• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Rabbit Will Run

Who Was That?

This is very interesting to me, because I've experienced the exact same thing. Voices that are very much not my "inner voice" with distinct accents and characteristics (male and female) will utter the most banal or weird phrases in my ear, usually as I'm quiet and preparing for sleep. I've heard...
  2. Rabbit Will Run

Orange Spheres

Ooh very interested in this thread as I live in Derbyshire. Haven't seen anything like this though I'm afraid - only unexplained pinpoints of light and a large glowing orange ball in the night sky.
  3. Rabbit Will Run

The Mysterious Ball Of Light

Welcome @Mik Bulk! That a great story and so good you had a second witness. I'm imagining parallel worlds and time travel and ray guns opening portals! Haha. I had a similar experience with a light source in my living room but it was very small, like a small dot and very very bright, like a...
  4. Rabbit Will Run

Dreaming Of The Dead

I think I wrote my experiences here before but I've searched and can't find them (it was an old account)! Sorry if I'm repeating myself. In the past I'd had a few dreams of people who had died. They always took place on buses, some kind of symbolism of being "between" places I suppose - neither...
  5. Rabbit Will Run

Inner Voices

I occasionally experience something very much like this, @gattino. For me it will usually just be one line of conversation, as you say, nothing to do with my train of thought but as if spoken aloud by someone else in my mind. It almost makes me jump to hear it, I suppose this snaps me out of...
  6. Rabbit Will Run

About A Stone

Oh, I love this, @Swifty! Haha! Maybe he should have taken a dirt rubbing like @catseye's brother!
  7. Rabbit Will Run

About A Stone

I've always subscribed to the idea of taking little mementos to remember a pleasant day, I even like geocaching and mudlarking for the same reasons! I'll often take a stone or a shell or even a cutting from a plant or the seed from a tree. I think I mentioned on another thread (and please don't...
  8. Rabbit Will Run

Odd, Unexplainable Appearances

So glad this thread has been brought back to life, I must've missed it first time around! What an amazing sighting, @Mungoman!
  9. Rabbit Will Run

Erotic Dream. Anybody Got Any Ideas As To Its Significance?

That actually made me go back and read Page 1 in more detail, @JamesWhitehead! Haha! I had a similar dream to Rynner but it was a blue, furry wolf man, in some weird apocalyptic setting.
  10. Rabbit Will Run

The Reverse Haunted House

- Glad to hear this, @Verbal Earthworm! I confess I do have a medieval finger bone from a disturbed grave (long story - mass burial, spoil heap, discarded bones, goth tendencies, deep pockets, profound guilt). With regard to the original post I live in a supposedly haunted house that has been...
  11. Rabbit Will Run

Dolls?

Never really been one for dolls, I had a family of toy mice living in my dolls house as a child, the size made more sense to me! Having said that, last month I bought this amazing early Victorian fortune telling doll, so I thought she would be quite apt to post! As creepy as you like and with a...
  12. Rabbit Will Run

Animals 'Naming Themselves'

I saw the same program I think! I remember there being a dog who wouldn't behave and was very depressed. The psychic spoke to the dog who said he was unhappy with his name and wouldn't respond to it. He said his name was actually <insert bizarre name that sounded like a demon>. It really stayed...
  13. Rabbit Will Run

You Look Just Like...

At one point I couldn't leave the house without someone telling me I looked like Kate Bush, and I once had Karen Carpenter and Crystal Tipps, so that's three matches I have with @Jepra Peld - I wonder if we would be compared to each other! Maybe we should swap photos to see! I got rather blase...
  14. Rabbit Will Run

Where Have All The IH2Ms Gone?

Just want to say thank you for all your hard work, it's very exciting to have new (old!) threads to pour over and it is making my days at work much more bearable but probably less productive!
  15. Rabbit Will Run

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

It looked like a line to me, Swifty, until I read your message above. A knight on a horse definitely makes more sense to me, movement wise!
  16. Rabbit Will Run

Weird Conversations & Interactions Involving Mistaken Identity

This pales in comparison as my name wasn't known, no details of my life were described, but it's a telephone conversation that stayed with me as being extremely odd... When I was a student, living with friends in Sheffield I was once awoken in the morning by the telephone ringing. It was right...
  17. Rabbit Will Run

Dreams That Predict The Future

I once had a dream that Johnny Cash had died, I had friends who were big fans and I remember it worried them at the time. I can't remember whether the news broke that day or the day after but it ended up being June Carter who died. Suffice to say that a bit of Johnny died that day, so my dream...
  18. Rabbit Will Run

Forerunners Predicting Death

My dad always tells the tale of a large brass shield falling off the wall at my grandmother's wake, apparently it had been there for years and never budged. A bit late in the warning there! He said it certainly shocked everyone but lightened the mood. No one took much stock in it, I don't think...
  19. Rabbit Will Run

Crossroads Spirit

This doesn't quite fit the crossroads topic, but the story of the girl with the walking frame reminded me of a story my ex once told me about an odd thing that happened to his grandparents. I can't recall all the details, sadly, so this is rather vague (and I can't imagine he'd be particularly...
  20. Rabbit Will Run

Something Unpleasant, Unseen

I definitely think that some buildings soak up emotion. I lived in a small Victorian cottage for a couple of years which had a very unpleasant atmosphere. It was idyllic, overlooking a paddock but just so unhappy. It was a time of upheaval, I was starting a new relationship, I'd just moved away...
  21. Rabbit Will Run

Dreaming Of The Dead

That sounds like an amazing dream @Giant Richard! What a comfort that must've been. I've written about a slightly similar experience on the 'Dreaming of the Dead' thread. Only similar in that I encountered a dead work colleague in a dream and I was very surprised and a little frightened to see...
  22. Rabbit Will Run

These Roads Lead... Where?

I read this thread some years ago, thank you for bringing it to my attention again! It's one that really stayed with me. Apologies if this has already been alluded to or is too obvious to be worth mentioning but I think the following passage really stands out to me in terms of this being a...
  23. Rabbit Will Run

Libraries: Both Haunting and Haunted

I worked in a library in Derbyshire for ten years, only left a few years ago. We didn't have any ghostly phenomena but it was very eerie when it was empty, as is probably the case with any public building. I'd unlock the door and walk through the main library (just the one large room) through a...
  24. Rabbit Will Run

Magnetic Pebbles

I grew up in small village on the South Yorkshire border in the 80s/90s and this was a very popular trick in my primary school!
  25. Rabbit Will Run

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

This has happened to me twice with Yale locks. I show properties for my job and I've been locked inside two different houses! Both of these houses had an incredibly unpleasant atmosphere and the locking-in felt almost malevolent but the rational part of my brain says they were empty and...
  26. Rabbit Will Run

Borley Rectory

Ha! I'll admit to sleeping a little uneasily the first night it was in the house! I'll try to take some more detailed photos tonight.
  27. Rabbit Will Run

Borley Rectory

I'll try to take some more pictures for you tonight @Swifty and I'll ask Mr Rabbit if he still has the photos, I don't recall him showing them to me! If I remember it was some kind of sign, but I might be mistaken.
  28. Rabbit Will Run

Borley Rectory

Yes, his name takes up most of the box! It's quite crudely carved, not very ornate. We only strolled in to browse the auction as it's at the bottom of our road, we couldn't believe our eyes when we saw the box! We've both been fascinated with Borley since we were kids, so we made sure to touch...
  29. Rabbit Will Run

Borley Rectory

As an aside, my partner and I recently acquired Revered Bull's (we assume the senior) church box from a local auction. Unbelievably we managed to win it as it was miscatalogued as being from Bornely Church, or some such misspelling. So it's currently sat in our living room, the most haunted box...
  30. Rabbit Will Run

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

My dad saw something very similar in our living room, only he described it as a column of steam. Said it was about the height of a person and drifted down the length of the room. He said it reminded him of steam from a kettle and he actually put his hand inside to see if it was hot or cold but...
  31. Rabbit Will Run

Pareidolia

And I'm more likely to see faces than 75% of people! Which also explains a lot! Haha! Thanks for the link, a happy two minute diversion at the office today.
  32. Rabbit Will Run

A Sense Of Belonging... Somewhere Else

Are you in the UK, Merricat? Ancestry.co.uk should be free at your local library. I worked in libraries for ten years and I think it's a nationwide scheme to have a subscription in every library equipped with computers. There should also be someone there trained to help you - it was me in our...
  33. Rabbit Will Run

Ooh-Err... Nasty House

The lead up to this story is actually more interesting than the 'on topic' reason I'm writing it, but it's vaguely relevant to the previous few posts so here goes! I suppose the tagline is that my boyfriend and I pulled over in the car and ended up in a care home inhabited by nuns! We were...
  34. Rabbit Will Run

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Oh Henry I wish that was my dream so your friend and I would both have some proof but I'm female and live in England. It sounds very similar to what I experienced though! There were definitely other characters there and I remember the situation not being entirely pleasant, although I recall...
  35. Rabbit Will Run

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Just to add from a female perspective that I've had similar dreams and felt bereft upon waking. Again, often someone definitely not my type in real life but an absolute soulmate in the dreamworld. I remember once exchanging numbers with someone, hastily scrawled on a paper towel, so that we...
  36. Rabbit Will Run

Your IHTM Timeline

Ahh, thanks David Plankton and Ibis! It all seems bit far fetched but I'll try to get something written down to go in the Past Lives thread.
  37. Rabbit Will Run

Workplace 'Ghost'

I had the same thing. Whenever I dream of the dead I always seem to meet them whilst travelling on a bus, as though it's my mind letting me know that we're inbetween places somehow. My friend didn't know she was dead, she was chatting to me as she always would but faltered when she saw the look...
  38. Rabbit Will Run

The Transdimensional Gas Station

And find somewhere else to buy your creamed corn.
  39. Rabbit Will Run

The Transdimensional Gas Station

Creepily makes me think about the gas station/convenience store in the new Twin Peaks. Blinking in and out of existence.
  40. Rabbit Will Run

Lights In The Woods

I love this idea, Cavynaut, although possibly not the consequences! We did hear a lone horn blasting out in the distance whilst exploring Chanctonbury Ring this year, it was wonderfully eerie! Obviously Bucca, PeteByrdie! This makes me very happy.
  41. Rabbit Will Run

Lights In The Woods

I had a somewhat similar experience whilst on holiday with my parents in the late 80s/early 90s. We were staying in an apartment overlooking the cliffs in Porth, near Newquay in Cornwall. One evening we saw a row of white lights all moving at speed across the clifftop path. We assumed they must...
  42. Rabbit Will Run

Nine Ladies Stone Circle

I've always had a thing for barrows. The Barrow-downs was one of my favourite parts of The Lord of the Rings. I found it so chilling and atmospheric, such a shame it wasn't in the films! I remember my uncle telling me a story when I was a child that one of the barrows in Sheffield was in fact a...
  43. Rabbit Will Run

My Three Things

Off topic, but couldn't let it go unanswered! My ancestor was also a gamekeeper around the same era, GITM! He was involved in the Rufford Park Poaching Incident, which inspired its own folk ballad! He had to give evidence in court when one of the other keepers was killed by poachers. This was...
  44. Rabbit Will Run

Your IHTM Timeline

What a wonderful idea for a thread! Unfortunately I've lost access to my old account, although I hadn't posted many incidents anyway. Here's a timeline of the most interesting moments in my family history. 1910s My maternal great grandmother has a dream in which she sees her son, who is...
  45. Rabbit Will Run

Ghosts At English Heritage Sites

Hooray for Bolsover Castle! I can see it on the skyline from the street I grew up in. Always a treat when I visit my folks. Only been there a few times, usually just to see the medieval joust they host. Heard lots of stories but never seen anything myself, despite the spooky atmosphere. I...
  46. Rabbit Will Run

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

I currently work at an estate agents, for my sins, and yesterday I was preparing a brochure for a property that has a medieval cellar. As I was adding the photos I came across this one in which (and I'm almost certain it's just a trick of the camera flash) I can see a shadowy human figure moving...
  47. Rabbit Will Run

Strange Coincidences?

I live in Lewes, Carlos!
  48. Rabbit Will Run

Reincarnation? Recalling Past Lives (From Memory; In Dreams)

I'm British and during my brief dalliance with self regression I must admit that most of the countries that suggested themselves were mainly European (England, Scotland, France) and only one other - which was India. The two that seemed the most convincing to me were definitely the places I had...
  49. Rabbit Will Run

Irrational Childhood Terror

I think the image of someone falling from a tower is inherently terrifying, especially the artwork on most tarot cards! Towers always evoke a feeling in me, but it's more melancholy, although I'm sure it would be different if I was thinking about someone falling from one! I hate to be the one...
Back