• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Jim

The Bible: Alternate Takes

Oh no it was the martians again, it was all due to graphed alien cells into an apes body, wam civilized man. I got lots of swamp land in Florida for sale to.
  2. Jim

Attacks By Seagulls

that is great "Zombie Sea Gull"
  3. Jim

Bees

very nasty, damn buggers
  4. Jim

Snakes (General; Miscellaneous)

they are beautiful snakes and one of the most northerly constrictors.
  5. Jim

Fossil Plants, Trees & Forests

caveman chile above seasoning some available meat: mammoth, rino, rodent, w or w/o nachos
  6. Jim

Atheism

it's all a personal choice. these f--cking arguements go on forever and are useless. y have your belief I have mine , so what.
  7. Jim

Global Warming & Climate Change: The Phenomenon

So it's not all that exhaust from vehicles, nice to know
  8. Jim

The Sphinx (Great Sphinx Of Giza)

luckily Schoch is a an actual scientist, Hancock kinda makes it up as he goes spinning fact and fantasy tohether for (IMAO) for attention and money.
  9. Jim

The Sphinx (Great Sphinx Of Giza)

Another article concerning the age of the Sphinx. 2 school of thought ~ traditional Egyptology states without viewing all evidences says the Sphinx is ~ 4500 years old. Yet other hard scientific data pushes the Sphinx back to > 10k BC, believing it to be the work of an earlier egyptian people...
  10. Jim

Horror Films

Just watched the 2018 movie called Annellation. Great movie with jump scares and an intriguing plot that just continues to thicken as the movie progresses. Not being a spoiler but great creature effects.
  11. Jim

Swastikas & Disputes About The Swastika Symbol

the trouble is WW2 was a singular event with ~ 60 millions Europeans dead most in less than 4 years, perhaps > 20 million murdered by the Nazi's. With this stigma of Hitler and Nazi Germany it's unlikely that any outside the Indian subcontinent will ever see it for anything other than the symbol...
  12. Jim

The Meaning Of Crocodiles

The last "land croocidile", Mekosuchus is a genus of extinct Australasian crocodiles within the subfamily Mekosuchinae. They are believed to have been made extinct by the arrival of humans on the South Pacific islands where they lived" was wiped out by the natives several thousand years ago.
  13. Jim

Scorpions

They like the dark so this only makes sense. I recall checking our boots in the morning before putting them on in the desert.
  14. Jim

Large Snakes

congrats to the gator. Large gators are florida's only predator to eat - kill those invasive Burmese pythons, who ruin the ecosystem.
  15. Jim

Nightmares

Enola very well put, and I mean it. We've discussed this in therapy
  16. Jim

Invasive Species

good to see em go before they ruin the delicate everglades wilderness
  17. Jim

Nightmares

this could be a possible breakthrough in the field of psychology.
  18. Jim

Spam (Canned Meat Product)

takes me back to when dad feed us spam sandwich's and y didn't leave the table until it was consumed, yuck.
  19. Jim

Truly Giant Sharks

the 6 gill shark is also about tht size and rivals the great white for size. Very few are seen since they live thousands of feet down.
  20. Jim

Deep Sea & Marine-Life Surprises

I know the antarctic has another fish that's pretty much translucent (see tru to organs ect.). https://earthsky.org/earth/kristin-obrien-antarcticas-icefish-have-translucent-bodies-and-blood/#:~:text=Antarctic%20icefishes%20%E2%80%93%20which%20are%20within,don't%20have%20red%20blood.
  21. Jim

The Pyramids Of Giza

Never under estamate human infinity and effort. I'm sure they had a degree of mathematical and engineering skill. Perhaps some were lost or still await in the earth to be yet revealed. Also the time factor who says it was done in a heartbeat. Likely took a generation or generations to complete...
  22. Jim

The Pyramids Of Giza

I don't believe Hawass believes anything that rocks the century old viewpoint on Egyptology, in other words he refuses to review new accurate scientific data, this guys an Egyptology nightmare...
  23. Jim

The Child Snatcher(s) (Child Abductor Trope / Meme): UL?

hard to like that one what happened to the sad icon?
  24. Jim

The Pyramids Of Giza

Zahi Hawass has been given accolades for Egyptology, yet he is blind to any evidence that doesn't toe the line with the century old belief that the pyramids, Sphinx, etc are all much newer than they likely are especially with the Sphinx being proven to be at least as old as the end of the last...
  25. Jim

Graham Hancock (General / Compendium Thread On His Work)

Good Ramon, no not Atlantean, just pre-Columbus americans indians. Who needs all this nonsense about Atlantis, aliens. Just some basic math-engineering skills and hard work over time. Why should they have to reach when the answers right before their face. Hancock is a sensationalist with little...
  26. Jim

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

to me this is background common sense. Yes tubes are rad hardened by there very nature not being sensitive to blow out due to emf or static but so are rad hardened IC's which cost a bloody fortune.
  27. Jim

Denisovans (Prehistoric Human Group)

I didn't know you were a biologist Enola as well since the post is heavy on anatomy (LOL). Never mind dinosaurs the Jurassic park believers will have a field day with this one.
  28. Jim

They Fuck You Up, Your Mum & Dad

But him in the Hot Box or just plain shoot him by firing squad. Image the poor darling suffering helplessly.
  29. Jim

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

this is just too weird, like what the FF__k.
  30. Jim

Forgotten History

31. Jim

Worst Movie EVER?

One roller coaster of a movie. As for gore horror it ranks very highly (IMO).
  32. Jim

Atheism

No there's us agnostic's whom take neither position (I hold to no single deity). I'm an observer on the fence and really don't care what the masses or individuals believe so long as they are not harming anyone. Plenty of religious and atheistic murders, pograms, and exterminations on both...
  33. Jim

Jehovah's Witnesses Weirdness

This is stupid most atheist are as anti religious to the point to make it a bloody religion. Who fucking cares: be polite and ignore fanatical religious, or atheists' you'll never convince them. The same goes for bloody politics. There's fine Buddhist, Jews, Christians, Hindus, atheist...
  34. Jim

Atheism

exactly!!!
  35. Jim

Tales Of A Flat Earth

Ramon large groups of people seem to be prone to believe practically anything, UFO's, Flat Earth, Fake Nasa, death cults, fanatics of every conceivable possible variety. HELP
  36. Jim

Arachnophobia

Wow it does appear to have 10 legs which is impossible for the spider family. Unlike a relative but not an actual spider the camel spider.
  37. Jim

Large Snakes

From what I understand the snake not only constricts the life out of it prey it can squeeze hard enough to break the bones nessasary for swallowing large prey. I.e.: like when a human is devoured by a reticulated python or green anaconda the are said to crush the shoulders in order to swallow a...
  38. Jim

The Atlantis Thread

Interesting how the maps were dune up with mythological beasties. As well as island that were never there.
  39. Jim

I worked with the red eye and Hawk missile electronics controls (troubleshoot - repair sugest design issues etc. Point being the vacuum tube circuitry of the 70's was absolutely gigantic for a truck with 4 missiles tubes, the convoy of control electronics and radar electronics was staggering, 4...
  40. Jim

spot on!
  41. Jim

Dinosaurs: New Findings & Theories

Article on the larger - largest dinosaurs. Some sauropods are approaching the weight of the blue whale. https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2018/11/what-was-the-biggest-dinosaur-how-scientists-determine-giant-prehistoric-record-546363
  42. Jim

Newly Discovered: Animal Fossils

millipedes don't bite perhaps confusion with another arthropod centipedes?
  43. Jim

The 1 meter long amphibious Brondu scorpions are very similar to today's scorpions, but they are much large in size (largest ever terrestrial scorpion to date), had larger compound eyes, larger tail spines, stronger toxins, and a length of more than 1 meter. They lived in the Silurian period...
  44. Jim

I read another article on arthropthe giant arthropod. Said they found ~ 1/3 of the millipede and that it’s only the 3 fossil of arthropleura and the largest to date at that. Very ancient from Carboniferous period 345 to 295 ya. Sounds to be a harmless vegetarian.
  45. Jim

75 cm -~ 30", hows this relate to 8' or 96" long, small specimen of exact same species?
  46. Jim

Dinosaurs: New Findings & Theories

Incredible that a reptile weighing up to 550 lps could jump - hurl itself 7' vertically in order to gain altitude for flight.
  47. Jim

Vampires

Make a good horror movie, Transvanian creature feature with this vampire - ghoul charcater
  48. Jim

Göbekli Tepe: Temples From 10,000 B.C.

Goos Update on some very detailed sculpting very good stuff
Back