• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. 王泥喜法介

A Case Of Tame Head (降頭)

The Tame Head refers to a form of black magic that has been reported in some Southeast Asian countries, and the Yunnan province of China. While there is no clear definition of what the Tame Head is, many people believe it has the power to control its victim's behavior and even cause their death...
  2. 王泥喜法介

A Curse Lasted Three Generations

I heard the story from my grandmother's friend. In the 17th century, due to the war involving Jurchen and revolters, Chinese population sharply decreased, particularly in the southwest inland area of China. As a result, many people who lived in the coastal line were forced to be relocated to...
  3. 王泥喜法介

A Story About The Earthquake In Tangshan And Mao Zedong

This story is one of the most strange case in China. On the 28 July, 1976, a severe earthquake occurred in Tangshan. As this city was almost destroyed, more than one million people were waiting for help. To do this, armies around Tangshan were assembled to send food, medicine and other sources...
  4. 王泥喜法介

A True Story Happened To Me

The story is about the Chinese college-entrance exam. In most provinces of China, students commonly choose the targeted universities after their marks and provincial rankings are disclosed. However, the admission score was unknown at that moment. Students, particularly those who get a high...
  5. 王泥喜法介

Haunted Experience Happened When I Was An Undergraduate

This story happened in my dormitory when I was an undergraduate. There is an unwritten rule in most Chinese universities that the electricity supply would be cut off after 11 pm or 12. A likely reason behind this is to deter students from indulging themselves in computer games. One day, a...
  6. 王泥喜法介

A Mandela Effect

A Chinese actress passed away last year. However, when I heard the news, I noted that the actress had passed away a few months ago. At first I did not take it seriously, however, I accidentally discovered a video that could support my memory. The first photo is a snapshot of the Wikipedia page...
  7. 王泥喜法介

A Puppet Without An Ear

At Chinese funerals, sometimes a pair of puppets was buried with the dead, and this story is about this. I am not sure whether you have an impression of this or not. But for readers of "Dragon Ball", it is not strange because Chiaotsu takes his shape from the male puppet. Another photo below is...
  8. 王泥喜法介

A Ghost Returns Home During His Funeral

In the 1980s roughly, the public bathroom in China is popular. Most families warm water with coals for a shower that time, but the public bathroom commonly makes use of the waste energy of manufactories to provide hot water. One day, a new bathroom was going to open, and the owner of the...
  9. 王泥喜法介

A Ghost Kid

English is not my first language. So pls point out any place should be improved, like incorrect words and allocations, unnatural expressions and redundancy. Thank you so much. This story is so famous in my hometown. In the 1970s or 1980s, my hometown was rather undeveloped. The industry was...
  10. 王泥喜法介

Some Short Stories

Long time no see. I have started my PhD at the University of Edinburgh since the end of last year. After enrolling, I find my English should be intensively sharpened. Today, I'd like to share some short stories I hear from my roommates and classmates before. The first one is called "gamble...
  11. 王泥喜法介

Has Anybody Heard About A Story Named 'A Boy In Red'

Has anybody heard this story? Perhaps it is the most scary story in the past 10 years. It is too complicated, and I am afraid that my English could not present it clearly and cogently.
  12. 王泥喜法介

I Have Heard Something Unspoken

This story happened around 10 years ago when I was a student in high school. A few years ago, two friends told me that they had found something exciting. We three studied at the same school but I was in another class. I was so curious and asked them what it was. The two guys told me that they...
  13. 王泥喜法介

Two Short Stories From A 12th Century Text

In the past, traditional Chinese intellectuals usually record something unusual or surprising in the form of notes. Down to today, some remain intact and available, and I prefer to read this type of literature to gain some fresh knowledge, especially for something supernatural. Frankly...
  14. 王泥喜法介

A Finding In An Old Classroom At Sichuan University

This story is not horrible but romantic. A few years ago, I studied at Sichuan University, which is one of the top universities in China. After the inception, some new friends usually talked about ghost stories at our university. I was interested in such plot so much and deliberately looked...
  15. 王泥喜法介

An Unsettled Murder In Nanjing & A Discussion After 12 Years

Personally, China is becoming increasingly free in recent 10 years but the policy regarding news remains conservative. In China, the government and police usually state that all murder cases must be solved completely. Even so, we could read some unsolved cases in public newspapers while the...
  16. 王泥喜法介

A Malicious Male Prostitute & A Fortune-Teller

Technically, this story happened to my friend, not me but I have involved in this story at the final stage. About 2015, my friend, just call her Miss G, attempted to do some business in clothing. To lessen the risk, Miss G found a partner, a 30 years woman, and opened up her clothing shop...
  17. 王泥喜法介

A Strange Room Around A Train Station

Hello everyone, today I will introduce another story in Chengdu, my hometown. In fact, it is a true story, and the plot of this story is highly reliable. However, I cannot guarantee all details here completely because it happened over 20 years ago. Around 20 years ago, the Chinese economy...
  18. 王泥喜法介

A Beheaded Person Purchased Needlework To Seam Himself Up

This is an old story in Beijing, which is believed to happen in the 19th century. A few decades ago, a tailor managed a shop around the south gate of ancient Beijing City. This tailor was so skilful and friendly, so his shop was famous in Beijing. One day, in the middle night, the tailor just...
  19. 王泥喜法介

Bus 375 In Beijing: A Scary Urban Legend

If you ask me to name one of the most famous urban legends in China, I would like to introduce this story at first because almost everyone in China who was born after the 1980s has heard this story. I have read many different versions on the Internet, and I would like to select one which seems...
  20. 王泥喜法介

A Scary Girl In Red (With Video)

This story is a famous urban legend in China(Taiwan). This story is so remarkable because not only it is so scary but also someone recorded what happened. The Video of this story Due to this video is in Chinese, I'd like to give a brief introduction. In 1998, a family visited a mountain in...
  21. 王泥喜法介

The Revenge Of A Trionychidae

In China, a small town along with the Yangzi River abounds with a kind of Trionychidae, and local residents find this Trionychidae delicious, particularly the meat around the shell. Because this piece of meat seems like a skirt of the Trionychidae, local residents call it " Trionychidae's...
  22. 王泥喜法介

Urban Legends In China

Dear Staff and friends, I attempt to introduce a few Chinese urban legends here, and I will update them later. Sorry, Baby (Shanghai上海) If anyone in this forum has visited Shanghai, a central city of China, he or she may have heard about this story because it is so famous and weird. In...
  23. 王泥喜法介

A Story From An Old File: Using Death To Transport Opium

When I was a teenager, I heard about this story, but I deemed it an urban legend at that time. However, two years ago, I read it again from a file, so it may be true. At the beginning of the 20th century, a fat man travelled to Chengdu, a large city in western China, to sell the herbal...
  24. 王泥喜法介

A Chinese Ghost Warden Who Has Changed Fate

I have a friend who is proficient in divination when I was in college. One day, I have asked the girl why she knew such skills so much. And I was shocked because the girl told me that a senior member of her family was a ghost warden. The girl then told me several stories about this senior...
  25. 王泥喜法介

An Invisible Station, The Ghost Sedan: Two Stories in the Subway of Beijing

I have read some strange stories about trains in Russia and the UK. Today, I wish to tell two similar stories but happened in Beijing. It is well known that China has undergone the Cultural Revolution between 1966 to 1976. Since 1976, the authority was aware that we had fallen behind too much...
  26. 王泥喜法介

Some Ghost Stories That Happened In Beijing

For most foreigners, in speaking of China, the first city comes to their brain must be Beijing. As the capital city of China, Beijing is so time-honoured. Since the mid-term of Yuan, Beijing has acted to be the capital, except for a short break at the beginning of the 20th century. For this...
  27. 王泥喜法介

A Famous Ghost Story In Chinese Universities

Dear all, today I would like to share a ghost story in Chinese universities which is called "I am watching you." A few years ago, a young female student leapt to her own death. Afterwards, it is said that this girl would visit the room she committed suicide, however, nobody knew the number of...
  28. 王泥喜法介

A Strange Experience In A Mountain

Today, I'd like to talk about a strange experience in a mountain. In 2002, 16 years ago, I was a teenager at that time. In the summer holiday of this year, I visited a mountain for fun with several friends. In this way, we were attracted by a cabin there because it was so cute. We then...
  29. 王泥喜法介

Some Strange Folklore In China

Long time no sees, friends. Today, I would like to share a few strange folklore in China. 1. If someone has been drowned to be dead, and his or her relatives or best friends come there and call his or her name, the dead would bleed from his/her nose, mouth, ears and eyes. Therefore, in the...
  30. 王泥喜法介

Some Stories About 'Feng Shui' & Chinese Divination

Dear all, have you heard some stories about "Feng Shui" or some other Chinese divination? I suppose they are intriguing and I wish to share some here.
  31. 王泥喜法介

A Strange Death From China

Dear all, I am so glad to be here. Frankly speaking, I am a Chinese policeman who has worked only 2 years. However, I have met several strange cases. Therefore, I wish to discuss them with you. Perhaps some know that such cases are rather sensitive in China. If anybody here wants to hear my...
Back