• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Cherrybomb

People You Thought Were Dead

I could have sworn that Liza minnelli passed away in 2020. But, no, shes still going.
  2. Cherrybomb

The Wicker Man

Absolutely loved it!
  3. Cherrybomb

The Wicker Man

Has anyone else been to the "sing-a-long"? I'm going on Saturday!
  4. Cherrybomb

Strange Crimes

A bit more info here - https://unidentified-awareness.fandom.com/wiki/Fred_the_Head Its a real rabbit hole :eek:
  5. Cherrybomb

Strange Crimes

A strange case from the midlands UK https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-mysterious-case-of-fred-the-head/id1557099549
  6. Cherrybomb

The Wicker Man

Fab! Enjoy :D
  7. Cherrybomb

The Wicker Man

Not sure who else is in the midlands, but this might be of interest to some https://www.electricbirmingham.com/films/details/77001ASPJSLCRLJQBKRKTCGKTBJSMBSHC My tickets are booked - I cant wait :chuckle:
  8. Cherrybomb

Strange Coincidences?

Maybe the cyclist had a run in with a pterodactyl
  9. Cherrybomb

Local & Dialect Words

Wood lice were known as "Bakers" in South West Cornwall - I think because they were often found in bags of flour, but i might be wrong.
  10. Cherrybomb

Strange Coincidences?

A little coincidence - A few years ago I started following a person on Instagram, they did some modelling and I liked their style. After a few months she decided to move across country to live in my hometown. Ah! That's funny, I thought. Skip forward a couple of years and I realised she had...
  11. Cherrybomb

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I had a dream about boxes and boxes of cereal o_O
  12. Cherrybomb

Yeh, I dare say.
  13. Cherrybomb

Last night I had a very vivid dream about my school bully. Its left me feeling a bit shaken this morning. I wonder if she ever dreams of me?
  14. Cherrybomb

Farewell To Enola Gaia

A very sad loss
  15. Cherrybomb

Michael Jackson Is Diana Ross' Son?

This is one that really fascinates me, and I cant decide if i believe it or not :hahazebs:
  16. Cherrybomb

Her Legs Were Insured For One Million Dollars

Jeff Beck, whose death was reported earlier today, insured his hands. https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/jeff-becks-bizarre-dollar10-million-insurance-policy-explained/ar-AA16f0xn
  17. Cherrybomb

Fortean Headlines

‘Incredible’ fireball lights up night sky sparking flood of reports https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/incredible-fireball-lights-up-night-sky-sparking-flood-of-reports/ar-AA11QDtO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=14d264b765aa4469acd096d01f155f77
  18. Cherrybomb

Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast)

Does anyone else find the repeated playing of the theme tune lyric "I know what I saw", irritating?
  19. Cherrybomb

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

What an interesting thread :D
  20. Cherrybomb

FT412

What's happened to mythconceptions? Its been missing for a few issues now
  21. Cherrybomb

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Sounds like my dad, too o_O
  22. Cherrybomb

UFOs & Related Things Seen In Google Maps / Earth / Street View

It was updated and the silver man is no longer there
  23. Cherrybomb

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

I hated the moving backgrounds and his stutter o_O Although, that Max Headroom signal hijacking doesnt have the same effect on me :chuckle:
  24. Cherrybomb

Did anyone else find Max Headroom scary? As a kid I hated him, and tbh, I still do. Brrrr.
  25. Cherrybomb

This intro still makes my blood run cold o_O
  26. Cherrybomb

The Tape World Monster Mystery

I hope its ok to post this here, I thought it was rather interesting :) On Reddit, a person posted an image of a mascot/character that they had found in an old stock room at a now defunct music store. They can't find what the character was from and its become a rather intriguing internet mystery.
  27. Cherrybomb

Pathological Or Compulsive Lying

Does compulsive lying come from an inferiority complex? Or is it something else? I've known a few compulsive liars and I always wonder what they get out of it.
  28. Cherrybomb

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Follow up on my seeing smoke - its rather an anti climax, but based on the advice of some of you lovely people, I had an eye test and its the start of a cataract. Boring and sadly not Fortean, but thanks for the advice!
  29. Cherrybomb

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

A little oddness. Since my father passed away, earlier in the year, I've experienced this three times - I see a large puff of smoke out of the corner of my eye. As soon as i turn my head to look at it its gone, no smoke, no smell, nothing there. I mentioned my fathers passing because he was a...
  30. Cherrybomb

FT400

I wish the IHTM section was that large every month :hahazebs:
  31. Cherrybomb

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

My mobile phone rang 4 or 5 times, by the time i got to it (it was in another room) it had stopped ringing. I checked to see who had called, no one.No call or text or anything. It had just been ringing on its own. No one else was home at the time, did i imagine it or did it just decide to ring...
  32. Cherrybomb

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

A nice little coincidence from the cosmic joker. I'm currently arranging my fathers funeral, and I spoke to the lady who will be the funeral celebrant. Her name is Vorriey. I asked her about her name as I'd never heard it before and thought it rather lovely. She explained its a Manx name. Later...
  33. Cherrybomb

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

I'm having very vivid dreams at the moment (and I'm rather glad its not just me!) My father passed away on Thursday morning, on Wednesday night I dreamt of an old man walking into a forest and disappearing. I dont know it thats a sign from my father, or just another vivid Corona dream.
  34. Cherrybomb

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Very creepy! I agree that he might well have been a poacher.
  35. Cherrybomb

Digging Up Threads Of Fortean Excellence!

Sure :) The letter was titled "Dwarf with attitude" and was from a geology teacher called Jacqueline Riler, from Birmingham Uni. On 9th March 2011 she took a class of students to a local quarry (which isnt named), they spot a "strange looking individual... 4ft to 4ft 6inches tall, covered in...
  36. Cherrybomb

Finding this story was driving me a bit mad, so I went through all my old back copies of FT to see if it was a letter rather than a thread. It was a letter. For anyone interested it was in FT283 in IHTM.
  37. Cherrybomb

Does anyone remember a thread (of was it a letter sent into FT?), in which a uni professor claimed to have taken some students to a quarry to look for fossils. The group see a small, strange creature and a flash of bright light which gave them all terrible headaches, and, iirc, lead to one of...
  38. Cherrybomb

Thank you for reminding me of some of those older threads. There's some real oddness in them, thar hills. One of my favourites from long ago, was the interdimensional gas station. Oh, also the ventriloquist dummy and his bottle of milk (i think it was called?) scary stuff.
  39. Cherrybomb

Health Urban Myths

A slice of onion pressed against the sole of the foot cures all.
  40. Cherrybomb

An 'Irrational' Fear

I'm so scared of spiders, its almost debilitating. I found one on a towel, the other day, it was about the size of a penny (including legs) and i almost fainted. I sat in another room sobbing at the thought of it doing its spidery things on my towel. After about an hour, and a lot of texts to...
  41. Cherrybomb

Nightmares

Not a nightmare, but recently I've had dreams that all my dreams come true. I then wake up and that feels like the nightmare, not that my life is particularly bad, but after such amazing dreams its a bit of a come down :(
  42. Cherrybomb

Nightmares

I get them at least once a week, I used to have a recurring nightmare that i could hear a crying baby but couldnt find it. Now, they tend to be more abstract :(
  43. Cherrybomb

People You Thought Were Dead

Betty White. I thought she died last year. She didnt.
  44. Cherrybomb

Have You Got A Double?

I used to see a woman who looked a hell of a lot like me, she must have worked near my old place of work as I'd only see her in that area and I've not seen her since leaving that job. The odd thing was we'd always state at each other because, she obviously saw the similarity too
  45. Cherrybomb

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

Oh thats a great thread, I'd forgotten about. That's my Sunday afternoon read sorted :)
  46. Cherrybomb

New-House Oddness

Enola I'll check and let you know :-) Scribbles - Sounds good! Sorry if my post is a bit vague and silly :glum:
  47. Cherrybomb

New-House Oddness

I'll take some snaps next time I find some water. The numbers have been showing up on clocks, on a phone number that called me several times, and on a bill. The house is new to us, its about 50 years old, build on a former air field. The picture is in an upstairs bedroom - basically the...
  48. Cherrybomb

New-House Oddness

Hello all! Myself and Mr. Cherrybomb recently moved home, and since the move I keep seeing the numbers 1234 and finding drops & small puddles of water in odd places. Today I found some water in the middle of our living room floor and some drops on a framed picture that is on a shelf. Theres no...
  49. Cherrybomb

Think You May Have Dreamt The Future?

Last night I had a dream where I kept hearing the words "Will we ever find out who killed President Trump?!" :dunno:
Back