• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. M

What Is Better Than A Hyperdrive For Intergalactic Travel?

I’m trying to write a Star Wars story about someone who figures out a way to travel FTL between galaxies. Hyperspace doesn’t work in the Intergalactic Void, and there is a hyperspace disturbance at the edge of the galaxy blocking travel anyway. I was trying to think of an alternative method of...
  2. M

Renewable Energy?

Lately I’ve been thinking about renewable power sources to help the environment and since fusion is always conveniently 20 years away; I wonder what we could use in the interim. I have read about 8 promising methods but I can’t decide which one is best. Could someone help me pick the one humans...
  3. M

Which Of These (See List) Should I Pick For My Star Wars Story?

I was wondering if anyone could help me make a decision on picking a technology for my Star Wars story. I’ve been editing the Wikipedia page “List of hypothetical technologies” for many months now. I’ve worked hard on it but I can’t pick something. I’m looking for something that •Would be...
  4. M

Which Of These Is The Best Method For Space Travel?

Lets assume that everything I list below is possible (because some will be based on unknown energies). I have provided some links. Take into account when choosing the drive 1.) How much it would cost to build? 2.) How efficient and easy to maintain is it? 3.) How fast it can go? 4.)...
  5. M

Does Anybody Know Of A Sci-Fi/Futurist Blog That Does A Future Tech Each Week?

I’m looking for an online, consistent and ongoing blog that postulates a future idea or sci fi tech idea every week. I already watch Isaac Arthur and I want something I could read. Amateur blogs are highly encouraged.
  6. M

What Could An Advanced Civilization Work On Next?

Let’s say their is a galaxy or multi-galaxy civilization. FTL travel is mainstream and commonplace. The civilization has also mastered. •Cold fusion reactors and room temperature superconductors •Megastructures like a Dyson sphere, Matrioksha brain, and Shakov thrusters. • The full potential of...
Back