• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

Alex Jones

I live and work in Austin and I met Alex Jones one time. This was mid-late nineties, before he was really "known" and I assume shortly after he started up his public access show here. I was at a Hot Rod show waiting for my buddies, and this guy comes out and asks me for a light. I tell him...
  2. S

The Cultish World Of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)

Quackery and pseudoscience, certainly, but I don't know if I could call it a cult. There doesn't seem to be a big religious element involved, unless you maybe count the placebo effect.
  3. S

Down with them both, I say

Helen, I figured all you brits would get a Doug Adams reference, biker babe or no.
  4. S

42, of course.
  5. S

So it's all a matter of personal opinion then. That's a relief. Every thread on the board can now be closed.
  6. S

The point is, that christianity started out as an offshoot of judaism, much like the Branch Davidians, Jehova's Witnesses, Mormons, Moonies, or most any other cult today did from christianity. There was a charismatic leader, whether he claimed to be divine or not is irrelevant. He didn't deny...
  7. S

Is there a record anywhere of David Koresh declaring himself divine, or did his group just call him that? Lacking anything else relevant to say, damn, I dig biker babes.
  8. S

That would make christianity a cult (jesus being the leader/higher being), and most christians would label anything but themselves a cult. by the way, Waco is about 100 miles from here.
  9. S

What's the difference between a religion and a cult anyway?
  10. S

Is There A God?

I wasn't sure for a long time, then God and I had a talk and he told me he wasn't real.
  11. S

Strange Folk (Not Obviously Human!)

'Assume the position' means to put your hands against the wall and spread your legs, so the cops can frisk you.
  12. S

Strange Folk (Not Obviously Human!)

Once while driving down the street here in Austin, TX, I passed a Short Stop (burger joint), and in the parking lot in broad daylight there were 10-12 "little people" assuming 'the position' around a car, no cops in sight. I couldn't tell if they were children, or dwarves, or what. We circled...
  13. S

OOPArts: Out Of Place Artefacts & Archaeological Erratics

The dinosaur- "man track" stuff has been pretty well debunked by now. Here's one example, there are others: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy/mantrack.html
Back