• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Indrid Drood

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

Prof. Francis Boyle discusses the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China and the Biosafety Level 4 laboratory (BSL-4) from which he believes the infectious disease escaped. He believes the virus is potentially lethal and an offensive biological warfare weapon or dual-use biowarfare weapons agent...
  2. Indrid Drood

J.C. is an academic [neuro]biologist turned bike-seat science journalist who moved to Pittsburgh in 2016.
  3. Indrid Drood

China owns Nature magazine’s ass – Debunking “The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2” claiming COVID-19 definitely wasn’t from a lab Posted on March 19, 2020 by harvard2thebighouse Maybe you shouldn’t blindly believe everything you read? Even if the source...
  4. Indrid Drood

Forgive me if this has already been posted here; please remove if it has. (I would have preferred to simply put it in the main COVID-19 thread – since I am not reading this one – but fear it will be removed from there, so I'm putting it here.) Logistical and Technical Exploration into...
  5. Indrid Drood

Canine Forteana (Dogs' Weirdness & Wonders)

I would add that there are many at least equally significant things concerning a species we are are even closer to that have – officially – gone (and continue to go) unrealised, neglected, or denied for just as long... (Not at all surprising, though, given the fact that until very recently...
  6. Indrid Drood

Don't Mess With The Fairies

Leprechaun Tribunals Tribunals are convened only when there is some sort of dispute between leprechauns, or when it is alleged that some sort of crime has been committed. (These are not “crimes” in the human sense; they may include excessive noisiness, long periods of relative sobriety, and so...
  7. Indrid Drood

Mother & Son Live On A Bench In Tooting

Fascinating article on a man who built an underground bunker on Hampstead Heath: The Invisible City He had become a familiar figure to the park rangers, and they would exchange cordial hellos. Van Allen called them “Parky” – all of them. He wondered how suspicious Parky had become. “I was...
  8. Indrid Drood

Old Lady Ghost Still Shopping For Her Dinner?

Grocery stores, like pubs, are frequently haunted by a number of disincarnate entities. The practitioner going in to relieve them of their attachment – or to disabuse them of the notion that they are still, themselves, among the living – should focus resolutely on the task at hand, however: We...
  9. Indrid Drood

Old Lady Ghost Still Shopping For Her Dinner?

It would be a compassionate act for someone to go in there and help her cross over to the other side. That grocery store (and its staff) was probably the only place with which the poor woman had any type of human bond; now it's the place she haunts in order to maintain that sense of...
  10. Indrid Drood

Certifying Witnesses (Rather Than What They Witnessed)

I recently had on loan via ILL Joe Cooper's The Case of the Cottingley Fairies, and I do remember the offer or actual making of affidavits coming up in the book. Someone here must have a copy at hand. edit: It was this:
  11. Indrid Drood

Business / Corporate Complicity In The Holocaust

What Reviewers Have Said About IBM AND THE HOLOCAUST "An explosive new book. . . . Backed by exhaustive research, Black's case is simple and stunning." —Michael Hirsh, Newsweek "Black's book is most interesting when he is dealing with Watson's stubborn and unsuccessful determination to...
  12. Indrid Drood

Business / Corporate Complicity In The Holocaust

And IBM provided the information infrastructure: IBM and the Holocaust is the stunning story of IBM's strategic alliance with Nazi Germany - beginning in 1933 in the first weeks that Hitler came to power and continuing well into World War II. As the Third Reich embarked upon its plan of...
  13. Indrid Drood

It may be "fiction", it may be "fact", or perhaps it resides somewhere in between, in that hyphenated space on the spectrum that unites the two. The style – rather than subtance – does indeed strike one as literary from our 21st c. vantage point, but this was simply how educated people thought...
  14. Indrid Drood

Thanks, great to read the whole thing! I took screenshots, which I reproduce here if there is no objection:
  15. Indrid Drood

Oh, sure. (I had previously pasted the passage quoted here into a text file for personal use without attribution; checking the quote out online, I found the following:) How Fast Do Fairies Fly? "This comes from a story told in the The Prince Edward Island Magazine (June 1902)"
  16. Indrid Drood

Prince Edward Island, 1902. The island had an important number of Highland settlers, as, indeed, did much of the Maritimes. ‘Some of them firmly believed in the existence of fairies. They believed that the power of wizards and witches to do mischief, far exceeded common belief.’ Perhaps...
  17. Indrid Drood

Colin Bennett Memorial Thread

Mac Tonnies' review of POLITICS OF THE IMAGINATION In a world of books about anomalies, very seldom does one come across a title that is, itself, an anomaly in its aptitude and outspokenness. Colin Bennett's "Politics of the Imagination," a heady examination of the life, work, and ideas of...
  18. Indrid Drood

Colin Bennett Memorial Thread

A thread in honour of the late fortean Colin Bennett. A place to post extracts from articles, interviews, and books by (and about) the man. Here's something from an interview with him in 2009: The Fortean Times (FT) began brilliantly, that is to say that as an editor, Bob Rickard was quite...
  19. Indrid Drood

Sandra, The Orangutan With Legal Personhood, Settles In Florida

Smarter than a vast number of human persons, then!
  20. Indrid Drood

Tech Help (Beyond This Forum)

cycleboy2 wrote: When I put a 20-minute music mix together for my wedding I just used iTunes and edited it into one piece – The Beatles' 'And I Love Her' and 'Here, there and Everywhere', Glenn Gould playing Bach, the Go-Betweens' 'Spring Rain' and Philip Glass's 'The Photographer'. The last one...
  21. Indrid Drood

(from Bats, Gene Editing and Bioweapons: Recent DARPA Experiments Raise Concerns Amid Coronavirus Outbreak) Full article here
  22. Indrid Drood

Oops! The Silly Mistakes Thread

B.C. man who accidentally poured 16,680 litres of wine down drain fails to get job back (photo: Mission Hill Family Estate Winery) VANCOUVER -- A former employee of a B.C. winery won't be getting his job back after thousands of litres of wine were accidentally flushed down a drain. The...
  23. Indrid Drood

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

This roller girl directs traffic: 'Roller Girl' well known in Vancouver Dawson is a familiar face in downtown Vancouver and on the city's Downtown Eastside, where she can often be seen in her trademark bright pink outfits and big headphones, whizzing around on pink rollerblades. According...
  24. Indrid Drood

Gef The Talking Mongoose (The Dalby Spook)

I was just reading about fairies on the Isle of Man, and thought that some people here who are interested in Gef might find their appreciation enriched by some background on the presence of fairies on that island. The following is from GEORGE WALDRON AND THE GOOD PEOPLE by Stephen Miller.
  25. Indrid Drood

Mysterious Drones Fly Night-Time Patterns Over North-East Colorado

Sheriff Jon Stivers of Washington Country in the northeast corner of Colorado told Fox News Denver of the reports he’s been getting about the giant (6-foot wingspan) drones flying in formation in his area of jurisdiction. The 30-drone sighting appears to be the largest formation yet – the...
  26. Indrid Drood

Phone Weirdness

Keep us posted!
  27. Indrid Drood

Image Of Jesus Found In Dog's Bum

I wonder if some CRSPR ingenuity might be able to transform the dog's bum into a magically disappearing and reappearing image of Jesus? (AN ETERNITY OF SECOND COMINGS!!) Mnemiopsis leidyi, the warty comb jelly or sea walnut, is a species of tentaculate ctenophore originally native to the...
  28. Indrid Drood

As they say, "Great anuses... alike."
  29. Indrid Drood

And from your belated discovery, an alternate universe has emerged (or broken free) where this dog's bum is the original and only true "image of Jesus" (and no doubt destined to become to future millions in that universe what the tilma with the Virgin of Guadalupe became to millions of Mexicans...).
  30. Indrid Drood

Bright Flashes Of Light!

Just happened to be reading the following, and thought it might be of interest to one or more persons checking in here: Having studied the languages of the American Indians (which were often referred to as ‘primitive’), Whorf discovered a seeming paradox – a ‘primitive’ language is much better...
  31. Indrid Drood

Tech Help (Beyond This Forum)

protonmail.ch
  32. Indrid Drood

Bright Flashes Of Light!

More flashes of light. Unprejudiced observers might wonder if there could possibly be some sort of ¿relationship? between the strange flashes seen in one set of circumstances and those seen in quite another...
  33. Indrid Drood

Historic UFO Encounters: Newspaper / Magazine Articles

[...] the tailor saw a bright light in the heavens, which looked to be just over the asylum.:lolling: in its flight this strange aerial creature seemed to be under perfect control [...] Gee, I like that almost as much as Queer Heavenly Visitor! I modify my previously announced deviation from...
  34. Indrid Drood

Bright Flashes Of Light!

It is not unusual to hear of "fairies" and the like becoming angry or agitated when their homes and pathways are disturbed. Nor is it unusual for those non-permanently-corporeal centres of consciousness known to us as "fairies" to appear as lights, "glowing orbs" or other intelligent plasmoid...
  35. Indrid Drood

Michael Sheen & UFOs

That reminds me of a line from Douglas Harding: To Be and Not to Be: That is the Answer
  36. Indrid Drood

Mysterious Drones Fly Night-Time Patterns Over North-East Colorado

More astounding, indeed, than the possibility that these might be phantom drones – occupying an uncertain or mutable position between ¿real? and ¿imaginary? – is the absence of any suggestion of this possibility in this thread up to this point. As if experiencing is so poor – and so utterly...
  37. Indrid Drood

Certifying Witnesses (Rather Than What They Witnessed)

Miss T. Kiesling, a trained nurse, who, with her mother and family, reside near Ford's house, are also willing to make affidavits to seeing the same thing. Interesting, this talk of making sworn legal statements regarding things seen in the sky. I wonder if there exist any published examples of...
  38. Indrid Drood

Some of these small ones are rather hard to read; any way to post them at a larger size?
  39. Indrid Drood

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

This morning, after turning on the computer, I opened a browser and clicked to open a site. I received an error message that I was not connected to the internet. Looking behind my monitor to see the modem, I noticed that only one cat.5 cable was plugged in (the one for the other computer), but...
  40. Indrid Drood

Things Breaking

In both of these cases, the verbal singling out a specific item (the printer) or class of items (seatbelts) was followed soon thereafter by instantaneous destruction (death/malfunction) involving the singled-out item (as either recipient of – or mere agent in – the destruction), directly...
  41. Indrid Drood

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

I`ve been told I can shove my paradigms up my ass before, but this is the first I hear of paradoxes down the toilet!
  42. Indrid Drood

Aleister Crowley

DEH was always at pains to point out that the headlessness of which he spoke was already the case, subjectively, for any conscious, perceiving being (even if not knowingly realised for oneself). If imagined as being true of other (third person) beings or entities, or even for oneself (as an...
  43. Indrid Drood

Aleister Crowley

The photo shows a third person view of a man without a head (that body over there wihout a head – perhaps even our own in the mirror! – while DEH's headlessness is always a first person realisation of the headless one looking out at the obviously headed beings visible around us. We hallucinate...
  44. Indrid Drood

I, for one, happen to find it rather charming to hear that our Queer Heavenly Visitors are traversing the galaxies in what appear to be flying railway carriages or single-decker buses. And I am extremely disappointed to have missed (regardless of how long ago it may have happened...) that...
  45. Indrid Drood

Let The Right One In (NOT Alexa)

I'm so old school low-tech (by choice, not due to either poor finances or ARTI, Age-Related Technological Incompetence!), that when the alarm button on my small battery-operated alarm clock broke earlier this year, instead of replacing it I just began a daily ritual of advancing the alarm hand...
  46. Indrid Drood

Maybe it's just Imagination itself... imagining!
  47. Indrid Drood

Certainly not your everyday Queer Heavenly Visitor!
  48. Indrid Drood

Ummm... Good luck with that!:eek:
  49. Indrid Drood

Aleister Crowley

It's fascinating to consider the cases of Crowley and Douglas E. Harding (the man with no head) in relation to each other: two men raised within the Exclusive Plymouth Brethren, both of whom later turned towards Eastern mysticism, with Crowley reacting strongly against that upbringing by...
Back