• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. J

I Saw And Photographed The Loch Ness Monster In 2006

I was very honest about my lack of responsibility on the day in question. I had been drinking, and I was driving on a narrow road with a lot of fast crazy drivers. I was a tourist on the wrong side of the car on the wrong side of the road, if you know what I mean. Then the next thing I know...
  2. J

Oh I see. So making jokes about my career is relevant but not me calling the poster out on it. Now I understand. I already gave my account. I was driving. She saw it and started freaking out. I pulled over to a lay by while she went for the camera in her bag in the backseat. She was on the side...
  3. J

Strange but I don’t recall calling anyone a name, but it’s cool that my profession is being made fun of. I edited my previous comment. I meant to say where I was and where she took it but what does it matter? The photo wasn’t taken where the analyst said it was and it certainly wasn’t mud on...
  4. J

Sure. That wasn’t where we saw it. Thanks for deleting my comment where I pointed out the snarky condescending post above but leaving the snarky condescending post intact.
  5. J

He’s wrong about where it was taken.
  6. J

Try this. This is what I agreed to, a blog article. I didn’t agree to print publication. http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.com/2018/04/a-photograph-from-2006.html
  7. J

Oh look, the ones who can afford to be snarky are the ones who are.
  8. J

You accused me of passing off a bird as a giant animal. Anyone can see it’s too big. And I’m the clown? Sure thing. plus you avoided that your community provoked me, and then ripped me off. And getting ripped off was a concern, which is why I was provoked, and got ripped off as I feared. But...
  9. J

I never said it was, but it’s pretty funny how everyone here including the mod Yithian dog piled me and mocked me for being scared to show the picture, and what happens when I do? One of your own members puts it in a book and makes money from it. Where are all of you making fun of me for not...
  10. J

Yeah, and one that could get me in a lot of trouble which was the entire point of being nervous about sharing. If I knew the best way to call Rolan Watson aka Silverity out as a fraud to the most people, I would do it.
  11. J

So much for the honesty of “serious researchers.” All he had to do was send a message and ask, but he didn’t because he knew what the answer would be, and just did it anyway.
  12. J

I was giving permission to share it on a blog. I did not authorize use in a book that the author would make money from. He never even bothered to tell me. I only found out because I went to look at his website and see if there were reader comments about the picture. He couldn’t even be honest...
  13. J

It appears it is common knowledge that I obtained permission from my ex to share the photo under the condition of alias and let “silverity” aka Roland Watson post the picture and account on his blog. What I was never told was that Watson was planning to publish the photo in a very amateurish...
  14. J

Why don't you go punch yourself in the face or I'll assume you're as dumb as your writing style suggests.
  15. J

Oh, look, the fellow who decided to create a parody thread to mock me. Don't speak to me again.
  16. J

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/i-saw-and-photographed-the-gila-monster-in-2016.62303/
  17. J

Sorry, I'm just such an "idiot" that I fell immune to the wonderful posters who gave their time mocking me, questioning my credibility, and then creating a parody thread to make fun of my experience.
  18. J

Now you're stalking me?
  19. J

Tell that to your esteemed forum member who sent me a message calling me a fraud.
  20. J

Says the "expert" who thinks an object halfway across the Loch is a close up bird. Your opinion is worthless.
  21. J

I posted it and received a very disrespectful message immediately after.
  22. J

https://s6.postimg.org/dkvmt15pt/IMG_5783.png
  23. J

I have been called over sensitive and my motives have been brought into question. Also my basic ability to tell the difference between a large animal and a bird even though anyone looking at the picture can see it's too big and too far away to be a swan. I have been accused directly and...
  24. J

I am incorrect about asking you withhold assessment. I asked Silverity and thought I had asked you. I would still have hoped you would show me the courtesy of at least informing me that you were making a public assessment. As I explained to Silverity, I did not take or upload the photo. She did...
  25. J

At absolutely no point did I say this was a camera phone. I stated very clearly that the camera was a cheap point and click that was already a number of years old at that point. If even that simple fact is misread in my report, what else isn't translating? There aren't humps behind the object...
  26. J

I think that anyone with even an ounce of common sense would understand that when I stated upfront that this was an effort that provoked a variety of emotional responses on my part, such as fear, and that I was looking for an open-minded group to help give me the courage, coming at me with LOLs...
  27. J

I've shown it to Silverity. He's already commented on it. I am in contact with Yithian who will see it when he is at his computer next. As for anyone else, you can contact me privately. There are several of you who can drop dead as far as I'm concerned.
  28. J

Yeah, point made, big guy.
  29. J

It has already been reviewed and commented upon by Silverity right here in this thread.
  30. J

Thank you, I sent you a link.
  31. J

It's nice to be in a position where I express my fears about bringing the photo forward and having those fears reinforced. Thanks all.
  32. J

How very adult of you. It's easy to be snarky when you have absolutely nothing at risk in the conversation isn't it?
  33. J

Something tells me the odds are going to be stacked against me regardless, which is exactly why we never showed it to anyone in 2006, and like I said about being laughed at the first time I talked about it with my wife's family. The currentl climate of hostility here in this discussion isn't...
  34. J

And your reason is invalidated by the fact that I have already taken steps. Another non point.
  35. J

I just stated that I contacted the admin and requested his email address. It looks like you missed that.
  36. J

What point are you trying to make? You didn't know what you were talking about and then tried to inform me that I should expect to be greeted with questions like yours from well educated people...who don't know what they're talking about? It's like then person I mentioned before who made a...
  37. J

I have contacted the moderator per his offer. I can also assure you that regardless of his opinion, I will be very selective regarding who sees it. Thanks for giving me one more example of why.
  38. J

Your methodical research has kept you from a 30 second Google search that reveals the movie you said I might have seen filming wasn't even shot at Loch Ness.
  39. J

While there has been some genuinely supportive and interesting people who have replied here, the samples of skepticism are why I have been so ambivalent. Posting smiley faces and saying I just saw a log, or suggesting I saw a movie being filmed, or just out and out questioning what I consider...
  40. J

This is what the photo shows.
  41. J

I'm going to need to give it a little more thought before sending the photo to anyone. I might sound paranoid and maybe I am. It's just a very weird position to be in. But this has been cathartic, as another person noted previously.
  42. J

It has her reflection. Not much, mostly just the camera, but I'm so nervous about her finding out and making a stink on social media or something and my employers catching wind. As mentioned before it didn't end well, and there were financial entanglements that neither of us felt satisfied on.
  43. J

This is my full account. I am writing this under a pseudonym. I am an American working in a field involving considerable professional scrutiny. The one time I discussed this, at a family holiday party after a few drinks, I was laughed at and ribbed for the next few years, so I can only imagine...
  44. J

i had an experience at Loch Ness in 2006. I chose not to go public with it for fear of ridicule. This account is a pseudonym. There was one other witness and she took a photo. The experience was unpleasant (not bad, but definitely strange and we knew no one would believe it) so we put the...
Back