high at 100 meters) which would have been ideal for what he did.
  20. Roland Deschain

That is a common misconception. In truth the specification and factory acceptance testing of the Carcano was more stringent than any other battle rifle of its day. The misconception is due to people using unsuitable ammunition. If you used the correct Italian surplus ammo it was perfectly...
  21. Roland Deschain

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

If you lowered your expectations to meet the dumbed down and on mesage output of Hollywood and the BBC amongst others that’s great. I struggle to do that however and lament what we get now. As you do I will be avoiding this, I only had a look in to see Bishop.
  22. Roland Deschain

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Spongebob is a kids show and has cohesive plots an understandable narrative. It’s great! Tonight’s big chunk of licence fees spending, not so much.
  23. Roland Deschain

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Best idea. Nobody could defend that slow motion car crash with a straight face. It had what I assumed were funny references to other movies but on reflection may have been plagiarism while they assembled all the antagonists new who has ever had in one lame story line.
  24. Roland Deschain

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

WTF did I just watch. Tuned in for John Bishop, who was pretty OK but the rest? No wonder it’s getting handed back to a safe pair of hands. No way kids like something so mashed up either. Noticed the doc and her female companion tumbled together into a never seen before double bed in the...
  25. Roland Deschain

Exposed: ‘Sleeper Cell’ Of Evangelical Christians Posing As Orthodox Rabbis

They had some chutzpah, I'll give them that. I'll get my coat.
  26. Roland Deschain

Strange Deaths

I think with Brandon Lee an inert round* left behind the bullet when unloaded and then the blank shoved the bullet out with enough force to kill him. Guess something similar happened here. * inert rounds are often real bullets and casings but without powder and primer.
  27. Roland Deschain

Forgotten History

That made me check out the story. The young Earl of Essex had a close escape, Francis Howard did like to poison people in her way. https://www.encyclopedia.com/women/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/howard-frances-1593-1632
  28. Roland Deschain

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Are we sure it’s not a cormorant?
  29. Roland Deschain

The Transdimensional Gas Station

I’m sure there are plenty of old receipts around if you know where to look*. Get one and then build a story around it. You’d have some “proof” but it would still be BS. * just checked and here is a unused pad of 1950s fuel station receipts for just £8.00...
  30. Roland Deschain

Cough cough $50 and a few minutes https://www.deadmansswitch.net/
  31. Roland Deschain

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

Not sure if this has been posted before. Drones or UAV swarming American warships. The site is full of ads but read down and it has loads of documents etc and is interesting. I’m sure it has something to do with US Navy testing out state of the art radar / tracking but the FBI get involved and...
  32. Roland Deschain

Rendlesham Forest Incident

First let me say I believe the story and pic is BS however at 200 meters in woodland at night no way would they see someone who didn’t want to be seen. Rescue teams have been known to miss bodies just a few meters away in daylight in woods.
  33. Roland Deschain

Bizarre Night In Mississippi

Well your phone could have had no signal while in your pocket and in the car and was going straight to answerphone. Why the weird “heldooo” I don’t know but could it have been pareidolia when hearing a misconfigured answerphone? your phone was roaming so odd things could happen. And you hit and...
  34. Roland Deschain

Star Trek

Two episodes that might fit "The Mark of Gideon" has an empty replica enterprise. Kirk and obligatory romantic interest are onboard most of the episode and Spock near the end. "The Cage” the pilot episode which had no Kirk. Captain Pike is held against his will in an illusory world. Footage was...
  35. Roland Deschain

Who Is The Most Famous Person In World History?

Are we not sure it’s not Clarkson when on top gear? Serious answer I not taking the piss.
  36. Roland Deschain

Triangular UFO Sightings

Could be, I have no reason to believe it was an extra terrestrial craft. The point you seemed to miss was that at no point did I take a picture or alert others to see it, which was addressing your post.
  37. Roland Deschain

Triangular UFO Sightings

I’ve seen a flying triangle, or to be precise the silhouette of one against moonlit clouds. It was between cloud layers so I assume it was large and distant rather than small and close. It was clear as day a triangle, no running lights and moving really slowly. Even though it was in sight for...
  38. Roland Deschain

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I doubt she makes it to the end of the movie.
  39. Roland Deschain

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Jack, Gwen, Graham and Ryan as the new lineup. Jack and Gwen bump into Graham and Ryan while investigating the same case. Probably in a quarry in Korea.
  40. Roland Deschain

ASMR: The 'Unnamed Feeling'

If you don’t get it - fine, but why the irritation?
  41. Roland Deschain

Elon Musk Unveils Computer-Enhanced Pigs

Plot twist, porcine cyborgs steal and pilot Musk’s spaceship to Mars and set up an independent colony. There then follows 100 years of what becomes known as the “breakfast war” which ends in defeat for the human race and the end of bacon sarnies.
  42. Roland Deschain

ASMR: The 'Unnamed Feeling'

She's going too quickly and not concentrating enough on the content. The concentration part is important.
  43. Roland Deschain

Star Trek

I met her (in that 10 seconds at a scifi convention kinda way) and she came across as a very dignified and perfectly groomed old girl. She certainly didn't make you feel like the ten millionth idiot she'd had to endure. That is indeed sad, but not so shocking given how shitty some people are...
  44. Roland Deschain

Three-Wheeled Cars

Are they still doing that? I saw them years ago doing that Schtik. Del Boy must be as all as Grandad by now.
  45. Roland Deschain

Three-Wheeled Cars

I think they were just easy to tip. I recall in my teens seeing one going around a corner on two wheels grinding the front bodywork then righting itself. The bond bug seemed more planted by comparison. It may not have been in reality but the consensus was that it could be driven in a more...
  46. Roland Deschain

Three-Wheeled Cars

In a way I loved mine but the bits that are terrible are the reliant bits. Chassis, axle, engine and gearbox - great but sourced from Ford etc. Bodywork, interior, seats etc are reliant and disintegrate rapidly. The glass fibre panels have interior metal stiffness which rust and expand cracking...
  47. Roland Deschain

Three-Wheeled Cars

A) WTF why oh why is the front wheel offset? B) The 2CV was a clever bit of design, with a proper factory making it. The kitten was not great. I’ve owned a reliant scimitar so I know something of their “quality”. Like a TVR but even more shit.
  48. Roland Deschain

Three-Wheeled Cars

We have a neighbour who is an irascible old girl who looks after the waters for an angling club on a lake literally 100M from her home. She used to drive a reliant and the local kids used to tip it regularly because she used to wind them up so much. It always made me chuckle to come out in the...
  49. Roland Deschain

Autonomous Watercraft (Vessels; Submarines; Etc.)

There are already plenty of drones at sea. I don’t think that’s a secret anymore (just googled and no it’s not). Commercial vessels could be vulnerable if unmanned I would have thought.
  50. Roland Deschain

Star Trek

From what I’ve seen if the series got another season it was going unexpected places anyway. The barman in the finale would turn out to be an alien (not God/universe/Sam) and would leap Sam into the far future. Al (now having lived a life with Beth - thanks to Sam) decides to become a leaper and...
Back