• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. D

Modern-Day Ghosts

My Dad not only saw the ghost of an old work colleague from the 1970's, but the ghost also seemed to acknowledge him! Here's the original post from 2012: https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/old-work-colleague.49330/
  2. D

Old Work Colleague

Thanks for bumping this up! I’m amazed that it’s 11 years since I shared it!! I spoke to my Dad about this story again earlier today to see if his memory of the event had changed at all. It hasn’t. He shared it with me again pretty much how I shared it on here 11 years ago! He still insists that...
  3. D

Strangeness In Vehicles: Things Experienced While Driving (IHTM)

Many years ago I was part of a small group of men who did building contract work in London. We’d travel down from Yorkshire in a van on the Monday morning and return home on Friday evening. The Monday morning drive down was often tortuous as,frankly, none of us wanted to leave our young families...
  4. D

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

I vaguely remember, many years ago reading/seeing an interview with Lemmy where he shared an odd experience that he had after taking something that he probably shouldn’t have. I may have some of the detail wrong as it was years ago when I heard it, but the gist of it went something like this...
  5. D

Spooked On The Job: Your Haunted Workplaces

That’s a nice little tale. I think that you make a very valid point re tiredness playing tricks with you. Many years ago I worked in an insurance brokers (remember them?) and one evening I was alone in the shop cashing up. The door was locked and the other staff had left for the day. As I was...
  6. D

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

Two things me. One is fairly standard, the other not so. Firstly, flying scares me. A lot. Every time I get on a plane I’m absolutely convinced it’s going to crash. Secondly, a song scares me! On their first album Tears for Fears did a song called ‘The Prisoner’. I’ve not heard it for a very...
  7. D

Strangeness In The Wilderness: Got Any Stories?

Back in the early 80’s a friend and I were playing football (badly) for a very average team in Doncaster. We used to train every Tuesday and Thursday evening in a school gym. Most of the other lads lived close by to the school but my pal and I lived 3-4 miles away....however this reduced to 1-2...
  8. D

Time Or Dimensional Slips

There’s some fascinating tales on this subject! Thanks to everyone who’s contributed! Here’s a story that was shared with me by a work colleague who was doing some contracting work in London 4-5 years ago. Every Monday morning he would travel down to London from Leeds and arrive into Kings...
  9. D

Contact From Beyond The Grave? (IHTM)

Absolutely beautiful story. For me the explanation is quite straightforward. Your Granddaughters Mum wants to fulfil a promise she’s made to her....and she’s done it! In spirit world as in the physical world, she loves her Daughter. Wishing all of you the very best.
  10. D

Experiences With The Ouija Board (IHTM)

I may have this wrong, so please forgive me if it is. I’m sure that I heard/saw Danny Baker interviewed some years ago and he told a pretty hair raising story about playing with a Ouija Board with some friends as a youngster. As I remember it, a ‘spirit’ put in an appearance which excited the...
  11. D

Britain: Police State?

Apologies. I didn’t mean to turn this into a political debate. I just thought I’d share what I saw as part of the discussion. Whatever side of the political fence you’re on, it was a pretty horrible time for many people for a variety of different reasons.
  12. D

It’s still there, and still called Thomas’s! I’ve not been in there before but the memory of it still gives my father in law the creeps!!
  13. D

Yes Yes, that’s the pub!
  14. D

In the 1960’s my wife’s Father was landlord of a pub called ‘Thomas’s’ in York. On his first night there after locking up and alone in the pub he went down to the cellar for a few moments. On returning back to the bar area he noticed that all of the lamp and light shades that were hung up around...
  15. D

Britain: Police State?

Apologies if this subject has been covered before. During the UK Miners strike in the 1980’s I witnessed a number of incidents that have affected my view of the police ever since. I was around 14 years old and during the school holidays went to stay with my auntie and uncle in Yorkshire for a...
  16. D

Astral Projection

Only yesterday my wife’s cousin told us that he’d had an experience of astral projection some years ago. While asleep he woke with a start to discover he was floating a few feet above his bed and looking down at his wife. He thought he was dreaming and ‘decided to wake’ but he remained above the...
  17. D

Dreaming Of The Dead

An old friend of mine died suddenly last year at the very young age of 39 leaving behind a wife and 2 sons aged 5 & 2. Very, very sad. We all found it very difficult to come to terms with and it just didn't make sense that such vibrant energy could just disappear so suddenly. Some months later I...
  18. D

Memories Triggered By Music

A couple of years ago I was out driving when, on the radio, came the song 'Xanadu' by Olivia Newton John. After a few seconds I was completely overcome with emotion and had to pull over to the side of the road with tears streaming down my face. Hearing the song brought back a memory of being on...
  19. D

Things Nobody Knows—And Nobody Ever Will

From the world of entertainment; What did Les Dawson see in the dressing room of the Sunderland Empire that spooked him so much? What is the secret code to Diana Dors' missing millions?
  20. D

Oddness On The London Underground

Music related, in the late 60's my Aunt saw Paul McCartney travelling in the tube quite a few times, complete with huge bushy beard and looking very, very fed up. Also, I once read that The Clash would often give interviews on the Tube. They'd get tickets for the circle line and stay there all...
  21. D

Railway Lights

Poachers were my explanation too eburacum. However, aren’t train doors quite high up when you’re stood on the ground rather than a station platform? In which case the poacher would have to be very tall to shine a torch at the window? Unless of course they stood on the steps.
  22. D

Time Or Dimensional Slips

As a child my elder brother would regularly take out ‘true’ supernatural books from the library, the Usborne ones and such like. One of the ‘true stories’ in these books always gave me a shiver. It involved a young boy in the 1960’s sat in his living room at home watching TV. Suddenly, in the...
  23. D

Railway Lights

Escargot, all he said was that it was somewhere in Cambridgeshire but didn’t go into any specific detail. I don’t pretend to know much about the railways, but the protocol for red signals sounds extremely sensible! Glad you enjoyed the story!
  24. D

Railway Lights

I’m afraid not Yithian. I’d taken my Dad to a retirement doo for a guy who’d recently retired from the railway and this bloke was a friend of a friend of my Dads. It could have occurred any time between the mid 70’s to early 90’s at a guess?
  25. D

Railway Lights

Quite recently I was chatting to a chap who was a train driver back in the 70’s and 80’s. Rather than passenger trains, he predominantly drove freight trains and specifically coal trains. His job was to collect coal from pits in the North of England and take it down to ports in the South of...
  26. D

The Everlasting Mystery Of Teaspoons

Years ago my brother was doing some landscaping of a garden for a couple in Hull. As he was carrying out some clearing at the far corner of the garden he kept coming across pieces of broken brick but also pieces of crockery...and teaspoons!! He mentioned this to the couple and they told him that...
  27. D

Witnessing Death

There’s some wonderful stories here, thanks to everyone for sharing. When my Grandfather died a few years ago we were in the hospital with him as he drifted in and out of consciousness. Out of the blue he stretched his arms forward and moved them as if trying to grab something. My brother...
  28. D

My Strangest Experience

Wow! That’s a great story! Reminds me a little of something I heard on the radio 20 odd years ago. I think this is how it went, but the general gist of it is accurate. A bloke called in to say that he was once staying in an old hotel and one night he was sat in a chair watching TV in his...
  29. D

Stevie Wonder Is Not Blind

According to Keith Richards, when the Stones toured in the US with Stevie Wonder in the 70’s some of them were convinced he wasn’t blind. They’d watch him check into hotels and walk to his room seemingly without any issue. However, it seems that Stevie Wonder had been into so many Holiday Inn’s...
  30. D

Space/Time Malfunction?

Interesting tale, thanks for sharing. I had a slightly similar incident that I shared on the old site. A year or two back I was sat at my desk at home and daydreaming, just staring out of the window and into the garden. Suddenly everything in front of me in my line of sight ‘stretched’ and in...
  31. D

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

My Dad saw a ghost. In the early 80’s we were on holiday in a campsite in southern France. One night My Dad woke up in the middle of the night desperate for the toilet so he climbed out of bed, put his shorts on and went to walk to 100 meter or so to the toilet block. It was around 2:00am and...
  32. D

Fire In The Sky!

On a slightly different note from the other posts. When I was a young boy, probably around 6 years old, I’d gone into my parents bedroom early one morning to wake them up. Neither of them were having it so I pulled back the curtains to look out of the window and while away a bit of time. It was...
  33. D

Drunken Hallucinations

20 odd years ago I lived in West Yorkshire. In our local pub was a regular named Joe who was an old chap, easily into his late 70’s. He’d be in the pub most nights, but only on a Saturday evening would he ever get drunk...and every Saturday night he would see an Angel in his front garden on his...
  34. D

John Lennon's Last Recording Session

My mistake, I should have pointed out that it was the house he lived in with his first wife and not Tittenhurst Park. Kenwood I think it was called?
  35. D

Burtons Ghost?

This is a tale shared with me by the Father of a friend that might be interesting. Back in the early 70’s his best friend at the time called Jim joined the police force in Hull, East Yorkshire. One winters evening after he’d been in the job around 6 months, Jim and a Sergeant were patrolling...
  36. D

John Lennon's Last Recording Session

I vaguely recall some years ago an interview with the chap who lived in Lennons old house in Surrey at the time of his murder. Apparently on the day that it occurred there were a number of ‘strange goings on’ happening in the house, but infuriatingly I can’t remember what they were!
  37. D

Are All Psychics & Fortune Tellers Fakes?

Over the past 6 months I’ve seen 3 different psychic mediums. Out of curiosity more than anything else. 2 of them were quite frankly, utter charlatans and if I was more of a man, I should have refused payment. However the other one (who was the first one I saw) was very good. She got the names...
  38. D

The Writing's On The Wall!

As a bit of an aside to this story, around 10 years later my Dad was involved in the Miners strike of 84/85. Although he wasn't involved in the picketing or too much of the politics he was determined to see the strike out as he was concerned about the economic affect of pit closures. Anyway, as...
  39. D

The Writing's On The Wall!

Around 40 years ago my Dad was on a weekend trip to Ostend with a group of work mates. Late one evening after sampling the strong Belgian lager he sensibly decided that he'd had enough to drink and headed back to his hotel leaving his chums to drink themselves silly. As he was walking through...
  40. D

Toddlers Seeing Ghosts

Around 10 years ago, myself and my daughter (who was around 18 months to 2 years old) were laying on the bed at my mother in laws house as I was getting her to sleep. It was around 6pm and midwinter so was dark outside and there was only the two of us in the house. My daughter was in my arms and...
  41. D

Reincarnation? Recalling Past Lives (From Memory; In Dreams)

Hi Everyone, This didn't happen to me, rather its something that happened to the brother of a friend of mine. Last weekend myself and my wife visited a friend of mine for dinner whom we'd not seen for a number of years. In total there were 6 couples there (including his brother and his wife)...
  42. D

Angry Woman On Shortwave Radio (Early 1980s)

Back on the early 1980's I remember fiddling around with our family radio one Sunday evening. As I was going through the stations I picked up an American chap talking about how he'd just bought a ticket to see The Police at Shea Stadium! What made it even stranger was that it seemed like a one...
  43. D

Strange Dreams!

I've noticed that whenever I have a bad or unpleasant dream I 'see' it with a black border or edging. Similar to really old silent movies.
  44. D

Timeslip In My Mind?

Wow, thanks to everyone who's shared their thoughts on this topic. Some absolutely fascinating comments. I've never had an epileptic episode and I'm not aware of any history of it in my family. I do have a belief and a faith in God, although I don't follow any religion. My relationship with God...
  45. D

Timeslip In My Mind?

A quick check shows that 9th March 1986 was actually a Sunday so it couldn't have been exactly the same day. Though I certainly felt that it was during the experience. Although I could 'see' the experience my primary sense was of feeling that I was 12 again and that I was on my lunch break at...
  46. D

Timeslip In My Mind?

Thanks blessmycottonsocks. Your explanation sounds quite likely actually, thank you for sharing that. I must admit I've never come across cryptomnesia before but it sounds plausible based on what happened. The mind is a truly amazing thing.
  47. D

Timeslip In My Mind?

I did Birdy and it was 11:52. Although the 'experience' lasted no more than a second I did spend a couple of minutes afterwards wondering what the bloody hell had happened before I noticed the time again!
  48. D

Timeslip In My Mind?

Ha Ha!!! I'm afraid not, though it could well have been Rainbow at that time!
  49. D

Timeslip In My Mind?

Hi Everyone, A quite strange occurrence has literally happened to me this morning that has driven me to sign up to the forum and share with you. Whilst perhaps not as incredible as some posts, it's certainly had an effect on me. I'm currently sat at my desk at home working on a report for my...
Back