• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. L

POLL: LEAST Favourite Fortean Subject?

What bores you? What sections of the FTMB, if any, do you skip over?
  2. L

POLL: Favourite Fortean Subject?

Just wondering what interested/fascinated people the most... Edit: bugger, the "Other--discuss" option doesn't show up... Re-edit: OK, I originally had "urban legends" and "folklore" as separate choices but I've merged them to make room for "other". Re-re-edit: bugger, "earth science"...
  3. L

Faking Passengers To Use The Carpool / HOV Lane(s)

This seems an odd sort of thing to have on one's record: Source
  4. L

The Harlan Ellison appreciation thread

Have at it! http://harlanellison.com
  5. L

Bara Hack: Village of Voices

sacomm.com/barahack.htm Link is dead. None of the captures archived at the Wayback Machine contain any content other than offering the domain for sale. I thought we had a "creepy Connecticut" thread on here but guess not. Has anyone else heard of this? Any eastern US FTMBers who've been...
  6. L

The Web failed to catch ET?

Source Food for thought, or perhaps it could be its own thread...how the internet has shaped Forteana?
  7. L

Tongue-Eating Louse (Isopod Fish Parasite)

This is just nasty: link with photo :cross eye
  8. L

Potentially Lethal Airborne Fungus: Cryptococcus gattii

-->Source<--
  9. L

Abandoned Babies

Why couldn't I find this thread the other day?! Source
  10. L

Bovine United

No, not a football team ;) but something I came across on Snopes: Any Maryland-area FTMBers who've heard of this? Any idea what's going on? EDIT: forgot the Snopes link: http://www.snopes.com/business/viral/bovine.asp
  11. L

Roundabout way of sending in the Air Force

Came across this recently: I don't have a date for the source...am wondering if this actually happened? It's very Strangelovian.
  12. L

Creepy Canada

*waves to all the newbies from Canuckistan* Emps has been collecting various geographical threads (Odd Ohio etc.) so I thought I'd start one for this place...Thought about separating it by province or region but for now we can put the bits and bobs here. Some FTMB threads which may be of...
  13. L

Body Oddities: Multiple Sets Of Genitalia

There have been cases of men being born with two penises...saw that on a site not too long ago. I'm sure someone can Google it up: it was a site dedicated to sideshows, and apparently there was a man with multiple penises married to a woman with more than one place to put it! I believe she was...
  14. L

Vibrations: What's *that* all about?!

I've often come across the word "vibrations" in esoteric or pseudo-esoteric literature, but I've never quite gotten my head around what it's supposed to mean. An example : The Vibrations of Anger (spelling errors are in the original) I would love to hear a coherent explanation of the...
  15. L

Psychic Pooches Prognosticate The Presidency

Original article
  16. L

Palmistry

Well, what about it? :D Has anyone ever had their palm read? Can anyone read palms? How does it work? How can lines on the hand reveal the future? Just to kick things off, there's an online palm reader to play with. Here are my results: All sounds bang on to me except the Head line...
  17. L

Did Ghostly Soldiers Pay Re-Enactors A Courtesy Call?

Did ghostly soldiers pay re-enactors a courtesy call? By Terry Shulman/Special Writer [email protected] Ghosts will be ghosts: they're fickle, elusive and painfully shy, especially when it comes to actually showing themselves and, in doing so, getting us to admit that they really do...
  18. L

Wookey Witch Becomes Bone Of Contention

Original story here
  19. L

The Vanishing Campbells (Trout Lake; Canada; 1956)

This is possibly Fortean in itself--I remembered this story from my home town and Googled for it, and lo! There's a story in today's local paper. The history of a mystery: disappearance of the Campbells By Doug Mackey People ask me where I get my ideas for the articles I write. There...
Back