• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Indrid Drood

Colin Bennett Memorial Thread

A thread in honour of the late fortean Colin Bennett. A place to post extracts from articles, interviews, and books by (and about) the man. Here's something from an interview with him in 2009: The Fortean Times (FT) began brilliantly, that is to say that as an editor, Bob Rickard was quite...
  2. Indrid Drood

Damned Facts

While I await delivery of Jack Hunter's Damned Facts: Fortean Essays on Religion, Folklore and the Paranormal, it would be nice to hear from my esteemed Fortean colleagues gathered here regarding their favourite pieces in the collection along with any observations they may have to share on...
  3. Indrid Drood

Need Copy Of An Article In FT 68 (April, 1993)

Colin Bennett's Politics of the Imagination: The Life, Work and Ideas of Charles Fort has a note which reads, See a fascinating article on myth and technology in Fortean Times No 68 (April, 1993), by Dennis Stillings, editor of Artifex, entitled Killing the Golden Calf. I am eager to read this...
  4. Indrid Drood

Campaign Of Terror Ends In Murder

"Threatening phone calls, notes, strange encounters, vandalism, fires, animal killings"? No, it's not another story featuring aliens or entities, Men in Black, and cattle mutilations, but... A blog her sister maintained...
  5. Indrid Drood

Scattering the Seeds of a Super-Story

I have to say, I am mighty puzzled—if not downright disconcerted—that this (published seven years ago) has received no mention or discussion whatsoever here. Has it been deliberately overlooked? Surely a lengthy chapter on Charles Fort by a major author such as Jeff Kripal merits acknowledgment...
  6. Indrid Drood

Looking For An Article: FT168 (March 2003)

Greetings all! Would anyone who is able be kind enough to provide me with scans or pdf extraction of pages 32 to 39 of FT 168, march 2003? The article in question is "Bad Moon Rising" by the late Colin Bennett. I shall reward my generous benefactor with something odd and delightful in return...
Back