• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Richyboyo

Raccoons In Britain

Thanks Souleater!
  2. Richyboyo

Underground Birds

Thanks Amergin
  3. Richyboyo

Underground Birds

Do you mind if I share the link to this account on my Mystery Bird Reports Facebook group?
  4. Richyboyo

Raccoons In Britain

I wonder if anyone can tell me if they know of any stories of raccoons in Britain from the 19th and 20th Centuries? Thanks P.S Please can you include the source of your stories?
  5. Richyboyo

Ghost of A Titanic Construction Worker?

I can send you a copy of issue no 14 the current number in about 2 weeks as I am currently getting some copies printed at the printer,if you send me your address to [email protected] and send £3.99 to that same account email on pay pal,i`ll pop one in the post for you,all back...
  6. Richyboyo

A Plague Of Black Beetles In Israel [April 29th, 2019]

Yes there was one of locusts in Israel about 7 years ago
  7. Richyboyo

A Plague Of Black Beetles In Israel [April 29th, 2019]

Swarm of black beetles in Israel https://www.timesofisrael.com/beetles-invade-israel-but-ministry-says-to-let-them-be/
  8. Richyboyo

Thanks all for your replies ,I think on balance I can`t report this as a genuine ghost story in the next edition of my magazine about anomalies called `Flying Snake`
  9. Richyboyo

Thanks all,so do you think we have a bona fide mystery here or not?
  10. Richyboyo

I read a letter in the August 2012 issue of National Geographic magazine referring to an article in the April edition of the same magazine (which I haven`t yet seen) which stated that in the April issue there was a photo of several workers building the Titanic standing in a line (this would be...
  11. Richyboyo

Mermaid In Hong Kong

I can try.
  12. Richyboyo

Strange Kind Of Cat In Connecticut [Daily Herald: March 26th, 1839]

Hi Hi Frideswide, I have free access to a geneaology online archive called Geneaology Bank ( c.1695 - 2018 A.D.) thanks to Kay an American Fortean friend of mine. Although I am living in England myself,many of the stories have been put in my magazine `Flying Snake`. I just type in a phrase like...
  13. Richyboyo

Mermaid In Hong Kong

Boston Journal Sept 28 1912
  14. Richyboyo

Mermaid In Hong Kong

THANKS!
  15. Richyboyo

Mermaid In Hong Kong

I found this old story in an American newspaper Plain Dealer Jan 20th 1860
  16. Richyboyo

Back Numbers For Sale

Thanks Rob, I am not at home right now but before 7pm today I will send you the amount of money via pay pal(£17 ish if I recall I will look again at your message) but I want to make absolutely sure I don`t already have the issues I asked for so there MIGHT be a SMALL alteration to exactly which...
  17. Richyboyo

Back Numbers For Sale

I am interested in issue numbers 174-185 inclusive if you could let me know that price please?
  18. Richyboyo

Back Numbers For Sale

I am interested ,I`ll tell you here which issues I am interested in. Or if by any chance you are going to Weird Weekend North I am there on the Saturday April 6th I can pay you there and then?
  19. Richyboyo

Back Numbers For Sale

That`s interesting,I`m not too bothered about the condition as long as they`re readable.Please can you tell me more?
  20. Richyboyo

Back Numbers For Sale

OK well thanks anyway, I hope you are able to find a buyer.
  21. Richyboyo

Back Numbers For Sale

Let me get back to you by tomorrow (Friday) evening to have a think about it if that is Ok with you I have a budget of c. £20-£25, let me see which of the issues you are offering I don`t already have.
  22. Richyboyo

Back Numbers For Sale

Would you be willing to sell some or all of them to me in the UK?
  23. Richyboyo

South East England Mystery Mustelid

Thanks Maximus otter, a very good book is The Smaller Mystery Carnivores of the Westcountry by Jonathan Downes
  24. Richyboyo

I also report in the next issue of my own magazine `Flying Snake` a story from the 1980s of a road killed pine marten near Warrington,Cheshire,of all places which I found on the Pigeon Watch (online) Forum
  25. Richyboyo

Whilst browsing through the British Newspaper Archive a few months ago I came across a story of a Mrs Paddick ( a pseudonym) who in the 1940s wrote a newspaper column for a W.Sussex newspaper. in one column she mentions the "kame" or "cane" or "kime" like a weasel or stoat without the black tip...
  26. Richyboyo

Platypus In New Guinea

Thanks EnolaGaia. Do you think "Beaver Ducks" then were ALWAYS non-cryptozoological or are there any authentic cases of N.American platypus-cryptids?
  27. Richyboyo

Platypus In New Guinea

Is it generally known in cryptozoology circles that the platypus may once have existed in Papua New Guinea? See here. Sorry about the poor quality,this is a small part of a much longer article,from the Morning Oregonian of March 24 1933
  28. Richyboyo

FT Back Issues On Offer

Hi so sorry for the late reply, I only logged on tonight after a few weeks.Yes I can provide you with any issues 1 - 13 (issue 14 due out December)however each issue is £3.99 or £12 for three issues, the printer takes about 7 days to produce hard copies but most issues are available for free on...
  29. Richyboyo

Best Book On Roswell?

Thanks I`ll look for this book
  30. Richyboyo

Best Book On Roswell?

Please can somebody advise me as to the best book on the whole Roswell saga published between 2008 and now,2018?
  31. Richyboyo

Mysterious Creatures: A Guide To Cryptozoology By Eberhart (First Edition) For Sale!

Hi I am selling the 2 volumes of the first edition of Mysterious Creatures by G.Eberhart for sale on ebay.co.uk for £40 each, total of £80, I`ll pay postage within U.K.For outside the U.K. we can come to an arrangement on contributing to postal costs. Please email me at [email protected]...
  32. Richyboyo

Fortean Times January 2017 Wanted

Ah well never mind,thanks for looking. If you are ever down near Manchester Airport there is a bookshop near by called Sharston Books, they have a huge paperback book collection on esoteric subjects and a few old Fortean Times.
  33. Richyboyo

Seriously? That`s very kind of you.My address is 112 High St,Macclesfield, SK11 7QQ.Can I send you something in return,like a free copy of my own mainly cryptozoology magazine? Or a photocopy of something you might be interested in as I have a large collection of books,etc on cryptozoology and...
  34. Richyboyo

Thanks I have no money til June 5th to buy it tho`
  35. Richyboyo

Strange Places For Sea-Horses

This is not exactly about a water monster,in fact it`s nothing to do with a "monster",I just couldn`t think of the best category to put it in,but about 7 or 8 years ago the Centre for Fortean Zoology Yearbook (UK) published my essay about the sea horses of Lake Titicaca in Bolivia, and a few...
  36. Richyboyo

How much money do you want for it?
  37. Richyboyo

Hi y`all Please can anyone let me know if they have Jan 2017 Fortean Times for sale as I can`t find it for sale anywhere on the Net.
  38. Richyboyo

Back Numbers For Sale

Hi John do you still have any FT for sale?
  39. Richyboyo

Circle Of Cats Surround Rabbit

I think cats circling cats is quite well reported in the Fortean literature,but cats surrounding rabbits etc is much more odd
  40. Richyboyo

Always a first (and last?) time for everything
  41. Richyboyo

Monster Spider In Basildon 1977

Thanks very much for this
  42. Richyboyo

Monster Spider In Basildon 1977

Has Fortean Times ever covered this story? This version was in the Seattle Daily Times of October 21st 1977
  43. Richyboyo

Hi all here is an interesting old American news story I found of a circle of cats surrounding a rabbit. I found it in the Cleveland Gazette of NOVEMBER 16TH 1918
  44. Richyboyo

Chupacabra In Texas 1950?

Hi all you good people, I will inform Jon Downes of the CFZ UK (who asked me to look into this) of your replies
Back