• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. THA

"Building A Fortean Library" Can Anyone Supply A list Of Books Featured?

Possibly. But (assuming no loss of interest), someone who makes a request like that in the midst of being flooded might also find the time for some good manners, don't you think? (And yes I am feeling grumpy.)
  2. THA

You'd think, wouldn't you? that after eight or nine weeks Mr Ombrophobia would have had the good grace to say thankyou for the service provided (and so quickly too)? Or am I missing something here?
  3. THA

Cadburys Flake Lady Had An E And Went Mad

I well remember sitting in the viewing theatre at J Walter Thompson where a bunch of us were watching a collection of the competition's latest commercials (JWT had the Rowntree's account) and this one came up. Cue sniggers from the cheaper seats—but they were all cheap seats. And an account...
  4. THA

Give me a day and I can send you/post here the complete list (may be coming sooner). Having suffered a flood, I understand your pain. Dreadful. EDIT— Bit less than a day, as it turned out. Here's the list, with FREE sneak preview. The story so far: article number followed by issue number—NB...
  5. THA

Credibility In Ufology: Fact Or Fiction?

My point in posting that quote was actually to demonstrate that the 'plasma' hypothesis doesn't work. (Rodney Ashby BTW applied the same argument to Meaden's desperate theorizing re: complex crop patterns. His website detailing this seems to have vanished.) A propos the alleged...
  6. THA

Credibility In Ufology: Fact Or Fiction?

A propos Meaden, plasma vortices and explaining one unknown with another, consider this: "Plasma vortices form in high-atmosphere aurorae because extremely low pressures there allow them to, and self-sustaining plasmas form only as part of a large weather system. Former MoD scientist Rodney...
  7. THA

The Ariel School UFO Encounter [Ruwa, Zimbabwe, 1994]

Ergghh. I can't remember what the African kids called the beings. If memory serves, the answer is in Cynthia Hind's account, which is online, and someone on this thread has posted the link. And if memory serves, they were the local equivalent of elves, pixies or leprechauns. A whole other set of...
  8. THA

Apparently no teachers, nor even the ?physiotherapist? manning (personing?) the tuck shop. I asked the question because according to C. Hind, the African kids didn't report 'aliens', while the white ones did. O well. So it goes.
  9. THA

Well, I would guess you and I are not alone in wanting to know what did they see. For sure they did not see ETs (I will bore you to death explaining why not, should you or even I world enough and time). I'll concede that somebody saw something, or said they did, and then that was socially—maybe...
  10. THA

To address a few points about the case raised here. 1) The kids at this private school were middle-class, aged between six and twelve. They included black African children, white ones with forebears from Britain and South Africa, Asians, and those of mixed race – a “cross-section of Zimbabwe”...
  11. THA

That Article about the Couple on the Farm & their Interactions with Fae Folk

You could try asking FT's faery correspondent Simon Young, c/o Dr David, Editor. Who if you're in luck may himself recall whereof you speak & supply an electronic copy. Shame, ain't it though, about the loss of the article archive on the FT website.
Back