• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Stringtheory

Star Wars

Depends on the draft I believe. There was indeed a Luke Starkiller, but also at one point an Anakin Starkiller. Same person though, the young potential savior. There was also a General Skywalker, who was more the wizened older warrior/mentor Obi Wan type.
  2. Stringtheory

Star Wars

The d23 footage from this past weekend has been officially released!
  3. Stringtheory

"Storm Area 51" (Campaign To 'Raid' Area 51: Sept. 20, 2019)

Saw a few people call this Buring Man for Incels. Got a chuckle out of me.
  4. Stringtheory

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

If anyone happens to use the free streaming app Pluto TV, they've recently added a classic Dr. Who channel. So all classic episodes, streaming 24 hours a day. With commercials of course, but it's no worse than any regular television channel would be. Watching "The Sun Makers" right now in fact.
  5. Stringtheory

Stranger Things

Sooo... who's watching? Any other yanks besides myself who can identify with what it was like in the 70's/80's/90's when a huge mall opened in a town and completely changed the landscape of daily life? Intresting to see that as part of the Hawkins backdrop this season. Definitely a familar scene...
  6. Stringtheory

Tales Of A Flat Earth

"Mad" Mike Hughes flight has been postponed. I'm having a hard time discerning if that's a good or bad thing. https://www.livescience.com/61026-flat-earther-rocket-delay.html
  7. Stringtheory

Stranger Things

I quite enjoyed season 2. I'll wait for more people to catch up before I say more. But to use an analogy grounded in the 1980's, season 2 is definitely the series "Empire Strikes Back."
  8. Stringtheory

Captain Planet

I certainly remember the 90's cartoon. Very slim chance I'd watch a movie though. Though nostalgia gets the best of me sometimes, so you never know.
  9. Stringtheory

American Paranormal Beliefs

One thing the article seems to not touch on is regional paraormal beliefs in the U.S. I understand this article is speaking about the most widespread beliefs. But for instance Bigfoot is more regarded in the Pacific Northwest. Some 3000 miles from the Pine Barrons in NJ, where people believe...
  10. Stringtheory

Star Wars

True enough. Though SW is no stranger to personified cute furry or fuzzy creatures. Lucas was quite shrewd where marketing and licensing were concerned. That said, if they make Porg slippers, I'm buying them.
  11. Stringtheory

Star Trek

Ironically I began watching ST Discovery and The Orville the same week. The juxtaposition is interesting to say the least. I almost feel both could be improved if they melded the two shows together.
  12. Stringtheory

Why Do UFOs Have Lights?

Believe me I derive no pleasure from suggesting petitio principii. Which is why I specified "almost." That said circular arguments become unavoidable when we know as fact that terrestrial craft account for a portion of misidentifications. Of course that's not to say this explains the entire...
  13. Stringtheory

Why Do UFOs Have Lights?

Almost begs the question if we could produce craft such as the SR-71 half a century ago, what are we producing now? And how does that play into the theme of this thread?
  14. Stringtheory

Solar Eclipse: A Chance to Glimpse Lizardman & Bigfoot?

Clearly that warning is flawed. There are no such creatures as lizard men in the Carolinas. Just another crypotozoology myth exploited by a mischievous teenager for the purpose of attention. If one wishes to see lizard men they need to travel to New Mexico.
Back