• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. R

Birds Dropping Food Items To Get To The Tasty Bits Inside

Quite a few birds will drop things from height to get inside. I attend university in a coastal town, and sometimes, while sitting on the front, I'll see the local ravens picking up bivalves, flying about 10-20ft foot in the air and dropping them. They'll swoop back down, inspect it, then repeat...
  2. R

Photos From The Christian Culture Museum In Utrecht

Is it wrong for me to think that Jesus just looks really, really bored in that statue? :?
  3. R

Profanity Writ Large (In Gardens, Lawns, Landscapes, Etc.)

Reminds me of a character in the graphic novel 'Preacher'...he dreamt of being an astronaut and cheated his way into taking the exam, but was found out and kicked out. So he bought a huge stretch of land and blasted out the words 'FUCK YOU' with dynamite in the rock. Much later on, we get a...
  4. R

Your Scariest Ghost?

It's the shadowmen for me. There's just something completely terrifying about them. Probably due to the fact when I was a child I often had nightmares about everything being consumed in a massive tide of blackness... I think what's the scariest thing about shadowmen is that they really are...
  5. R

Handicapped By Height (Travails Of The Tall)

My boyfriend's quite a tall chap and is always having endless difficulty with it. He has to buy his trousers from special shops because most brands are always several inches too short, and he has to order shoes (he's UK size 14!). All his t-shirts are XXL- not because he's fat, but because of...
  6. R

'Chupacabras' Again?

Aww, it's actually kind of cute. Interesting to see the results of a DNA test on it, if they carry one out...
  7. R

Dragons Photographed Over Tibet

Does anyone have any information about the dying black dragon mentioned in the article? I've never heard of it before, but it sounds absolutely fascinating...
  8. R

Lilith

The folklorish tale I heard was that, like the others, Lilith was created at the same time as Adam and wanted to be his equal. Adam of course was of the belief that men are best and women should be submissive to them, so Lilith left Eden. God created Eve has her replacement, and when Lilith...
  9. R

Faces Unexpectedly Appearing At Windows

I really shouldn't read threads like this late at night. I'm sitting all alone downstairs, everyone asleep, next to a big patio window (curtains drawn) with a bloody great mirror behind me. Urk @_@ About fears with windows- when I was little I hated the curtains of my bedroom window being...
  10. R

Atheism

Personally I've always seen atheism as a religion. They have a creation story (the Big Bang), and end-of-the-universe scenario (Big Crunch), priests (scientists), places of worship (schools, labs, universities), books of truth (encyclopaedias) and perform miracles (anything the average layman...
  11. R

Thundersnow

On Tuesday (18th) this happened to me as well. I was driving back from Loughborough (England) with my boyfriend in the midst of some pretty bad weather. It was snowing and suddenly the sky lit up from lightning and a huge roll of thunder followed later. Took us both by surprise as neither of us...
  12. R

Childish Terrors

When I was around 5 or so, my mother used to tell me that unless I was tucked up in bed, the 6 o'clock Horses would come and take me away (6 o'clock was my bedtime). I had the image of this herd of jet black horses galloping o'er the hills and moors (despite the fact there are none around...
  13. R

Hitler and the Eltanin Antenna

I'm not too sure on the others, but I know that this is true. He also apparently used his art exam as toilet paper :lol:
  14. R

The Ghost That Wasn't There

Sometime last year I'd gone to see a friend at university, but due to having work early in the morning I wasn't able to stop over. By the time I was driving home it was very late at night and I was tired (it wasn't helped by the fact that earlier on I'd took a wrong turning in the dark and got...
  15. R

Magpies

Eight for a wish, nine for a kiss Ten for something never to be missed. Although I was always told that seeing magpies was an omen- what was going to happen depended on how many you saw.
  16. R

"Alice in Wonderland" Syndrome

A few years ago, when I think I was 17, I had a very bad case of food poisoning and was vomiting every 5-10 minutes. It was the middle of the night and eventually the exhaustion and my rising temperature made me hallucinate. I've never actually hallucinated before, so it was pretty trippy...
  17. R

Predictions For 2005

- A major epidemic will sweep the world, or at least several major countries. Many thousands, if not millions, will die. - Seismic activity and earth shifting in Yellowstone will spark up serious worries - A disaster will take place in a major city (more than likely terroism or an...
  18. R

Therianthropy, Otherkin, Etc.

Re: The woman who believed she had wings. It's not all that hard to believe that you've got some kind of extra body part...remember when you were a child, playing pretend? Next time you're walking, swing your hips a little more and imagine you've got a tail swishing behind. If you concentrate...
  19. R

Deep Fried Mars bars were never a myth

Deep fried Mars Bars have been out for years. About 7 or so years ago I was on holiday with my family in Inglemells (near Skegness) when we found a chip shop that sold them. My step-sister had one (I didn't, because I dislike Mars Bars) and apparently they're very nice. Not very healthy, mind :lol:
  20. R

Mad For God: When Christians Attack

Besides which, aren't you supposed to give God animal sacrifices? I'm pretty sure he only demands human ones when he's testing you. :shock: :lol:
  21. R

Freakishly Small Dog

Hnn? The link shows up for me O_o Anyway, try this: http://www.tinypinocchio.com/
  22. R

Freakishly Small Dog

I did find this though...a page dedicated to a seriously, seriously small dog. Just look at the picture of it next to a can of Coke...
  23. R

Alien Big Cats ('ABCs')

I saw an ABC about two years ago...I was sitting in the back seat of a car being driven by a friend. There was 5 of us altogether, and I was behind the driver. We were driving through some countryside/farmland, and I was absently gazing out the window when I saw a large black creature walking...
  24. R

Premonitions Of Death

I've suffered from quite a lot of death premonitions... The first was when I was about 7 or 8 years old. My grandparents on my mother's side had a border collie dog named Benji. When we visited, before we left I'd always give Benji a fuss to say goodbye. One day, as I went to stroke him...
  25. R

Seeing With Closed Eyes

I used to have a lot of dreams similiar to that. Although (in the dream) my eyes were closed, I could still see what was going on...it wasn't as clear as normal sight (it was like someone had put a filter over it), but I could still see everything around me. I remember in one dream I read a book...
  26. R

Strange Childhood Incidents

When I was young I saw an advert on ITV for a period drama named 'The Woman in Black'. In had the said woman walking slowly through a graveyard, and then the title flashed up. For some bizarre, bizarre reason I was terrified of the woman, and became convinced that when it was night she lived in...
  27. R

Are Robins Symbols Of Dead Loved Ones?

Ahh, the version of that I was told was that while Jesus was being crucified a robin flew up with water in its beak to try and quench his thirst...but he became impaled on the crown of thorns and bled to death. Now all robins have red breasts to represent the wound of the robin who tried to aid...
  28. R

Pets in the microwave

A friend of a friend (heh), when they were about 4 years old, had a pet hamster. One morning he woke up to find it dead. He remembered though that hamsters hibernate when they get cold and look dead, so he figured if he heated it up the hamster would come back to life. So he put it in the...
  29. R

Therianthropy, Otherkin, Etc.

The thing that urks me is the little clique of otherkin who think they're dragons or unicorns or other mythological beasts. Sad as it may be, those creatures ARE NOT REAL. By the same logic shouldn't you theorectically also be able to be say, a Pikachu, Babar the elephant or a flying monkey from...
  30. R

Mystery Science Theater 3000

I loved the movie. Odd how UK TV shows the movie yet won't show the TV series...
  31. R

Transit Of Venus (2004)

Lovely weather up here. Got a pretty good view just by looking out my bedroom window. Hooray for eclipse viewers! Although I'm slightly worried about the fact it says 'not for use after August 1999' on the back >_>
  32. R

Transit Of Venus (2004)

Heh, I still have my eclipse glasses from the total solar eclipse. I guess hoarding pays off after all :D
  33. R

Electrocuted When Pissing (Third Rails: Electric Fences)

I have a friend who once urinated on an electric fence...he got quite a shock. Needless to say, we were taking the piss outta him (no pun intended) for quite a while :D
  34. R

Children Kick Wallaby To Death

It would've been a whole lot better if one of those lions had thought "Stuff this" and mauled one of the little shits to death. Mm, irony.
  35. R

Spam (and the Sender Theory)

Best spam I ever recieved was from a guy claiming to be an alien. Apparently he had crash-landed on earth and needed money to buy new parts for his spaceship. All I had to do was give him my bank details! I wonder how many fell for that...:rolleyes:
  36. R

Doppelgängers (IHTM)

I had a similar experience when I was in high school. While walking across the grounds to my next lesson I saw a girl who looked just like me walk towards me. My reaction was "Holy shit! It's me!....wait it a minute it can't be me- I'M me!". When we passed each other though I realised it was...
  37. R

Jelly Sex Bracelets

Ah, these did the rounds at my primary school...must have been about 11 years ago. Although we called them shag bands, if you broke one you just had to snog the person...we were so innocent :D
  38. R

Pokémon Mind Control!

Have you noticed how every big kid's craze has been in fact some kind of dark, sinister brainwashing cult intent on turning children to satanism? Pogs, Tamagotchis, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Harry Potter... *looks at her avatar* My God, they have me too!
  39. R

Swallowing Deadly Chewing Gum / Bubble Gum

I used to love swallowing gum as a child...I don't think I knew I wasn't supposed to ^^;; Then my mother told me I shouldn't, because it'd clog up all my insides and I'd die. I spent several weeks panicking that all the gum I'd eaten already would kill me :p
  40. R

Knightmare

Hot damn, I LOVED this show. I'd run home from school, commandeer the TV and not move a muscle until it was done. Actually, the same happens now whenever I find it's on :p (except for the school part, obviously). It was always my childhood dream to get on that show...still is now, actually...
  41. R

Confused budgerigar

They're called Featherdusters (for the obvious reason :p), and are a mutation of the normal budgie. Their feathers don't grow the correct way and grow for too long, so they end up looking...well, like feather dusters. They're unable to fly, but they're rather cute :) I think someone can...
  42. R

I Believe I Can Fly! (Dangerous Drug Delusions; Acid Casualties)

On the subject of kids thinking they can fly, I seem to recall this article... Apparently the Pokemon they thought they were was a Pidgey *shakes head* Children are stupid, really.
  43. R

Fortean Plants (Carnivorous; Including Man-Eating Plants)

I remember reading an article somewhere about a type of recently discovered carnivorous plant whose main diet was monkey...I think the only reason I remember it is because the article had a drawing of the plant ensnaring (attacking?) a panther. If only I could remember which book/magazine it was...
  44. R

Levitating / Flying Within A Dream

I don't tend to have flying dreams (the majority of mine seem to involve lots of death and violence :err: ), but one I do remember involved me having a huge pair of blue feathered wings. I spent the entire dream trying to learn how to fly (I distinctly remember cursing the fact I didn't have a...
  45. R

Migraine 'Auras' & Other Visual Disturbances

I suffered from an awful lot of migraines when I was little...caused me a lot of sick days at school. Although I didn't get visual disturbances, I instead got terrible stabbing/crushing pain and sickness. Vomiting during a migraine is terrible :( All my doctor could offer to stop them was...
  46. R

English Griffins?

A town near me (Griffydam, in Leicestershire) is famous in the area for its griffin legend. Way back when, a griffin landed in the village and curled up around the well. The villagers were too scared to approach it, and so had to walk over two miles to the next town to fetch water. This went...
Back