• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. K

Remote engine interference

They have the technology.... BBC News Announcement 10-11-06 The Ministry of Defence has admitted that a fault at an RAF radar dome was responsible for causing electrical problems with dozens of cars. Engines and lights cut out and speedometer dials swung up to 150mph as motorists drove...
  2. K

Scully and Mulder return!

At its best, X Files was superb, at its worst...it was still better than Buffy :twisted:
  3. K

Let's Play 'TOP THIS!'

Last month, while driving a pigeon flew into my windscreen, I assume it died as all I saw was an explosion of feathers. I have been driving 20 years and never had a bird hit my car before. Last Sunday, I was waiting at a round about, as it was sunny, so I had my driver’s window down. I was...
  4. K

Pair Mystery 'Black Puma Cats', Hobbiton, Gloucestershire

Re: Pair Mystery 'Black Puma Cats', Hobbiton, Gloucestershir A friend of mine saw a big brown cat around those woods a couple of years ago.
  5. K

LOST

If people don't seam to age, why did the young Ben grow up into older Ben??
  6. K

Where do you buy yours?

I buy mine in WH Smiths in Gloucester, the WH Smiths in Cribbs Causeway (Bristol) does not sell them.....how strange...I started buying them in the early 90's and have lots and lots for sale :wink:
  7. K

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Re-routing the canal? Knocking down the band stand? er....abusing sheep in the forest :shock:
  8. K

Handicapped By Height (Travails Of The Tall)

I'm 6'3 and trying to find a sports car that i can get into, i'd like an MX5 but thats too tight - any ideas??
  9. K

Life on Mars (the other BBC time travel drama)

So if the kidnap did not happen, why was he run over?? wasn't he out looking for her at the time??
  10. K

Wasn't his girlfriend abducted by a serial killer in the first series??
  11. K

Most Haunted: Poo Or Boo?

Ditto to all the above, I'd add that I aways take any incidents experienced by Karl and Stuart with a pinch of salt.
  12. K

It might have been the first episode, maybe the 2nd but Gene Hunt was giving a briefing to the team and he said the "word on the streets" wasn't this something said by "Huggy Bear" in Starsky and Hutch - which wasn't on the telly at that time?? Also, Sam accused the guy that got blown up of...
  13. K

Stand-Alone Fantasy Novels

Can anyone recommned any fanstasy books set in the "here and now" and not in a magical kingdom far far away.........? (other than Tom Holt or Robert Rankin).
  14. K

Most Haunted: Poo Or Boo?

Yes, but how would you feel if it was a relative of yours and the show brought this up? I think something like this happened when they went to an RAF base and they said that as the alledged "spirit" :roll: still had living relatives they wouldn't give his real or full name.
  15. K

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I had a chicken in a basket once............ :roll:
  16. K

Lion Hugs & Kisses Saviour

What i want to know is, did the lion wash its tongue after it licked its bum? :shock:
  17. K

I try and sit on aisle seat, you get to stretch one leg then... :cry:
  18. K

Nor are seats on Cinemas and planes...well, the cheap ones, Easyjet etc
  19. K

Pratchett vs Rowling

So what did think about Sky's The Hogfather? I thought it was a bit slow and will probably be seen as a flop - they should try it again though, Guards Guards would make a good film,
  20. K

Ageing & Growing Old

Many years when i had first started work, i went into the toliets and there on the floor was a little grey bag......I was only 17 had no idea what a catheter bag was used for..so i picked it up and had a look inside, luckily when i dropped it none of the brown sludge escaped :shock:
  21. K

Nick Pope

I wouldn't say he was an a*sewipe, there are 2 grades lower than executive officer. He definately wouldn't have been head of his team though.
  22. K

Afterlife (TV Series)

Is he dead? I got the impression he had an o.o.b.e said he wasn't ready to go and went back to his body.... and in the next series he wakes up in hospital??
  23. K

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

He was just giving the dog a bone.... :shock:
  24. K

Robin Hood

I thought it was ok, but, lots of arrows, swords etc but no one was killed? i hope its not going to be a pc friendly type thing where people get "knocked out" or "wounded" like the A-Team....... Robin of Sherwood was/is excellent, Jason Connery was a bit wooden but the scripts where generally...
  25. K

'Six Degrees Of Separation'

To avoid paying to park, my wife used to park her car down Cromwell Street - outside Fred West's house, and one of his daughters works in the local superstore.
  26. K

Spontaneous Erections Triggered By Garage Door Signal?

So does that mean everytime he has sex his neighbours car gets nicked because the garage door opens???! :twisted:
  27. K

The Naked Civil Servant(s) In The 21st Century!

Really?!!?! i've been in the civil service for the last 18 years and i've never seen anything like that :shock: maybe I should transfer up to Newcastle... :wink:
  28. K

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I thought this two parter was a bit boring, but still better than the farting aliens from the last series. So which baddies are they bringing back for the next series? we have had an old companion...will they bring back an old DR???
  29. K

Snake crossing.

About 5 years ago, I was lugging my fishing kit (back to my car) along a wooded path surrounding a small lake in Gloucestershire (Saul next to Frampton on Severn to be precise) looking ahead I saw what looked like a thickish piece of rope lying across the path, as I got to within 15ft the rope...
  30. K

Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  31. K

Walking At Night

It's sounds a bit harder, still pretty good though.
  32. K

Walking At Night

Remember ?? theyr'e still around and just released a new album..... :D
  33. K

Thats it blame me !!! :wink: In 73 i lived in village in gloucestershire, not gloucester although i am aware of the jason king toliets story........ :roll: Its all coming back to me now, i remember my dad having a Triumph Dolomite, walnut dash and leather seats which stuck to your bum in...
  34. K

Whats the bet that when he wakes up he finds that dippy chris is his boss!! Its obvious to me that the people he interacts with in 73 will make make some kind of appearance when he eventually wakes up. I was 3 in 73 but the only things i seam to remember from the 70's is Jason King and my...
  35. K

My Favorite TV Episodes; or, Seriously Overthinking things

Jump the Shark was from the last season, its when the lone gunmen meet thier makers..... I think the b&w episode was from series 5 and called "Post-Modern Prometheus" i agree it was pretty bad, but then in the same season you had Bad Blood (vampires in texas) which was very good.
  36. K

My Favorite TV Episodes; or, Seriously Overthinking things

My favourite X files is Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, (Peter Boyle is an excellant actor) Madame Zelma: "Mister. Please, you're hurting me." Puppet: "I know, I know, I'm sorry. But you're a fortune teller. You should have seen this coming." Funny and wierd, very good. X Files never...
  37. K

In grown hairs and baked beans

This also happened to a friend of mine, he was told that it was quite common and usually affected people who drove a lot - hence its nickname of "jeep drivers bum".
  38. K

Who Was Bluebeard?

Swiss metal band - Celtic Frost have a song all about him.... Gilles De Ray's... the perverted son The holy man... hanged by nobility Into The Crypts of Rays...
  39. K

Terry Gilliam

40. K

The X-Files

I thought that it was all tied up in the last couple of episodes?? and before that Mulder had stopped looking for his sister when he knew what really happened to her.
  41. K

The X-Files

I...I say I....am the huntah....... :wink:
  42. K

The X-Files

Totally disagree, i watched every episode of every series, when Mulder left, the show took a (refreshingly) different direction. I thought it was superb the best thing ever on the telly.
  43. K

Antiques Ghost Show

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.... :wink: ... i was impressed with these programs, i thought he looked credible. I haven't watched Ghost Towns because of the stuff that went on with Most Haunted, I think he has medium abilities but hams up for the camera.
  44. K

Antiques Ghost Show

I agree, he looked very convincing.
  45. K

The Chinese Are Covering Up A Human-To-Human H5N1 Outbreak

Your'e stuffed mate.....bird flu's untweetable........ :shock:
  46. K

Blood Eagle

I was going to post that I had seen this in Slaine..many years ago... :o
  47. K

Afterlife (TV Series)

Very enjoyable series, i work in Bristol so I too could do some location spotting - but - where were the bristle accents ??
  48. K

Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns

Yeah, I saw that and thought exactly the same thing, whats more scary - a ghost or an angry Yvette :shock:
  49. K

Alternative Medicine: Hypnotherapy

Is hypnotherapy considered alternative?? has anyone tried it ? did it work??
  50. K

"Ghost Knocking Over Boxes" Caught On Video

More info here :http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/content/articles/2005/09/28/poundstretcher_ghost_feature.shtml To be honest it would take more than a ghost sighting to get me into poundstretcher!! shopping in gloucester is bad enough as it is!!
Back