• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

If you have an old version of Google Earth, you can get down on top of the object and really see some detail. When the newer versions of GE came out, and users downloaded/installed it onto thier computers, the install wiped the older version(s) and now the treetop eye view is no longer...
  2. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

Compare the most recent "discovery" against the real L10E in the Orona lagoon.
  3. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

Google Earth measures the Orona object nose (A) to tail (B) as 52 feet. Correcting for the refractive index of water 52/1.33= 39 feet; the same as the L10E aircraft. Google Earth doesn't have a good image of the Gardner island coconut log.
  4. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

No need to speculate about the length of the object(s). Google Earth allows one to measure this object accurately. Or go to the location noted in my post 167 and measure. Recall your high school physics concerning refraction and virtual images.
  5. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

Geez, just a piece of cheese. Who'd a thought. Enough said.
  6. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

Maximus Otter said "People have long searched for any sign of the Electra in a huge swath of the Pacific Ocean....." I consider this image a "sign of the Electra". Does anyone else think so?
  7. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

A picture that's smudged is exactly what is expected of an aircraft underwater for 80+ years and covered with sand, algae, and all sorts of marine growth. I can be positive about the major components of the airframe because the Google Earth measurements match that of the missing L10E aircraft...
  8. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

A photo I had never seen. Thanks Swifty. While I'm here..... I'll post these images. My idea still on a back burner.
  9. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

I lobbied the Nautilus expedition via a third party and social media to take a look at Orona. My contact says that the idea was mentioned in early planning but never was included in any expedition operations. Very low chance that it will be included. I remain hopeful. The Nautilus has been at...
  10. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

Bilimon's was one of many Marshallese who stated that Amelia and Fred were in the Marshall Islands in July 1937. I worked on Kajalein, M. I. In 1987 and the Islanders related the same story as their parents who had told investigators in the 1960s about Amelia and Fred being there on Jaluit...
  11. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

I think the slight man with the white headband, looking directly at the camera, is Bilimon Amaram. Bilimon's oral history, recorded decades ago, says he helped a doctor to fix Fred Noonan's leg.
  12. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

The Orona Saipan theory at http://aquariusradar.com/OronaSaipanTheory.html speculates a connection between the Orona crash image of post 141 and the attached debunked Jaluit dock photo. The dock photo supposedly debunked by a Japanese blogger who found the photo in a 1935 travelogue in the...
  13. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

This is the exacting location of the plane. S 4º 29' 55" (S 4.4986º) W 172º 09' 27" (W 172.1575º). Turn off street view in the GE preferences as the "eye altitude" must be below 250 ft to get the view depicted in the image. Use the history tool to select the 2006 image. Why the aircraft does not...
  14. Tom Maxwell

Amelia Earhart

Is this Amelia Earhart's plane?
Back