• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

People Who Have Never Read A Book

I grew up in a house of avid readers, and as a result I'm one too. My house is full of them. My kids are both similarly cursed/blessed (when you can drag them off the games, that is)- but interestingly both the women I have married were proudly non-readers. The ex does now occasionally read...
  2. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

FT magazines 2000 to 2017 free to collector

Brilliant, and thanks. I love this place.
  3. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

FT magazines 2000 to 2017 free to collector

Hi Roland, I would love them, and I'm in Hastings too. Could I pop round and pick them up, if they are still available, towards the end of the week? Mr TH
  4. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

No babies, though! Gah!
  5. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Very quickly, here's something that's been bugging me for over 25 years, and may just fit here. Between 1992 and 1996 I spent a lot of time in Plymouth at university (barring the year and a bit I lived in Dublin on placement). There was a chemist down the steps near the Purple Haze comic shop...
  6. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Noddy Holder told that story on Wogan (or maybe Harty) in the eighties. I remember watching it as a kid with my whole family, and us all having hysterics.
  7. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Experiences With The Ouija Board (IHTM)

I got a Ouija board for Xmas from my gran in about 1979, when I was nine. I remember we all used it Xmas night, while telling ghost stories. Absolutely nothing happened, and never did the few times I used it afterwards. It did allow us to have a fun and scary evening, with scary stories. Which...
  8. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Are All Psychics & Fortune Tellers Fakes?

Our local most famous psychic told me in 1987, that I would marry a blonde woman and have six children, five girls and a boy. At 17, I had no interest in having children whatsoever, and blondes were definitely"not my type". I sit here now, married to a blonde (though her hair has never been...
  9. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Haha, I am so sorry Ermintruder. But that's what I saw, if that in any way takes the edge off. Wouldn't it be wonderful if at last, proof positive of the supernatural was confirmed, not by Zack Bagans or Maurice Gross, but by a pair of comedy trousers deciding to choose that moment to defiantly...
  10. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Re smoking, yes, and that's what I've put it down to. Very strong though- like a freshly smoked fag. And re the trousers (!), No. I don't own any blue trousers at all. Light blue slacks, of the "elderly man" variety is the impression I got. It was very quick. Im not claiming I stood there and...
  11. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Last time I posted anything of substance here it was to recall possibly the strangest "paranormal" experience of my life, from 25 years ago. Mostly, since then, the spirit world has been massively disinterested in me. However, nine months ago me and my new wife moved into a little old row of...
  12. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Magpies

Just to add to this fascinating collection of weird things we do around magpies- my lifelong response to them requires no saluting, but I have to say "Hello Mr Magpie, how's your wife?" to the first one I see. The next one gets "Hello MRS Magpie, hows your husband?", and then it goes back to Mr...
  13. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Black Stick Man

I've had this thread on "watch" for a while now, despite its quietness, because this is genuinely one aspect of Fortean weirdness that spooks the hell out of me. Can I just also thank Skrymr for his post(s) and say that someone else here is eagerly awaiting anything further...
  14. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Apparating Object

Standing in the kitchen doing the washing up, my soon-to-be-stepdaughter enters from the lounge with an empty glass, places it on the table a good six feet from where I am. "Why's she done that?" I think. "I could wash that up." She goes to the fridge, gets out a bottle of Coke. "Ah, she wants...
  15. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

LionManImaginaryFriend

Surely the greatest "sort of Lion Man imaginary friend" in all of literature is Hobbes?
  16. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Premonitions

My partner has been almost hit by a car twice in the last week. Last night she was working, and phoned me about ten telling me of the latest, second, incident earlier that day. I then went to sleep, and dreamt of being in a car driving along a road and suddenly seeing her car involved in an...
  17. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Hair Thieves

There was a scare here in Hastings in the mid 1980s, when I and a bunch of my long haired friends were told by our mums that a gang was going around cutting off people's hair. Funnily enough it never made the local press, and never happened to anyone I know. I think maybe our mums just wanted to...
  18. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Things moving around by themselves: I'm reading a book at the moment, and I leave it on the shelf under the coffee table in the lounge. While sitting on the sofa, checking Facebook just now, I notice one of those periodic "take the book nearest to you, turn to page 56 and copy the fifth...
  19. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Classic Archive Merged: Pani(ic) In The Woods

Hey, yep. Don't know if you are familiar with Bushy Wood in Sussex, but it used to be a popular location for school camps, back in the late seventies. My school went there, and we were terrified by tales of the "Bushy Wood Bogey" (obviously made up by the teachers to scare us out of venturing...
  20. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Horror Films

That'll be it! Many thanks!
  21. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Horror Films

I thought that too, when I searched for it after watching. I will dig about and when I'm on Netflix next, I'll post more details. Perhaps search for "Irish", "vampire" and "peat bogs" under 'terms'?
  22. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Horror Films

Forteans may well be interested in Out of the Dark (currently on Netflix UK), which I saw last night as a last mi ute replacement for Blackfoot Trail when our Amazon connection went tits up. An Irish couple, driving through Co. Offaly, break down and have to seek help at a local farm house...
  23. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Spy Camera

This thread is fascinating, and the photos Brig has given are, so far, eye-popping. Also, Brig, you live in the Arctic? That ghost needs thicker pyjamas! Please, please, keep us updated. I really want to see how this pans out- even of it all turns out to be the work of a mischievous and hungry...
  24. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Yes, it's the idea of false memory that fascinates me most about this I think. While I would love to believe the cloven hoof'd one showed up to make my life just that little bit more interesting- I'm sure if there were a monster roaming around South West England, we'd have seen it on the telly...
  25. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Entirely possible, I guess. I'm going to offer no opinion on what I "saw" one way or the other- except to say that like "most Forteans", I am hugely sceptical (but would love to be convinced). Logically, I can't have seen a giant Pan in that field, that sort of thing "doesn't happen" (except...
  26. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Im really pleased that people have been open to this, and that I wasn't met with a stony wall of silence (again!). I'm much obliged. The simple answer is no, in don't recall any of the conversation while going down the lane. I was in the back, on the right side, and just remember watching out...
  27. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

That's exactly what I mean. There was no discussion at all.
  28. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Sausages: The Talking Dog Featured On 'That's Life'

This being the single most terrifying thing from my childhood, I would do anything to see it again. I contacted the BBC's archive a few years ago with the intent of buying the programme if it was still around (as was technically offered at the time, I believe) and received a curt email back...
  29. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

And that's the best explanation.anyone has given me in the intervening years. :-)
  30. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Nothing like as interesting. A bloke got on at one stop, looked to be homeless, shuffled through the carriage as the train went off and I noticed that a) he smelled strongly of rancid meat and b) everyone in the carriage was pointedly looking away from him, at the floor, over their shoulders...
  31. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Two have left Facebook entirely in the past few years, one is still there but has never responded to my friend request (I originally thought it must have been a mistake!) and the last one is still registering as having an account but hasn't posted in years. Oddly, just writing all this down...
  32. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Good old Dartmoor, it never stops being fascinating even removed from it in both distance and time. I remember we drove from Jay's Grave- but have no idea how far. Could have been a mile, or several. Sorry I can't be of more help in locating the field and track in question. All I know is there...
  33. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

Somewhere near Jay's Grave, as that's where we had just come from. Other than that... As I say, I've not been back in over twenty years, and I wasn't driving. It'd be interesting to look though.
  34. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

That's a damn good point. My reticence to contact them again is, I guess, due to lingering upset that they'd delete me in the first place. No one likes to be told "I deleted you because you're a dick", after all. At this point it would take more courage than I have to approach them I'm afraid...
  35. Mr T-H (Old; Original)

First time poster here, so not expecting to be taken seriously... And doubly naughty for reopening a long-dead thread. I apologise, but this seemed the most appropriate way to proceed. The following is as best as I can remember, the events of one night in about 1996. It could have been as early...
Back