• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Schrodinger's Zebra

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

Yes, thank you , that's much more descriptive than what I said, and tis what I meant but did not say quite so eloquently.
  2. Schrodinger's Zebra

Fortean Sheep & Strangeness Involving Sheep

T'other week driving to the supermarket we passed one of the several sheep-containing fields on our journey as usual except this time one of the sheep was sitting down. Like a dog sits. Same posture. There was nowhere to stop to get a closer look but indeed we both saw it in the several...
  3. Schrodinger's Zebra

Have You Got A Double?

Hopefully I have not posted this before (apologies if so), but Mr Zebra and I were staying at a small hotel in Leeds a few years ago, only staying for one night, and on the following morning whilst packing up the car to leave an older couple approached us and told us that they'd seen a couple...
  4. Schrodinger's Zebra

Legs With No Body, Running Along The Road

A most interesting story, thank you for sharing. My immediate thought upon reading feet "curling up at the ends" was something akin to what a court jester would wear.
  5. Schrodinger's Zebra

Sorry, the film one. Forgot about the cartoon one "rinky dink panther" and all that. It's the film one that scares me.
  6. Schrodinger's Zebra

Pink Panther theme tune. I don't like the loud bit, terrifies me for some reason. ITV schools clock if it gets to the end and all the segments disappear. Ohhh no. Not watching that until the end.
  7. Schrodinger's Zebra

What The Hell Are Dreams?

When I was a child/teenager I had a recurring dream which if I described it here would sound completely mundane and not scary in the least, but which was terribly scary when I dreamed it (and if I think about it now, which I don't really want to). No idea what those dreams were all about...
  8. Schrodinger's Zebra

'Murder Houses': How Does Violence Impact Sale Prices?

I hate to see the destruction of old, beautiful buildings for any reason, and the concept of demolishing them just because a murder or other bad crime took place just seems ludicrous to me.
  9. Schrodinger's Zebra

The Vegetarian & Vegan Thread

Nope, brussels sprouts, cooked and mashed. Delicious :curt:
  10. Schrodinger's Zebra

Fort & Faith; Three Questions

One thing I have never understood (and with no disrespect intended to anyone of a religious persuasion), and this is just my personal view, but I have never understood when people say "I am not religious, so I do not believe in the paranormal." I am agnostic, and for me, paranormal events have...
  11. Schrodinger's Zebra

Time Or Dimensional Slips

I'm reading this thinking how lucky I am to own a copy of Time Storms. It is indeed an excellent book. This I just remarked to Mr Zebra, who responded with "we'd better still have it"! Well, I know it was on the bookshelf last time I looked, so I guess it's still there... I'll check later...
  12. Schrodinger's Zebra

Well said. Mr Zebra and I are both vegetarian (me since birth) but the other day, upon hearing of another utter waste of perfectly good produce poured all over the floor of some supermarket somewhere I remarked that it makes me feel like buying some meat, just to spite them, even though we...
  13. Schrodinger's Zebra

Sprout sandwiches are good.
  14. Schrodinger's Zebra

Arachnophobia

We have been getting huge spiders in our house for the past several weeks. You know, the kind where I go... "Er... Mr Zebra..." and Mr Zebra appears wielding a slipper or large piece of kitchen towel or vacuum cleaner (depending on spider size and location) whilst I back out of the room (if I...
  15. Schrodinger's Zebra

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

I am sitting here trying to write something but the words aren't coming in the way that I wanted them to and my backspace key is now worn out as a result. Suffice to say, I am concerned that some of you are concerned about me (I honestly did not expect to be missed) so I wanted to reassure you...
  16. Schrodinger's Zebra

Noises That Have Scared You

Ah, thank you. (You're a veritable wealth of information and ability to find things!) I've never attempted to look into it because it terrified me so much, but it's good to know that my memory is 'verified', as it were. I have to say I don't recognise the album cover but I was very young when...
  17. Schrodinger's Zebra

A couple of things I can remember: I actually made a passing reference this on another thread just t'other day, but my parents had an LP of 'household sounds'. Don't know what it was called or what evil entity decided to make such a collection, but the 'hoover' sound frightened the daylights...
  18. Schrodinger's Zebra

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

That sort of thing would be plausible and I'm sure the explanation is something like that, I still can't get my head around how it seemed to leap so far off the wall. It's been several weeks since we removed the tiles, odd that they would only start coming off now? We've been 'doing up' the...
  19. Schrodinger's Zebra

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Hmmm... I know what you mean about plaster cracking with damp/moisture. That's the sort of thing that might explain it (if it weren't for how it launched off the wall!) but when we were taking the tiles off there was no signs of moisture. The plaster in question is the stuff with hairs in...
  20. Schrodinger's Zebra

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

The kitchen's at it again. To set the scene, there is an area of wall behind the old Rayburn, which we began removing old tiles from before Christmas and which consequently is in a half-finished state (we're not quick at doing things here!) So there are patches of plaster, tile adhesive...
  21. Schrodinger's Zebra

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

That sadly seems to be the way of the world nowadays. No distinction between people with reasonable questions and concerns, and people who really do have some 'way out' theories. No attempt to investigate whether what someone is saying may have some basis in truth, just throw insults at them...
  22. Schrodinger's Zebra

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Yes come back @maximus otter it isn't the same here without you.
  23. Schrodinger's Zebra

Learning To Read & Early Childhood Reading

I could read at the age of 3, but I don't actually remember reading back then as such. I wish I could remember! I remember the sort of books I read (Famous Five, Mallory Towers, that sort of Enid Blyton stuff) but I couldn't tell you what age I read those. I must have also learned to write...
  24. Schrodinger's Zebra

Saima Ahmed: Mystery Disappearance & Death (Edinburgh; 2015 / 2016)

I was about to say exposure, cos it was early January her body was found, but then again if it were that, presumably the police / post mortem would know that. And we still don't know how long her body was there, when she actually did. It is quite a mystery, even the police saying "no evidence...
  25. Schrodinger's Zebra

Do we know for certain that she arrived in Edinburgh the day she left London? Could she have travelled to Birmingham and been there for a while (perhaps meeting up with a friend or friends), then going up to Edinburgh later?
  26. Schrodinger's Zebra

A Strange Photo (Little Girl With Monkey(?) Figure)

It seems that all the best analysis of this photograph has already been done, but I'll add my tuppence for what it's worth. Immediately I saw the photo, the 'monkey-thing' (for that is what I shall call it) jumped out at me as if it were on top of the photo. As in - "here is an old photo of a...
  27. Schrodinger's Zebra

Crisps (Potato Chips & Similar Snacks)

Ooh crisp sandwiches. Lovely :joyf: Something about the softness of the bread and the crispness of the crisps combined together in delicious wonderfulness. (But salt and vinegar flavour!)
  28. Schrodinger's Zebra

Just discussing this with Mr Zebra, he's suggested that perhaps she'd arranged to meet someone? Like an online date? It's a long way to go, but possible perhaps? Also presumably she didn't use credit/debit card during her stay or they would have that to 'track' her to some degree. Also...
  29. Schrodinger's Zebra

Strange. I am unfamiliar with this case, but the one thing that immediately springs to mind, as a similarity, is the man who travelled by train from London to Manchester and was found dead on the moors. This chap...
  30. Schrodinger's Zebra

"Meeting Nicola"

Sorry just catching up with this thread. Personally I don't see a resemblance between the drawing of Nicola and the photograph of Frank's daughter. Seems like one of those "they're both female with dark hair therefore they look alike" type of resemblances! Although (and anyone on here...
  31. Schrodinger's Zebra

Bad Medicine: Daffy Doctors & Medical Mishaps

No, the thought sometimes crosses my mind that I ought to have done, but I honestly don't think it would help. There were a couple of reasons why I didn't: Firstly, I had prior experience of complaining to them because of the length of time it was taking to get treatment (over a year from...
  32. Schrodinger's Zebra

Crisps (Potato Chips & Similar Snacks)

We get Golden Wonder up 'ere and they're still excellent. Far better than Walkers I think (and they have the correct colour packets). Favourites are Salt and Vinegar (but they can be a bit 'sharp' sometimes), Tomato Sauce, Cheese & Onion and Ready Salted. We also like Seabrook crinkle crisps...
  33. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

No, it was nothing to do with coronavirus; this was a physical disability. In the dream when I saw him, I wasn't surprised to see him in the wheelchair because the dream-me knew I'd seen him like that before, and although I didn't have a name for what was wrong with him I was aware it was some...
  34. Schrodinger's Zebra

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

My dream in the early hours of this morning was set in a school or college (school I think). As I was walking along a corridor, whom should I meet but John Taylor (of Duran Duran) in a "recumbent wheelchair" - the only way I can describe it - a wheelchair but he's lying more flat like one of...
  35. Schrodinger's Zebra

Funding / management issues are no excuse for treating patients like shit, though. And it's hard to argue that "overwork" is the issue when they're stood around chatting while patients are suffering. If people don't want to help and look after patients then they shouldn't work in that profession.
  36. Schrodinger's Zebra

Oversleeping & Willing Yourself Back In Time

When you woke up the second time, was this of your own accord or as a result of an alarm clock? If it was of your own accord, then the initial 'waking up' sounds like a dream designed to make sure you woke up when you (finally) did; making you think it was late so that you wouldn't stay asleep...
  37. Schrodinger's Zebra

Just to add my experience - my major operation back in 2018 was courtesy of NHS Scotland and I had some very unpleasant experiences during my 11-day stay afterwards. I've never actively blocked anything out of my mind before, but with this I have, to the point that I'm aware only on a very high...
  38. Schrodinger's Zebra

"Meeting Nicola"

Yes, what I mean is her appearance - I was thinking that, if she was some - for want of a better word - otherworldly being and she, for whatever reason, wanted to talk to him, she changed her appearance (hence 'appeared' rather than 'dressed') to match his art-student attire, if you see what I...
  39. Schrodinger's Zebra

"Meeting Nicola"

This is a very interesting tale, thank you for posting. One thing has struck me in your latest response: the bit I've bolded here. Could it be that 'Nicola' purposely appeared* in such a fashion so as to attract his attention in order that he would speak to her? *I'm using 'appeared', rather...
  40. Schrodinger's Zebra

Pareidolia

It looks like that chap from The Doors. Labrador face. Straight away. But I can see the other face too.
  41. Schrodinger's Zebra

Entomophagy: Eating Insects / Insects As Food

Why am I even reading this thread? :yuck: You know on the Top Gear Vietnam Special, where Richard really really does not want to eat any of the 'food' that James and Jeremy are eating, then finally has a bowl of rice krispies after about a week of not eating? Yeah. That would be me. I...
  42. Schrodinger's Zebra

Odd Sayings

No apologies required :)
  43. Schrodinger's Zebra

People Who Just Disappear (Go Missing)

How awful. I wasn't aware of the recent developments of searching the estate cottage etc, which was quite shocking because I don't think it was the sort of outcome any of us really expected. I'm very familiar with the road in question and the area, having driven along there many times, and...
  44. Schrodinger's Zebra

Personal Perception Of Time: Ongoing Anomaly

I do know what you mean. I think that's why the Sleep Radio doesn't always help me. If I "just can't sleep" for no apparent reason, it helps. If I'm anxious and worried it doesn't help because, like you, my mind drifts off into anxiety and worried thoughts and I need something else to focus...
  45. Schrodinger's Zebra

Further to, and not withstanding, other sleep-related suggestions, I would recommend Sleep Radio. I have it saved as a favourite on my internet radio although you can also listen online. Very soothing music that usually gets me off to sleep (except on my very worst insomnia-filled nights) but...
  46. Schrodinger's Zebra

Glad it hear it isn't quite as strange as it was... but equally I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems and stress.
  47. Schrodinger's Zebra

Time Quirks: Perceived Time Flow Slowing, Stopping Or Speeding Up

I have experienced this, although in quite a mundane situation. Running home from the school bus one night I tripped and fell. Time slowed down enormously and it took quite an age until I hit the pavement and I was fully aware of the whole process (although quite unable to do anything about...
  48. Schrodinger's Zebra

Why Would Dogs Be Scared Of Ghosts?

That's an interesting point. No reason to suppose that dogs and cats can't get floaters.
  49. Schrodinger's Zebra

May I ask if this feeling ever subsided, @Ermintruder?
  50. Schrodinger's Zebra

Why Would Dogs Be Scared Of Ghosts?

Aww, she sounds lovely. :) Yes, the bark, although annoying at times, can be beneficial of course!
Back