• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. V

The Thylacine ('Tasmanian Tiger' Or 'Wolf')

That's a lot of rubbish and a very ill informed comment to make. If the species survived all those years without human hands it doesn't need human intervention. This crap about low gene pool has been doing the rounds for years. This would be to justify a possible very recent extinction which...
  2. V

Thylacines (Post-1936 Sightings)

Well, it's pretty quiet nothing really new on the Thylacine front other than i recently came to the conclusion that both Adamsfield and Cameron's evidences are a ploy of some sort. You are spot on when you said that what Cameron said you could find exactly the same in the literature at the time...
  3. V

What an excellent post.. There is still some faith in mankind with people like you.
  4. V

Returning Tasmanian Devils To The Mainland

It will be good to have a wild population elsewhere than Tasmania so that they are free from the facial disease. Though i doubt they will fare very well against dingoes, wild dogs, foxes and cats..
  5. V

You are more likely to see in your lifetime a rediscovery of a live specimen rather than a cloned breathing Thylacine.
  6. V

Thanks, had never seen that specific study before, although i have read 80% of it elsewhere. I think where it has its flaws is how they estimate body weight based solely on bone structure, i bet most Thylacines were heavier than their estimates, yes it's true female Thylacine were smaller than...
  7. V

Yes, i know some were pretty small, the specimen found in the cave on the Nullarbor was a midget, by the way is it even a sure thing it was a fully grown specimen? My point though is that taller doesn't necessarily means stronger, Dingoes would have to be at least 10 cm higher (to the...
  8. V

Thylacines are not really thin, they are actually stronger and stealthier than Dingoes. The difference between them is unmistakable, when looking at the tail. Apart from Percy Trezise, nobody bothered asking Aboriginals about Thylacines in remote areas which is a shame. Those are the people (if...
  9. V

Adamsfiled Thylacine Carcass (Foot Fetish)

"X-creatures: Beyond the Jaws of Extinction" rather ;) That is quite a haunting title by the way, tried to get it a while back without much success, i'm pretty sure it is still on TM facebook page.
  10. V

I always use the term Thylacine because: 1/ The species isn't endemic to Tasmania. 2/ They have little to do with Tigers, even i feel Wolf is a bit far fetched. It's an unique animal in so many ways.
  11. V

The problem Andy is it would have none of its uniqueness as it wouldn't behave like one.. that is in the unlikely event they manage to clone one. Also i can't even imagine how sad it would look like walking around in a cage, only this time in color. I'm sorry to say but cloning one is a no no...
  12. V

I'm one of those who believe they hunted more like cats, by catching their prey by surprise. This would make sense for an elusive, nocturnal predator. Strong hind legs is also a Felid feature and once again would make sense for an animal needing quick accelerations to get going. There is also...
  13. V

G'day Mungoman, i wouldn't bother with that nutter as well as his acolytes, including one who think that by measuring blurry photographs of an animal coming at an angle is proving them to be Thylacine, yet that same individual kept ignoring me when i asked him why Thylacines on the mainland...
  14. V

That's what was said on the "awareness" fb group. It would need mud or very soft sand, that would allow the foot to sink at depth of 2 inches for the 5th digit to appear in footprints. That's complete rubbish.
  15. V

Yes, better out of it. I will let them have fun in believing Thylacines have high hocks, thin neck and a white tip on the tail.. It's a great shame there are people like him searching for the thing i care the most in the world, as you said a couple of days ago..
  16. V

It's quite fitting you mention that because i have been removed from the group today for telling all his stuff was of mangy foxes and probably other things that didn't fit his agenda. I had taken note of some members magically disappearing. They all knew what they were talking about and were...
  17. V

A grey fox! Never thought they could be that colour.. You are probably right, the angle is terrible to assess the height of the hocks and it looks particularly skinny but i wondered why the lady described it as "prehistoric looking".
  18. V

There is a journalist from it who has been following the group closely for some reason. Posted a similar article a few days ago after someone posted a trail cam photo of what is clearly a fox. This one really got my attention though as the witness describes a grey animal and the hocks appear...
  19. V

Well, this is getting interesting. From the person who took the picture: "What I saw was more grey than tan, but I'm quite sure it was a Tassie Tiger!" I'm sure you will love that quote OR. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3989152/South-Australian-mum-swears-saw-Tasmanian-tiger.html
  20. V

Can't believe all the rubbish that is being spouted right now, i would get myself banned from the group if i stepped up and answered to each incorrect posts about this majestic animal. It's a great shame really as there is always the odd decent eyewitness account in there sometimes but with all...
  21. V

You can tell from the stance it's 95% certainly a fox despite the terrible quality, video should confirm it's 100% fox... What's so sad is that he is absolutely convinced his 2nd video (2008 one) is a Thylacine when it clearly isn't.The woman who shot it shouldn't be taken seriously and she came...
  22. V

Cheers OR, that will save me some time from watching it. I was skeptical about giving it a go after reading: "The movie follows a trio of conservationists and wildlife experts on their mission to Tasmania to investigate possible sightings of the Tasmanian tiger, one of the most terrifying...
  23. V

I would keep quiet. I have been thinking about it for a while and was undecided until reading some of the comments on facebook, which settled it for me. People obviously aren't ready to receive such news and probably never will. That's only a small proportion of the population who would do wrong...
  24. V

I would love to know your opinion on what to do in the hypothetical case of Thylacines in Tasmania OR? Would you keep quiet or tell it to the general public?
  25. V

The person i'm talking about posted a great pic of Eric Guiler on the 31st October, he seems always fair in his analysis, has a lots of bush experience and basically agreed the 2 videos were foxes.
  26. V

Welcome Krissy! That's another great post OR. To justify his videos as being mainland sup-species was poor form, to say the least. Those were clearly 100% foxes. The other day he got excited about a foot print which was clearly a canid's. There is one decent field searcher on the group...
  27. V

I don't believe in top predators of roughly the same size attacking each other, as long as the food supply is large enough, which i'm not totally convinced is the case in NG, unlike in the mainland. Didn't know the singing dog problem was hybridization, i though that was more the Australian's...
  28. V

It's frustrating we haven't been getting anything new from New Guinea for the last 15 years, at least. I did read about a credible sighting report however from the brother of the then provincial medical director. That was a daytime sighting at least 15 years ago in the Merauke region. Also, i...
  29. V

Cheers for the welcome guys :)
  30. V

Thanks! Didn't know about that. Will definitely read it when i'm fully reposed. The Thylacine is truly an amazing piece of work by Nature..
  31. V

I too have been doubting that study since i first read it OR. Like all marsupials i believe Thylacines have a very powerful bite force, far stronger than meet the eye. When you look at this specimen: It's impossible for me to believe they have weak jaws seeing that neck. They did a lot of...
  32. V

Thanks, i must say i have been lucky to read English since a very young age when it's always easier to learn. So much more info to gather when you can understand the English language. Unfortunately, i don't understand one bit of German!
  33. V

Cheers, i have been lurking on here for some time now, obtained some great infos in the process thanks to all contributors. Felt it was the right time to come out of the wood work and finally post. I think we have at hand a far greater animal than we realise. Even in Tasmania when there was...
  34. V

Hello everyone. My first post, huge Thylacine enthusiast here... That's a very good post oldrover, you make some great point, the lady is obviously confusing a fox and a Thylacine and after the video was posted a few weeks ago i must admit my belief for sightings in Victoria took a huge drop..
Back