• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Carse

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Yes it does, and you can just about make out that something is there even when the video begins.
  2. Carse

Look where I've circled below - there is a green shape that fades in, moves around and then fades out
  3. Carse

Yes, it's nicely done if it is fake. That's the problem with most videos puporting to show ghosts and UFOs these days - if those faking them were willing to put in a bit more effort to use subtle techniques and generally tend towards the understated they could actually produce something a lot...
  4. Carse

I wonder why the camera is picked up so hastily right at the end? That implies the person taking the video was very near the camera while it was recording but surely otters would be wary with someone standing around. Unless the 'thing' showed up right at the very end of a much longer video? It...
  5. Carse

People Who Just Disappear (Go Missing)

At my work we’re instructed specifically not to approach or talk to children found playing on the railway unless accompanied by the police. So you have the ludicrous situation of me being sent to a report of young kids on the line, finding a group of 8 year olds running up and down the track and...
  6. Carse

Baltimore Bridge Accident

In hydrodynamics this effect is known as squat.
  7. Carse

The Howden Moors Incident

I love mysterious lights and dark lonely moors, so Berwyn is also of great interest to me. It's pretty obvious it was some natural phenomenon, though the jury is still out on whether that was a bolide entry or earthlights associated with a geological fault. The reports of military presence...
  8. Carse

The Howden Moors Incident

As someone who went to university in Sheffield and still feels a connection with the place, this is a case that has intrigued me since I first read about it years ago. What interests me about the Howden Moor incident is the light aircraft that was reportedly flying around at the time, and how it...
  9. Carse

Man Brought Service Duck To Buc-ee's. Now Banned From All Stores For Life

I’ve never read a more quintessentially American story. For folk like me who were completely baffed by the name, wikipedia says that Buc-ees is a petrol station chain in Texas and other southern states (again a typically American slant on the “world’s largest” accolade).
  10. Carse

Creepy Small Villages

It says: POLICE AWARE ANY DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OFFENDERS WILL BE PROSECUTED!
  11. Carse

The Scottish A70 UFO & Alleged Abductions Of Gary Wood & Colin Wright

I think that unfortunately 32 years on from the incident it is very unlikely that any new evidence will ever turn up so we're stuck with the basic facts as reported at the time, leading questions and all. I'd love to have something a bit more solid to go on - as you say it is a very perplexing...
  12. Carse

I was just rereading this thread from the beginning when I noticed that this BUFORA article states that the mystery substance which covered Garry's car appeared after his later experience with a bright light while he was driving his sons. This contradicts what I've previously read that the...
  13. Carse

He's certainly a tenacious researcher and does dive into details, although not always as deeply as I would like. I don't enjoy his writing style very much but his books are certainly interesting; I'm always fascinated to read more about UFOs in Scotland. I'll look forward to more posts here...
  14. Carse

I noted in a previous post you quoted him as saying it was a "warm, cool night". A bit disappointing really; last night I paid Amazon a tenner for the book and it arrives tomorrow....
  15. Carse

Calton Hill is synonymous with drugs and rent boys. This is now reminding me of the episode of the Simpsons when Homer is abducted by the two green aliens and they spray him all over with rum before returning him, so no one will believe him.
  16. Carse

I think it would explain a lot. The possible scenario I'm thinking of is that in 1992 Colin has a sideline in supplying/fitting dodgy Sky boxes that have fallen off the back of a lorry. One day Garry's friend mentions to him that she would like Sky TV but cannot afford it and he says he knows...
  17. Carse

Yes, I had wondered whether a stop along the way had been planned. Perhaps the dogger's layby might have played a part, which could also explain the vagueness around the timeline. Thanks, that does narrow it down. Were they planning to actually fit a satellite dish that night?! That makes the...
  18. Carse

This is a very good suggestion. I once worked with a man who crashed his car off a straight bit of road into a field and rolled it over three times. It turned out the exhaust was leaking into the cabin and had been poisoning him.
  19. Carse

That vagueness, to me, instantly calls the 'missing time' into question. If the timeline can't be nailed down then the whole thing starts to fall apart. I really would love to know if the location of the press photo is the actual location of the encounter. Pinning down exactly where the men...
  20. Carse

Yes, it's surprising that nothing is mentioned about stopping and getting out, or looking back, to see if the object had gone or was following them. That was a feature of the Betty & Barney Hill case and the more local Newton of Falkland case too (although I think both of these have now been...
  21. Carse

There is a blind corner about three quarters of a mile in the Edinburgh direction from the spot where the photo was taken, however it is only a blind bend because the view of the road ahead is blocked by the two houses on it... The other sharp corner before it is quite open and they should have...
  22. Carse

That's very interesting and certainly provides much food for thought. I had also been wondering if the trip to Tarbrax late on a Monday night was to do with avoiding the police when doing something dodgy (I was thinking drugs...), or if it was in fact a cover for some other activity entirely...
  23. Carse

Has it ever been explained why they were out so late in the evening? Given the missing time element is a vital part of the case, the timeline is very important. They are said to have set off from Edinburgh around 22:00 and expected to arrive at Tarbrax at about 22:30, though they actually...
  24. Carse

Using all my powers of deduction and Google Maps skills I managed to find the location of the press photo above in Streetview (it only took about 20 seconds!) - https://maps.app.goo.gl/TNCotKAA5228DBQV9 And the aerial view here - https://maps.app.goo.gl/4LH1e8kJjAGHjEDe6 Notably the camera...
  25. Carse

Spy Murder 'Too Sensitive For Court'

I was idly thinking about this case a few months ago when something occurred to me which I haven’t seen mentioned in any of the discussion around it. As Gareth worked for GCHQ and was on secondment to MI6, he would certainly have been required to hold ‘Developed Vetting’ (DV) security clearance...
  26. Carse

Children's Encounter With Odd Humanoid (Isle Of Wight; May 1973)

Despite appearances, I didn't actually start this thread myself as the first post was split out from another topic but the thought that Daisy May Cooper might have read something that I wrote about a relatively obscure Fortean incident is genuinely quite thrilling. I really enjoyed This Country...
  27. Carse

Owzabout That Then? The Jimmy Savile Revelations & Aftermath

I read the book when it came out in 2014 and I certainly also got the impression that most of the dialogue in the scenes with Dan was verbatim from his recordings. On a related note, I was a wee bit surprised that Louis Theroux didn't appear in this. His documentary in 2000 was a real eye opener...
  28. Carse

As you say, it was the intimidation and power imbalance I couldn’t handle. In the scenes where he finally latched on to each victim the sense of tension and menace was so huge I had to look away and move on; they had cast such vulnerable looking young actors and Steve Coogan’s Savile was so...
  29. Carse

I’m glad they had the courage to tackle the necrophilia and at least allude to the royal connection. I couldn’t watch the abuse scenes, I found myself having to fast forward through them. It was too much for me.
  30. Carse

The Morayshire Entity (May 18th 1977)

One thing that occurred to me is at the time of this encounter, RAF Lossiemouth hosted the headquarters detachment of 849 Naval Air Squadron, Fleet Air Arm. They operated the Fairey Gannet AEW.3 aircraft on anti-submarine warfare patrols. The Gannet was a funny looking dumpy little aircraft with...
  31. Carse

The Morayshire Entity (May 18th 1977)

It’s an interesting account that I had never heard of before. Although the author is at pains to point out the remoteness of Elgin, it is worth pointing out that Elgin is the county seat of Moray and even in the 1977 it was the largest settlement in the county; it isn’t some wild and sparsely...
  32. Carse

The Rainford Humanoid (Jan 2nd, 1978)

Before possession limit boards and worksite marker boards, a different type of lamp called a Til-Dawn was used at night (and during the day a red banner was used, which looked a bit like the old fashioned windbreak you might have used at the beach) to mark the start and end of a possession. This...
  33. Carse

What I’ve heard from a friend-of-a-friend-who-lives-in-the-area is that one of the brothers told his girlfriend what happened, she stayed quiet about it until their relationship subsequently broke up, then she told her mum and the mum went to the police. I have also heard it was known about by...
  34. Carse

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

It appals me that in the UK, air ambulances are funded almost entirely by charitable donations. Similarly with the RNLI.
  35. Carse

Railway Ghosts

After the Carmont (Stonehaven) crash I asked the boss from Ainscough how much the ponderous 600 ton crawler crane used for the recovery was costing for the week. He just gave a wry smile and said “Well it doesn’t really matter if it’s hundred pounds or a million pounds. If you need it, you need...
  36. Carse

Railway Ghosts

Have you seen the Huskisson cenotaph beside the line at Newton-Le-Willows? It's a quite beautiful structure and grade II listed: At the time, Rocket was being driven by Joseph Locke who was a truly great railway engineer in his own right. He was a good friend of Robert Stephenson and was...
  37. Carse

Rapist, Fugitive & Fraud? Is 'Arthur Knight' Really Nicholas Rossi?

The BBC is reporting that the doctor who has examined Rossi, who is never seen in public without his electric wheelchair and oxygen mask, believes he has nothing wrong with him (surprise, surprise) - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66044556 I particularly enjoyed this bit: “Giving...
  38. Carse

The Illusion Of Control: Buttons That Do Nothing

I used to work in a place where the small staff kitchen had a Dymo label on each cupboard and drawer with "PLATES", "MUGS", "CUTLERY" etc... as appropriate. The unopenable false drawer under the sink was labelled "SWEETIES" which always made me smile.
  39. Carse

GP Denies Giving Woman Cups Of Coffee Containing His Own Semen

Oddly enough, that’s my MI6 code name.
  40. Carse

GP Denies Giving Woman Cups Of Coffee Containing His Own Semen

I can confirm it is, yes. Don’t read on if you’re squeamish -
  41. Carse

Yes, Tony Parsons disappeared somewhere between Bridge of Orchy and Tyndrum (the last sighting of him was at the Bridge of Orchy Hotel but he never appeared on roadside CCTV recordings in Tyndrum) and his body was eventually found buried on the Auch estate, halfway between the two villages.
  42. Carse

Ghosts From Modern Tragedies

A hysterically crying young woman was seen several times at the top of the escalators in the 'Khyber Pass' ticket hall at Kings Cross St Pancras London Underground station after the 1987 fire disaster that killed 31 people. The whole concourse was remodelled between 2006 and 2010 but I haven't...
  43. Carse

Spaceport UK - Unst (Shetland)

Here’s a top tip that may one day prevent a violent altercation outside a pub in Lerwick - the name of the whole archipelago is Shetland (though each island has an individual name) and islanders get very grumpy when soothmoothers call it ‘The Shetlands’. A bit like Ukraine vs. ‘The Ukraine’
  44. Carse

The media is reporting that a body has been found on the north shore of Loch Rannoch, the official identification hasn't taken place but presumably it is that of Reece Rodger. It is good that the family will have some level of closure but they are unlikely ever to get any insight into what...
  45. Carse

What Common, Everyday Occurrence Do You Find Strange?

One thing that occasionally freaks me out a bit is the idea that the hands and fingers appended to my arms are the same ones I was born with. As in, they started out tiny - barely big enough to grip my mother’s thumb - and are now big. It just seems a bit mad like when you become super-aware of...
  46. Carse

Ridiculous Accidents

On Network Rail infrastructure in the UK there are, on average, three bridge strikes per day. So far today nationally there have been two reported.
  47. Carse

Ridiculous Accidents

Sorry to be a pedant, but only the ones under 16’ 6” / 5.0m are signed - any structure over a road in the UK taller that height doesn’t have to be marked (although occasionally they are if there’s a specific concern). Height markings for structures have been prescribed in the traffic sign...
  48. Carse

Ridiculous Accidents

In reference to the incident yesterday at Cook Street, Glasgow, posted above, the service had been diverted off its usual route due to road closure for a running race in the city centre, although obviously he wasn’t meant to go that way. Part of the problem with this specific location - and this...
  49. Carse

What Dying People See

I’m curious about this aspect too. I‘ve never got on with my dad - in fact we have been estranged for over ten years with no contact at all between us. Assuming he predeceases me (I think he’s still alive), can I expect him to appear at the end of my deathbed along with my ’proper’ loved-ones...
  50. Carse

I do see what you mean, but at work last year I attended an incident where someone who had taken their own life and the body had been located by Police Scotland using their mobile phone data. I spoke to a police staff member (civilian rather than a warranted officer) who deals with electronic...
Back