• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. iwant2believe2

Ageing & Growing Old

I would ask you to define 'non-real', S-D but I may be leading the topic astray in doing so. :)
  2. iwant2believe2

Best 'Unknown' Ghost Photograph

Great analysis, folks. I hope you enjoyed the little mystery. "ghunt:
  3. iwant2believe2

The Doomsday / Apocalypse Thread

Not a serial killer if that's what you are thinking. I was trying to help them, not torture them.I felt pity for them. I was, more than anything, a compassionate child. :)
  4. iwant2believe2

Ageing & Growing Old

It's also been reasoned that which does not change can not be real. Aristotle, I think. That is to say that matter remains only a potentiality until form gives it an actuality (existence). In other words, only the form that comes into being (change) exists. Now I sound crazy!
  5. iwant2believe2

Best 'Unknown' Ghost Photograph

Years ago, I had an opportunity to go ghost hunting at a site in rural Kentucky. The site included a historic grist mill, saw mill, blacksmith cabin and partially torn down workers' house that had originally been the grist mill owner's personal home until he moved his family further away from...
  6. iwant2believe2

When I was little I operated a cockroach and lizard hospital in an old box. I would attempt to reattach lizard tails and roach legs with tape and/or glue. Yes, I had toys but I had an even greater imagination. lol
  7. iwant2believe2

Ageing & Growing Old

Maybe someday. The experience would be quite hard to put into words as some things have no comparison in the 'real' world. But I will add that I have seen things since that experience. Real or not, I don't know. I don't often speak of it because I have no desire to convince anyone...and don't...
  8. iwant2believe2

Ageing & Growing Old

Haunt? That's the spirit! Corny pun intended. Glad to hear you are recovering well. May you continue to do so. I lost a lung to an infection several years ago. Had emergency surgery in a last ditch effort to save my life, 'died' in recovery and was revived...remained in a coma for a few days and...
  9. iwant2believe2

Ageing & Growing Old

Ah, damn, S-D...I have a terrible problem with the concept with finality and time. I struggle to accept it. I wonder if its not some mental affliction. As the young people like to say, it 'triggers' me. Your words are a poisoned arrow!
  10. iwant2believe2

Do you ever wonder if the Earth functions as a sentient organism that is developing defenses against us? For example, a tree (which one might reason is but an extension of the earth itself) when endangered will send out a signal to all the other trees in the area and thereby cause those...
  11. iwant2believe2

Hi S-D...at some point, Earth's luck will certainly run out when comes to cosmic collisions. Yet, if Earth continues to avoid cosmic fate for the near future, there is a greater chance that an earth born natural catastrophe or a man-made one will see our civilization before then.
  12. iwant2believe2

I have a theory that 'doomsday' is the inevitable end product of mankind. Humans are hard wired toward religious beliefs. Nearly all religious beliefs culminate in an 'apocalyptic' end. Whether that apocalypse is the demise of mankind or the rise of enlightenment, it necessarily means the end of...
Back