• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Richyboyo

Raccoons In Britain

I wonder if anyone can tell me if they know of any stories of raccoons in Britain from the 19th and 20th Centuries? Thanks P.S Please can you include the source of your stories?
  2. Richyboyo

A Plague Of Black Beetles In Israel [April 29th, 2019]

Swarm of black beetles in Israel https://www.timesofisrael.com/beetles-invade-israel-but-ministry-says-to-let-them-be/
  3. Richyboyo

Ghost of A Titanic Construction Worker?

I read a letter in the August 2012 issue of National Geographic magazine referring to an article in the April edition of the same magazine (which I haven`t yet seen) which stated that in the April issue there was a photo of several workers building the Titanic standing in a line (this would be...
  4. Richyboyo

Mermaid In Hong Kong

I found this old story in an American newspaper Plain Dealer Jan 20th 1860
  5. Richyboyo

South East England Mystery Mustelid

Whilst browsing through the British Newspaper Archive a few months ago I came across a story of a Mrs Paddick ( a pseudonym) who in the 1940s wrote a newspaper column for a W.Sussex newspaper. in one column she mentions the "kame" or "cane" or "kime" like a weasel or stoat without the black tip...
  6. Richyboyo

Platypus In New Guinea

Is it generally known in cryptozoology circles that the platypus may once have existed in Papua New Guinea? See here. Sorry about the poor quality,this is a small part of a much longer article,from the Morning Oregonian of March 24 1933
  7. Richyboyo

Best Book On Roswell?

Please can somebody advise me as to the best book on the whole Roswell saga published between 2008 and now,2018?
  8. Richyboyo

Mysterious Creatures: A Guide To Cryptozoology By Eberhart (First Edition) For Sale!

Hi I am selling the 2 volumes of the first edition of Mysterious Creatures by G.Eberhart for sale on ebay.co.uk for £40 each, total of £80, I`ll pay postage within U.K.For outside the U.K. we can come to an arrangement on contributing to postal costs. Please email me at [email protected]...
  9. Richyboyo

Strange Places For Sea-Horses

This is not exactly about a water monster,in fact it`s nothing to do with a "monster",I just couldn`t think of the best category to put it in,but about 7 or 8 years ago the Centre for Fortean Zoology Yearbook (UK) published my essay about the sea horses of Lake Titicaca in Bolivia, and a few...
  10. Richyboyo

Fortean Times January 2017 Wanted

Hi y`all Please can anyone let me know if they have Jan 2017 Fortean Times for sale as I can`t find it for sale anywhere on the Net.
  11. Richyboyo

Monster Spider In Basildon 1977

Has Fortean Times ever covered this story? This version was in the Seattle Daily Times of October 21st 1977
  12. Richyboyo

Circle Of Cats Surround Rabbit

Hi all here is an interesting old American news story I found of a circle of cats surrounding a rabbit. I found it in the Cleveland Gazette of NOVEMBER 16TH 1918
  13. Richyboyo

Chupacabra In Texas 1950?

I wonder if anyone can throw any light on this photo—as in exactly where and when it was 1st published? It was some time in 1950 Chupacabra or What - Is It? If you know, you might tell Charles Hudson of Dallas, Tex. His coon dogs ran the strange creature down and killed it before he could...
  14. Richyboyo

Another Weird Toad Story

A few days ago I posted a story of a weird "toad" in Derbyshire in the 1600s. Here is another toad(?) in the territory of the Osage Nation (the Great Plains.) Btw the new Animals and Men magazine (CFZ Devon) feature the "toad" of 1677.Identity of this one below anyone?Aurora General Advertiser...
  15. Richyboyo

Weird Bird

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=661786204020973&set=p.661786204020973&type=3 The Bourbon news., July 21, 1922,
  16. Richyboyo

Ulrich Magin on Tame Dragons

Ulrich Magin sent me this e-mail on February 17th 2017 which I am including in # 12 of my magazine Flying Snake: TAME DRAGON “In the “King`s Mirror”, a Norwegian book of the 13th century which lists all knowledge of the world (including a synopsis of the Old Testament), there is a...
  17. Richyboyo

Mystery "Toad-Lizard" in 17th Century Derbyshire

I came across the story which can be found via this link of a weird "toad-like" critter at Devil`s Arse (sic) caves in Derbyshire, as written about by the 17th Century Royalist pamphleteer Sir Roger L`Estrange...
  18. Richyboyo

Blue Mystery Cat or Arctic fox?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213563173978078&set=gm.1912011825718361&type=3
  19. Richyboyo

A Talking Egg In Burma

I found this story below in the Evening Chronicle/Virginia News of July 31st 1899 about a talking egg. `A Tale From the Mysterious East.` The last wonderful tale being told among the Burmese in Rangoon is concerning a monster egg. A few months ago near Shwebo the villagers heard a strange...
Back