• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. plastic wiganer

Stenches & Stinks: Foul Odors & Smells (IHTM)

As a kid i grew up in Middleton - part of Greater Manchester, at the time we had,about 1/4 of a mile away, Pandora pickles which as the name would suggest made pickles and also Picallili - there was some funky smells around that place at times! About 1/4 mile in the opposite direction we had...
  2. plastic wiganer

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

that thing is creepy as,,, having never heard of it/her before but thinking 'i could freak my daughter out with one' i had a look on ebay for one - NOT at that price thank you very much lol
  3. plastic wiganer

Rude & Suggestive Place Names

i wonder if he went to Nob End in Bolton?lol
  4. plastic wiganer

Dummy Space Shuttle Gliding Past Manchester Airport (1983?)

I remember watching the shuttle on the 747 with my mate, it did a pass over British Aerospace (originally Avro) on Greengate, Chadderton near Oldham about 20 miles or so from Manchester airport, but i definately do not remember them separating? it was quite a sight for a couple of 14 yr old kids!
  5. plastic wiganer

Perch Man / Perchman

i believe it to be a corruption of the name Woodshaw Nook? indeed there is a Woodshaw Lane and Woodshaw reservoir very nearby
  6. plastic wiganer

Perch Man / Perchman

Thanks for sharing that, i have just watched it, i have been up, over and all around the 'Woochie' (more commonly known as the Wutchie) but never seen hairy legs up a tree! i have seen many deer and other wildlife and will spend much more time up there when the weather improves. The Wutchie is...
  7. plastic wiganer

haha that was why i put 'rabbit' his names a bit of a giveaway lol AND thanks for the picture of IT! look at it.....just look at it......horrid thing.... its voice too..... aaaarrrgghh
  8. plastic wiganer

Perch Man / Perchman

Firstly i wasnt sure if to post this here in the water monster section? but as its water related here goes. Last week whilst browsing Facebook, looking at a UFO group that i follow, there was mention of the Perch man. So as you do i had to look up the story and was very surprised to find that...
  9. plastic wiganer

As a kid i was petrified of Punch and Judy shows,apparently i used to scream blue murder until i was removed from the audience! are they still a thing?? - its not exactly pc is it? Was anyone else freaked out by that awful bl**dy 'rabbit' Hartley hare from Pipkins? it still gives me the...
  10. plastic wiganer

The Black Monk Of Pontefract

me and the wife are booked on an all night investigation in 30 East Drive in January 2021 - cant wait, IF anything happens i will obv's be posting on here about it
  11. plastic wiganer

Ocular Migraines

I also get ocular migraines - not very often - 4 maybe 5 times a year, this started about 4 years ago, i had no idea what it was and luckily i was at home so no real danger. I googled the symptoms after the first attack in a state of panic - thinking i was having some strange kind of seizure or...
  12. plastic wiganer

Newly Discovered: Previously Disputed Or Merely Alleged Species

that snake is fantastic, love the colouration
  13. plastic wiganer

Things Breaking

When i was a kid -can't remember how old but id say about 12, we went on a family holiday to a caravan park in North Wales (i'll say Prestatyn) now this was unusual as my dad actually came with us - he never usually did do. So there was Dad, Mum, Sister and myself. As neither of my parents...
  14. plastic wiganer

Bigfoot / Sasquatch In North America

should rename it BIGHAND never mind bigfoot
  15. plastic wiganer

Pareidolia

wow that is FREAKY
  16. plastic wiganer

Communing With Spiders

following on from the 28/09/19 well i had to evict it again last night, there it was bold as brass in my daughters bedroom, it obviously wasnt too keen on living in my garage! (too cold?)
  17. plastic wiganer

Given Time Travel, Where & When Would You Want To Travel?

seems wrong to put a like to your post, but i dont really know what to say? sorry for your loss :group:
  18. plastic wiganer

Touching Bronze Statues For Luck

this is the statue of Sir Francis Powell in Wigans Mesnes (pronounced mains) park, it is considered lucky to stroke his foot... (i dont know why?)
  19. plastic wiganer

Communing With Spiders

we keep getting this HUGE spider in our house, i have evicted it 3 times in two weeks, spiders dont bother me but the wife and daughter are somewhat reluctant to have it in the house. i have a picture of it somewhere on my phone - i will add it if i can do the last time i had to move it...
  20. plastic wiganer

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

i adopted a ferret (pole cat actually) in my early teens - i was out early one morning hunting for rabbits and or ducks, when i caught a glimpse of something moving by the edge of a large pond. instinctively i raised my gun ready for the shot when the head of a small animal appeared from behind...
  21. plastic wiganer

What's Your Local Urban Legend / Folklore / Myth?

an urban legend where i live is "Kitty bout yed" ( Kitty without her head) basically iirc it was a young lady who was murdered by decapitation and burried headless to rise on occassion trying to find her head.... again iirc this was all perpetrated as a dodgy way of getting to the familys...
  22. plastic wiganer

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

makes me proud to live in Wigan....... NOT. (at least he was from Saint Helens - different kind of weirdo) There was also the guy who (ahem) got friendly with the post box - i posted (lol) this a couple of years ago on here - he was later found floating in the canal apparently
  23. plastic wiganer

Mystery 'Lost' Items

in my experience, many insurers now do not send out certificates of insurance, BUT i have always found that they require you to fill out your details on their site and from there on you can access your documents and print off as necessary - check your old emails
  24. plastic wiganer

'Ghost Hunting' Shows Are Getting So Bad That It's Beyond Amusing

i actually recorded an episode of Most Haunted earlier today, the Greengate Brewery one. This is only because it was my local brewery from childhood to my mid 20's - not that i drank beer as a kid - i certainly did later on though! particularly in the Junction Inn (now gone) which was over the...
  25. plastic wiganer

Forgotten History

Thanks for the info, and yes i have looked for the memorial stone but as yet not found it, it is somewhat overgrown. In a strange sort of way, i would like to know where the incident occured (not being macabre) just interested as its local to me - about a mile/mile and a half away. There are...
  26. plastic wiganer

Body Oddities: Supernumerary / Extra Nipples; Polythelia

no i dont think so? i havent seen him for about 16 yrs now so i cant elaborate more. However, i myself was in a relationship with a lady who had inverted nipples so am familiar with the condition, and he definitely said she had NO nipples
  27. plastic wiganer

Body Oddities: Supernumerary / Extra Nipples; Polythelia

A looong time ago i knew a girl who at first glance had 3 nipples, however, upon closer inspection (ahem) it was just a birth mark. A friend -again from many years ago - swears blind that he had relations with a girl who was "fully formed" but had NO nipples?? i have no idea if this is...
  28. plastic wiganer

Forgotten History

An unusual - local (to me) railway tragedy revolves around a man called Ludovic Berry and his engine named Dorothy, i dont want to just post it up here due to copyright issues? but there is plenty of info on the net using the names above. Quite tragic end for a heroic man. I have tried to find...
  29. plastic wiganer

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

how about 5317006 (goolies) lol
  30. plastic wiganer

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

was at a New years eve party with my pregnant wife (8 months gone) - she hadn't been drinking obvs, and after retiring to bed (well the living room settee) at about 3 in the morning - somewhat worse for wear, was then woken by her at about 4.45 am shouting that her waters had broken! there we...
  31. plastic wiganer

my (late) friend Lee, once stood up in the living room - after drinking, and pee'd all over the tv and video (a long time ago obvs) whilst watching Raiders of the lost arc, and was quickly ushered up to bed by his dad! "come on Lee time for bed" lol
  32. plastic wiganer

i tried climbing inside one of those large roll topped bins - to go to sleep - in Faliraki (greece) on my honeymoon! we had been there just one night and was out on a pub crawl with loads of others (we went on an 18-30's holiday!!) all i remember was every time you bought a pint, you got a...
  33. plastic wiganer

The Reverse Haunted House

that is the question......
  34. plastic wiganer

The Reverse Haunted House

much like Floyd1 above, the house i grew up in (until the age of 10) also had a coal fire, single pane internal freezing windows etc, and to cap it all a loft hatch that used to detatch itself and move out of the way leaving a gaping hole into the roof space. this used to scare the hell out of...
  35. plastic wiganer

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

another strange one the other night i was walking the dog along 'the canal' (nowhere i've ever been?) and we had to walk through this fella's house as the canal meandered through it (??) anyway the guy seemed happy enough with our intrusion and proceeded to guide us where to go. only problem...
  36. plastic wiganer

i had a horrid dream a couple of nights ago, i was stood at a table which looked like it was made of something dark - almost black in colour, i cannot remember how, but suddenly i was being electrocuted and could hear fizzing crackling sounds and was aware that i could not move at all other than...
  37. plastic wiganer

Strange Things As Food & Drink

watch some of his other experiments - hes a star
  38. plastic wiganer

This wasn't last night, but a couple of nights ago, i dreamt that i was near a lake when i found a length of fishing line (no hook or bait) so as you would i "cast" the line out. Next thing i know, i have a bite on the line so begin to pull the line in - noticing that i am now wearing black...
  39. plastic wiganer

Animals 'Naming Themselves'

The first cat we got was a stray -rescued by my wife,and who by the vets reckoning was approx 18 months old or so. he was in a real awful mess with no fur and open wounds around his neck area - all scratched off because he was lousy with fleas. Anyway we took him in and as we obviously did not...
  40. plastic wiganer

Dreaming Of The Dead

sorry i wasnt having a pop or being nasty, i was genuinely interested in your interpretation! You most likely are correct in the fact i miss them both (as well as other people gone) i think i must read a bit much into it (if that makes sense) it was the fact that in life my dad and mate never...
  41. plastic wiganer

Dreaming Of The Dead

you cant say that and not tell me.....
  42. plastic wiganer

Dreaming Of The Dead

I had a strange dream last night/this morning. We (myself and my wife) were at my mum and dads house -my dad died just over 3 yrs ago, but he was there - in the background. There was a knock on the door and my dad let in my mate Mitch - who died last October. my dad and friend never met in...
  43. plastic wiganer

Animals 'Naming Themselves'

Our passed on border collie "max" was exactly the same. who knew who "the dog" was and would react accordingly. he would also react to "shit head" as my wife occasionally called him...
  44. plastic wiganer

Secret World Of Children's Chants

jesus christ superstar wears frilly knickers and a playtex bra
  45. plastic wiganer

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Actually, you are not a million miles off! it was on what is locally known as the Rabbit Rocks at Higher Ince. (it is right behind my house) Whelley is about 3/4 of a mile away - tother side of the canal
  46. plastic wiganer

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Had a bit of an odd feeling a couple of mornings ago, i was out walking the dog behind where i live at approx 7.40am (before work) it was still very dark at the time. There we were on one of the many paths that weave in and out of the wooded areas in between 3 separate ponds. there was nobody...
  47. plastic wiganer

Ghost Hunt: Bolton [12/01/2019]

the people feeling harassed were 2 women (one more so than the other), also one chap at the opposite end of the room to myself felt someone stand on his foot! I do think it was a shame really that there were too many people in such a small area if that makes sense? there were too many "living...
  48. plastic wiganer

i had a strange dream last night/this morning about getting "friendly" (ahem) with Ruth Langford -if thats her name? i have absolutely no idea why my mind thought that one up?? And in case you were wondering, i actually woke up BEFORE anything exciting happened... I do worry about myself...
Back