• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. feen5

Kids Today

American Footballers have some of the greatest names in world sport. I've always wondered where their parents found the names from. There is an top prospect in this years draft called Ga'Quincy McKinstry (His nickname is Kool Aid)
  2. feen5

Rainbow Cloud Formation Visible Over British Isles

I've seen them a couple of times but it was always in February. They really are quite striking and unmistakable when you see them first.
  3. feen5

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I enjoyed the latest 3 episode run more than i thought i was going to. I especially liked the Toymakers little dance routine in UNIT HQ.
  4. feen5

Living Dinosaurs!

I've already told him that but i don't think he understands yet :)
  5. feen5

Living Dinosaurs!

You'd be surprised, when i told my 3 year old that there was a dinosaur outside on the lawn and pointed to the magpie, he was delighted. He's 4 and half now and loves bird watching.
  6. feen5

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Pauline McLynn was in Eve of the Daleks
  7. feen5

RMS Titanic: Theories, Exploration & Madness!

Especially when you think that they would have had a few days of knowing that the oxygen was running out rather than the near instantaneous death suffered by the 5. It does not bear thinking about...
  8. feen5

RMS Titanic: Theories, Exploration & Madness!

In fairness a third article in as many days compared to the wall to wall coverage of this disaster hardly constitutes being preached at (IMO)
  9. feen5

Coincidences

Me to. I was never a very heavy smoker but it took me ages to give up and it was only when I was right in the head (so to speak) that I was able to do it. Over 2 years off them now and I cannot stand the smell of them now. Walking through a smoking are in a pub now makes me retch.
  10. feen5

Sighting (13th Dec 2022)

If it was a goose coming down to land then I would have known about it as it would have been splattered all over one of the nearby houses in the estate (judging by the speed it was going). I don't know how to describe it properly and I just wish that there was someone else there to see it as...
  11. feen5

Sighting (13th Dec 2022)

Possibly, I have no idea what it was, probably never will. I thought I'd just detail the sighting as quickly as I could rather than trying to recount it at a later date when the details could be mixed up.
  12. feen5

Sighting (13th Dec 2022)

Ok but I did say that this thing passed over my head and over the horizon in 3 to 4 secs. I've seen plenty of aircraft in the day and at night and none of them passed that quickly over the same space of sky, not even close. If you watch any commercial aircraft flying overhead you can track it...
  13. feen5

Sighting (13th Dec 2022)

The town is Mullingar if that's any help but i wouldn't think the sky was much different from Portlaoise. I'm not discounting any of the suggestions so far but I will state again that this object made no sound what so ever and it passed rapidly, much quicker than any airplane I have ever seen.
  14. feen5

Sighting (13th Dec 2022)

Ok I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to describe this properly so please bear with me. I may try to draw a diagram later and at it but I'm not great at either drawing or uploading stuff. This happened last night at 11.30 approx. I always let the dog out for a piss before heading to bed and as I...
  15. feen5

Worst Movie EVER?

Mogadon Mongoose
  16. feen5

Star Trek

Your right it was an early episode of voyager when B'ellana was split into a Klingon and human by the Vidian's.
  17. feen5

The Loch Ness Monster

It doesn't have to be stuck to its skin, it could have been floating on the surface and flicked up by the tail just as the photo was taken.
  18. feen5

The Loch Ness Monster

The wels catfish can survive in salt water (they are found in the Baltic and Caspian Sea), and the picture (to me) looks like the tail flicking out the water with seaweed attached.
  19. feen5

The Loch Ness Monster

Looking at the colour of the skin it looks like a wels catfish
  20. feen5

The Sandman: TV Show On Neil Gaiman's Dream

I hadn't read the comic but my wife has and we both loved it. I don't know how much I've missed because I didn't read the books but I'll wait to see if there is a second series before I do read them. Sometimes its nice to watch the series before reading the book.
  21. feen5

Star Trek

They returned to the exact time with the whales as they left to get the whales. There was a scene with a window smashing and the president trying to get in contact with Kirk just as he was leaving and this was the same scene that they arrived back in flying under the Golden gate bridge. So there...
  22. feen5

Star Trek

It did. they arrived back just as they were leaving to travel back in time (as bonkers as that sounds). The difference with the new films and why its a different timeline is because history was altered by the Kelvin being destroyed and also Vulcan. In Star Trek IV they were trying not to...
  23. feen5

Star Trek

I'm just catching up on the SNW Series and in general I think it is very good. I like the style and the storylines have been very TOS like but I do have a big quibble with the end of Episode 3. It was all wrapped up too quickly, the solution was explained in 2 lines of dialogue that were doing a...
  24. feen5

Exotic Birds In Great Britain

The dead birds are probably a result of the Avian Flu outbreak in the UK. There have been warnings in the Irish papers about keeping an eye out for dead birds here and to report it in an effort to try and reduce the spread.
  25. feen5

Star Trek

Agreed I have said it here before probably several times :) that 'in a mirror darkly' is as good as any other Trek. I would love to see a Star Trek series set in this universe but only dealing with how the Terran Empire rose to power.
  26. feen5

Star Trek

The Chief Engineer is Anear. They appeared in Enterprise. They are from Andoria but even the Andorians didn't think they existed (a bit like finding Bigfoot now I suppose). The y first appeared in a 3 episode arc (In Series 4) starting with 'Babel' if you want to look them up. I enjoyed the last...
  27. feen5

Living Dinosaurs!

My vote would be for the Hoatzin. The chicks have claws on the wings to enable them to climb. The claws disappear in adulthood
  28. feen5

Living Dinosaurs!

Sorry I wasn't trying to be smart its just a lot of people don't think that birds are dinosaurs at all, in the same way that they think that Pterosaurs, Mosasaurs, pliosaurs etc were Dinosaurs when they were not.
  29. feen5

Living Dinosaurs!

Birds are Dinosaurs so the question should be what are the closest living animals to birds?
  30. feen5

Coincidences

Just happened, a news story about Cat Deeley flashed up on my news feed and it made me think about if she was still married to Patrick Kielty (don't know why) so I checked it on Wikipedia (she is) and when I came back out of that page the very first story i seen was on about Patrick Kielty being...
  31. feen5

Attacks By Seagulls

I don't know but I would think that's possible in certain places. Even if the populations may have increased in some urban areas it doesn't distract from the fact that their numbers have plummeted. I think herring gulls were even on the red list. Anyway i got into trouble before on this page for...
  32. feen5

Attacks By Seagulls

I'm afraid that there won't be enough of them to burgle a one bedroom flat they way their numbers are crashing. Every RSPB count shows catastrophic collapses in their populations from 30 years ago. Its the same here in Ireland.
  33. feen5

Expressing Measurements Via Analogies & Comparisons

Not sure but I just went with the first figure I found which was 7 sq inch's. What I'm more worried about is whose going to skin several Yorkie dogs to get the average surface area of a small dog in order to do the calculation
  34. feen5

Sorry made a minor mistake I should have taken York's area as 17 sq miles not 17.6 so its only 9,749,474,743 Yorkie bars to cover York not 10,093,573,851.
  35. feen5

Taking a yorkie to be 7sq inch's it would take 10,093,573,851 Yorkie bars to cover an old York 1sq Mile = 4014489600 sq inch's 17.6sq Miles = 70655016960 sq inch's
  36. feen5

The Pascagoula (Mississippi) Abduction (Hickson & Parker; 1973)

Also given that the article wasn't even proof read before being published I would doubt that they even talked to him (and if they did they are probably also blowing anything he might of said out of proportion)
  37. feen5

The Loch Ness Monster

It also relies on them being right about what an Elasmosaurus ate. At the moment they think it may have dredged the sea floor for clams but that's not to say it won't change in a few years. The T-Rex has changed from being a fast moving hunter to a slow moving scavenger to something in between.
  38. feen5

The Loch Ness Monster

Some people might disagree with that, I've been listening to the 'Terrible Lizards' podcast (Izzy Lawrence and David Hone) and they had a paleontologist (I'm sorry I cannot remember her name off the top of my head) and she was asked what is the best example of a modern marine reptile and she...
  39. feen5

Owzabout That Then? The Jimmy Savile Revelations & Aftermath

Steve Coogan can play straight parts as well. He was very good in Philomena.
  40. feen5

Attacks By Seagulls

And as i said that if me saying 'its a small price to pay' makes you think that i'm a misanthropic environmentalist who doesn't give a flying fuck about people that is your problem. You don't even know me but you make that huge leap about me and my views. I'm not replying to this anymore...
  41. feen5

Attacks By Seagulls

You picked one part of my post and wrapped your own narrative around it. That's your problem not mine. Just because i wrote that what makes you suddenly think that that means i don't give a sh1t about peoples complaints about seagulls. I said it was 'a small price to pay' not that i don't give a...
  42. feen5

Attacks By Seagulls

FFS I give up, just believe what you want to believe I meant and ignore the rest of the posts. I'm off home to tie chips to my 2 and half year old's fingers and sacrifice them to the seagulls......:headbang:
  43. feen5

Attacks By Seagulls

Really that's what you got from my post? Well I'm afraid i can't really answer that. If anyone else thinks that i don't care about children getting nipped by seagulls then apologies. I guessed that everyone would have known that I have sympathy with anyone that has been on the end of an...
  44. feen5

Attacks By Seagulls

I never said the stories were made up and i never said you were an asshole for not wanting to be attacked. If you read my post I said I'm sick of asshole POLITICIANS coming on the radio every week demanding every seagull be removed from the skies of Dublin or Galway or where ever they are...
  45. feen5

Attacks By Seagulls

I have to admit I am getting fed up listening to Irish radio giving out about the seagull population in Ireland. Every week there is some local politician rabbiting on about how we have to cull the seagulls because they are a nuisance. Every single study in Ireland and Britain has shown that the...
  46. feen5

Star Trek

To be honest, at this stage I just take every episode at face value and try not to connect it with what each of the other series in the wider star trek universe has done. I'm getting to old to worry about something in TOS that doesn't match Discovery and so on.
  47. feen5

Star Trek

They do try in 'Enterprise' to explain this. The Vulcans do help Earth but not really technologically for about 100 years. After that Earth takes the lead in forming the federation and exploring space which leads to Discovery, TOS, Next GEN etc etc
  48. feen5

Worst Movie EVER?

I've only seen it on Mystery Science Theatre which made it bearable, can't imagine i would have been able to sit through it otherwise.
  49. feen5

Star Trek

I couldn't remember the name of the episode ( I probably should have checked memory alpha first)
  50. feen5

Star Trek

Wasn't that in the episode where Kirk uses the Enterprise to ferry a troupe of actors around the place because he thinks one of them was Kodos the executioner. That music was playing in the background of a party he was at when he runs into the daughter of Kodos
Back