• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. shellac7

'Earworms' & Stuck-Tune Syndrome

Cool Hand Luke: Written By Lallo Schiffrin Ed Rush and George Cromarty in 1957
  2. shellac7

Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) Art

I like those. What did you feed in?
  3. shellac7

Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) Art

Mods, please feel free to move/remove as you see fit. I thought I'd have a go at employing A.I to make me some interesting images using DALL.E : https://labs.openai.com/ You are limited to a set amount of 'interactions' per month. I used my allowance up pretty quickly last night. I'd urge you to...
  4. shellac7

Belgium

Jacky Ickx
  5. shellac7

Ultra-Localised Rain

Does this all the time in Bermuda. My Father lived there for a long time. When he first moved there, a phone conversation about the weather contained: "Does rain a bit" "What do you do there when it does?" "Cross the road"
  6. shellac7

18th Century Alien: The Copper Man Of Portsmouth

As a side note Whale Island was home to a strange zoo. A friend of mine often has band practices in the old lion cage, now located in a friends garden. Sorry, back on with the thread.
  7. shellac7

18th Century Alien: The Copper Man Of Portsmouth

I've lived on and near the Island City of Portsmouth for more than 50 years. Never once heard of this tale before.
  8. shellac7

Camouflage

Find The Owl ! You'll Kick Yourself!
  9. shellac7

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Agreed, I did exactly the same.
  10. shellac7

Blade Runner & Blade Runner 2049

Not seen this before. I'm glad I found it. Gives some insight into how the original city street scenes were supposed to feel. Hope it's not a repost, and you enjoy. "
  11. shellac7

Fareham UFO'S ?

The Portsmouth sighting was de-bunked as a hoax. I posted the link up last night after combing the web to see if anyone else had seen what I saw. Hey, the U just stands for unidentified. I remain Fortean as to what they might have been. Just right now I really couldn't say myself.
  12. shellac7

Fareham UFO'S ?

First of all, I should have typed 3,000m. I'm judging that from the horizon and mentally superimposing the view of the Pyrenees from a friends back garden in Gers. So, not accurate. Matt black, and as for size?? Smaller than a modern fighter aircraft. More like the Gnats that the Red Arrows...
  13. shellac7

Portsmouth UFO?

Solved-Hoax http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/creato ... -1-6315331
  14. shellac7

Fareham UFO'S ?

https://goo.gl/maps/49vOP Fareham, Hampsire
  15. shellac7

Fareham UFO'S ?

Just stepped out into my back garden to see the strangest thing. 24/9/2014 19:30 Three black disks flying at I'm guessing 3000 feet, flying North to South. Silent and not extremely quick. The last one was kind of 'waggling' and looking occasionally unstable. Ran indoors to get my phone to...
  16. shellac7

Underwater Bells

The Bosham Bell http://www.boshamtower.org.uk/page7.htm
  17. shellac7

Sausages: The Talking Dog Featured On 'That's Life'

The Stuffed White Persian Cat From 'That's Life' Not so funny (for me anyway) as when I saw it broadcast, I must have been 8 or so though. http://youtu.be/qnTmvQNWqX8
  18. shellac7

Syria: Massacres, False Flags, Backroom Diplomacy & Endtimers

Lionel Messi accused of sending signals to Syria rebels http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/03/ ... ia-rebels/ Lionel Messi may have become Barcelona’s highest-ever scorer last night, and surely nothing can stop the Argentinian, but he can even send secret signals to Syrian rebels from the...
  19. shellac7

'Earworms' & Stuck-Tune Syndrome

The Lana Del Rey one has got me too. Nicely arranged recording, with a touch of sinister to it. Sounds a bit like Belinda Carlisle sings Portishead. Checked out some of her other stuff, and this would seem a bit of a one off.
  20. shellac7

Mysterious 60m Diameter Disc Discovered On Baltic Seabed

Here's one I made earlier. Chris' Panther Plus ROV by Mouldycod, on Flickr Much earlier actually (easiest picture to grab), but I'm still working for Saab Seaeye. We'd have no problems building something down there to take a proper look
  21. shellac7

V Signs & Gunshots At Florida School Board Meeting

Not blanks, watch as he shoots the floor on the video here- http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/ ... algaryHome So I guess it's believable that he killed himself at the close of this incident.
  22. shellac7

Wymering Manor

Just down the road from me this is. I agree it should become FT headquarters :D
  23. shellac7

Swallowed Up By The Ground: Sinkholes!

Crews probe Guatemala sinkhole as neighbors flee GUATEMALA CITY — A cavernous and almost perfectly round sinkhole swallowed an entire intersection in Guatemala City during a tropical storm, spooking people in the neighborhood but exciting geologists. The hole is 66 feet (20 meters) across and...
  24. shellac7

Odd Re-namings

Isambard Kingdom Brunel was born in Portsmouth. Keep it Wurzel.
  25. shellac7

Another strange child story.

Thanks for sharing this. As a sufferer of brain injury myself (allhough I'm considered to have recovered pretty much all my lost function) I find this really interesting. Certain "spooky" things happened to me when i was in hospital. I have come to realise i was running on what I call a "basic...
  26. shellac7

Another strange child story.

Thanks for sharing this. As a sufferer of brain injury myself (allhough I'm considered to have recovered pretty much all my lost function) I find this really interesting. Certain "spooky" things happened to me when i was in hospital. I have come to realise i was running on what I call a "basic...
  27. shellac7

American 'flagwaving' in films

50% of the locals i met in Boston this year claimed to be Irish,perhaps a few of them need a reminder :wink:
  28. shellac7

Jazz Singer Temporarily Disappears (Madeleine Peyroux)

I think thats pretty much the deal here. Minor label gets big deal with Universal forcing her to do gruelling promotional work which she doesnt seem equipped for.So they fill in the gaps when she "dissapears" by making up a bit of a detective story.The media jump on that sort of thing.
  29. shellac7

Paisley Patterns: The Mark Of The Devil

I'm wondering now if i may possibly go to hell for eating goats cheese?Its either that or the "Hail Satan" tattoo i suppose?
  30. shellac7

Christmas Ornament

"even his name is a killing word" sounds a bit like "Dune" 8) Dont be pointing the finger too often now will you?
  31. shellac7

Photograph

Funny that,didnt really see anything so i had a digital zoom in,and theres a distinct pair o' legs on a slouching figure.Quite creepy really 8)
  32. shellac7

Odd Musical Instruments

If anyone fancies a gander at some odd musical instruments,i would recommend the Horniman Collection in London :wink:
  33. shellac7

How long will this last?!

Mr Noseybonk i believe,from bbc cihldrens tv programme of the '80s, Jigsaw?
  34. shellac7

The Shaming Room

There is a word (that I can't recall and am not about to Google) that refers to underage girls selling favours to older salarymen that is sufficently mainstream that a movie was made about it (my faulty memory suggests that it was called Kogals or something similar). Dont know the specific...
  35. shellac7

Freakishly Small Dog

This brings back a memory of something i was told about that appeared on antiques roadshow,my friend saw a program in which it was brought in,there where newspaper cuttings from when it was alive,as it was a bit of a celebrity,,,apparently.Tiny dog abot 4 inches in length that lived for quite a...
  36. shellac7

Ian Curtis & Joy Division

Isnt he a bit too handsome? i always thought Ian Curtis looked a bit like a dancing fish?
  37. shellac7

Ian Curtis & Joy Division

im just about to borrow a book written about ian curtis by his wife,had a glance through it and the mate who is lending it to me gave me a brief rundown.It seems Ian Curtis ' epillepsy was worsening ,this and many other things depressed him to the point where he killed himself
  38. shellac7

Aeon Flux

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone human has legs like her:confused:
  39. shellac7

Banksy: From 'Civil Sculptor' To Dismaland & Beyond

You really should have a look at his website,i think he's a funny guy.Dont just go condemning him because he's political:) http://www.banksy.co.uk
  40. shellac7

pentagon attack-plane or truck?

Nope, definately no confusion in my mind either, I remember the BBC reporting a bomb in a lorry outside the Pentagon. Doesnt of course mean they got their facts right,but is always struck me as odd that they could have confused the event in this way. And the comparative lack of clear footage...
  41. shellac7

Weird Personal Names

I used to work for a charity,and within my job was the bagging and labelling of the quarterly magazine. The name that always amused everyone was........ Zoltan Bonzonky Always used to wonder if he'd changed it to that
  42. shellac7

The Nameless Thing Of Berkeley Square

would the two sailor story be from the house in Berkley Square?(sp?). I'm sure i have some very dubious info on it in a book around here,i'll try to dig it out
  43. shellac7

My House Is Haunted (Well, Probably Not, But Who Knows?)

and i'll be very interested to hear what the little guy says.. Does your GF still get spoked by thee presence?
Back