• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. altered_boy

UFOs Around Anchorage (Alaska)

@EnolaGaia I will be answering your questions as soon as I have some time to sit down uninterrupted. But I just wanted to say that not ten minutes ago my roommate and I watched two more craft fly over us. Same look as usual, silent, and flying very low, towards the Chugach Mountain range. one...
  2. altered_boy

Candidly, I was not upset. I just wanted to dish out a little good "fun" myself. I didn't think much about who the recipients were, the goal was just to clarify that I'm not impressed with accusations of drug abuse. I didn't find it constructive or humorous, and while I think inquiries of all...
  3. altered_boy

Alaska's Underground 'Dark Pyramid'

Al, you've probably made me laugh more than anyone on this forum. This is great. I just hope there isn't any violence over such wild miscommunication about this event. That would be a serious shame.
  4. altered_boy

As an afterthought, I just wanted to say thank you to some of you on this thread. If not for you, us drugged-out simpletons wouldn't be able to tell our asses from our elbows, and I for one am forever indebted to you. if it wasn't for some of you, i would've never been able to realize that I am...
  5. altered_boy

LMAO. good one. that is going to be a helluva interesting day in ufology. Seems like its gotten too big for some people to find the humor in. At this point I'm not wondering if anyone will actually show up, but how many. smh
  6. altered_boy

My UFO Experience: Feinman

All very interesting, feinman. You have read my UFO thread from Alaska, and I find it a fun little tidbit that I lived for a year in Eugene. nice place, I liked it. the rain annoyed me though. for some reason, I'll take snow over rain. anyways, allow me to ask a couple questions, knowing that...
  7. altered_boy

HA! I hear the Indiana Jones music playin the background. Something I've been planning to do for a long time, as my availability for research permits (I have a lot of irons in the fire). In all honestly, I would be pretty scared to go looking for this supposed helicopter pad and mineshaft that...
  8. altered_boy

LMAO don't worry, this is all to be expected when you post these things online. I know the game. not afraid to consider different POVs and also not afraid to call out a troll when I see one. I think I've been pretty civil and open minded with these posts so if any of you wanna start getting...
  9. altered_boy

Hey. How about being a little civil, eh? I haven't taken psychedelics in over three years, and the couple years before that had minimal use. I had my experimentation days but those correlate to one sighting. if you're suggesting that I'm perma-fried then I have nothing to really say to that...
  10. altered_boy

I have thought about this some, and haven't had a chance to thoroughly investigate it. on account of some other pressing research-related projects I have been wrapping up. but since I am finished with those now, and I keep seeing these things in the sky, I will definitely be scouring old reports...
  11. altered_boy

Lol, surely a question worth asking. But I did have my eyes checked by an optician six months ago, and they said I just need reading glasses for long stints in front of a computer or book. And I did actually wear these glasses the night I saw dozens in the sky, but it really doesn't help see...
  12. altered_boy

@skinny I am going to have to reread Carl Jung's "Flying Saucers" because its been so long, but what you are talking about is very much in line with his theories on the phenomena. You're right, there has always been a curve of the sightings changing with the public perspective and media, and...
  13. altered_boy

Very interesting, I will have to look more into what could have potentially induced the problems with DEW or WACS. Agreed. what I mean by "case closed" is more like, this current line of thought has reached its dead end. I think between LMH's ambiguity and the loose ends in practically all...
  14. altered_boy

Well, I am only beginning to flesh this out, and I'm no expert. But I'll lay out the points of interest in the esoteric nature of color and where its pointed the direction of my thoughts. Firstly, found it an interesting side-note that Goethe was a crucial foundation to scientific color theory...
  15. altered_boy

Does Anyone Here Have Psychic Abilities?

I have absolutely had premonitory dreams, but never at my own will. I think if anyone can learn to harness "ESP" its by simply learning to be a good tuning-fork. I don't think its as simple as summoning a vision of the future at will, etcetera. My hunch is that will ultimately has little to do...
  16. altered_boy

I must be lucky or something, because I never in a million years expected to see anything like this, let alone several times, with other people, and in increasing intensities. mind completely blown. definitely gonna aim a camera out my window, and I find anything I'll certainly share it here. I...
  17. altered_boy

SCP Foundation

Recall a name by chance? I bet it wouldn't be hard to find if not. I will check it out! If you're ever looking for an hour to kill before bed or something, I recommend this. So worth it, it was a great blend of everything.
  18. altered_boy

@AlchoPwn and @Frideswide I think LMH started out pretty scholarly, and I personally think she has let too many skeptical military-related people creep into her database, like vampires invited into a home. Definitely why I am skeptical of all ufology as a study
  19. altered_boy

Point taken. Sometimes people lie outright. But if we are wrestling with semantics here I will rephrase my statement a bit: a GOOD LIE has to have a little bit of truth in it. I think this is a fact, because the elements of truth provide the believability. At the very least, this is absolutely...
  20. altered_boy

It is suggested that I wear reading glasses, but I don't yet. I'm young, putting it off while I can. What are you thinking? I'm genuinely open to any reasonable explanations at this point, haha
  21. altered_boy

I can't give a thorough response right now, but just wanted to say that I 100% agree with all the skepticism out there. Howe quoting anonymous military sources screams DISINFO to me. But in every bit of lie there is a truth, right? What if they found an anomalous mineral or metal formation or...
  22. altered_boy

SCP Foundation

Absolutely! The community effect adds a really nice touch. I think Lovecraft would've been proud! I'm actually thinking about trying my hand at some in the near future. Maybe I will post them on this thread if that ever happens. Do you have any favorites you would recommend, video or otherwise?
  23. altered_boy

Alchemy, Hermeticism & Forteanism

y'all really out of ideas for now? lol. my mind has all sorts of stuff we could hash out but I don't need to talk to myself ya know :fetish: I been seeing real weird stuff in the sky around here, made a post about that in ufology. Anyways, mark my words, pretty soon its gonna be trendy to...
  24. altered_boy

Anyone heard of this before? It's the legend of a pyramid underground, like 90 miles west of Denali in Alaska. Its supposed to be 4x the size of Giza, and produces enough electromagnetic energy to power north America if it could be harnessed properly. It's something that has initially been...
  25. altered_boy

As I have said, they move silently, and appear to have a maximum stealthiness--if it wasn't for the blaring red, blue, and white lights that could send an epileptic into a seizure... it's a bizarre dead give-away, and it makes me wonder who else around here has seen these things. more than ten...
  26. altered_boy

Within the last seven days, I have had two major UFO encounters. no close encounters, all aerial sighting from my porch and street. I don't have any footage because I walk around with a flip phone and I'm a poor starving artist, honestly, but now I'm asking all my friends for a high quality...
  27. altered_boy

SCP Foundation

Disclaimer: This looks like the right place to post a thread like this, but if not I apologize. I can relocate, haha. I just wanted to make a brief post about the fiction wiki-dot site called the SCP Foundation? Are any of you familiar with this site? If not, I wanted to casually recommend it...
  28. altered_boy

some musings to add to any conversation here... my gift to the One Year Anniversary, lol. i'm not coming in at this from any particular angle, so here it goes. does it not seem like something is genuinely happening on a grandscale in the world? the internet is like a magnifying glass for the...
  29. altered_boy

you are quite welcome, Frideswide. thank you for finding any interest in it. Today is this thread's One Year Anniversary. Cheers, mates! this conversation has proven far more withstanding and insightful than I expected. this forum overall is a gem of a place. here's to another year of more...
  30. altered_boy

For any of you silent lurkers on this thread, here is the interview that I shared with skinny and Al. Wasn't sure if it was quite "Fortean enough" for this forum, but hey, i'm sure it's fine on this here thread at the very least. my interview on the ABRACAST, with host Jon Towers. great guy...
  31. altered_boy

Well thank you, I genuinely appreciate that. I'll be in touch and let you know when that book is released! It will be before this winter for sure. LMAO oh Al, he can be mouthy. I hope it wasn't anything very serious! when you say "best not to ask what for" it makes me wonder haha, but hey what...
  32. altered_boy

a quote worth sharing: "...that which he [ancient man] could not understand became like a crystal ball, and he looked into it and sought for an explanation. And if he gazed into the ball long enough, he started a problem of psychological projection, and found an impish or diabolic face staring...
  33. altered_boy

From what I can see in the current fields, this is an idea that is REALLY been starting to bubble over lately. its gonna take a while, these things are slow-working, but people are really starting to sink their teeth into these lines of thought. I think from a psychological standpoint, all of...
  34. altered_boy

well I am back, my friend! i'll take some time to look further at this tomorrow. for the last few months I have been worked like a dog between fulltime work and finishing this research novel. but now the final draft of the manuscript is done! :domo::domo::domo:done with edits, fact checks, and...
  35. altered_boy

Societal Complexity Creates 'Big Gods' (Moralizing Deities), Not the Other Way Around

yeah thanks for posting this. i'm gonna have to give this a close read soon. not to be a one-trick-pony here, but that all seems quite Jungian. not surprising. in some ways, the belief is more important than the content of the belief--the beliefs are still quite profound in many cases, but the...
  36. altered_boy

I have always been fascinating with Gaiman's Sandman. Haven't read the entire thing because there is only so much time in the day, but I read a lot of it growing up. been meaning to go back to it. classic! likewise to What Dreams May Come. you'd like it for sure. Hmm, your opinion is fair...
  37. altered_boy

Hey, great points across the board. I'll have to save a thorough reply for after work, but I wanted to share my new chapter to this lil forum real quick. It's not very Fortean in a direct sense, so I don't think I could really justify posting to Announcements, but anyone looking around here and...
  38. altered_boy

Oh wait, a sec, I know Joe Atwill! Never talked to him personally, but I've had a fair amount of correspondence with his colleague, Jan Irvin. Even interview him once, its somewhere on youtube. They talk a lot of CIA and psychedelics, done expose's on the 60's "counterculture". I have read about...
  39. altered_boy

Nice. Hadn't seen that yet, thanks for the heads up.
  40. altered_boy

Ahhh, I certainly see what you're getting at now. What a shame, indeed. Thanks again for turning me onto the subject. Actually, now that you mention, I have always had a "suspicion" that intuition is the part of your psyche that is watching your life in the Life Review portion of the...
  41. altered_boy

Sorry, when I wrote "what do you think? et cetera" I actually meant about reincarnation. That is my bad, I didn't distinguish what I was talking about very well, wrote it a bit hastily. Only ribbing you about being less enlightening--no one is a complete encyclopedia :hoff: If you had to take a...
  42. altered_boy

Regarding skepticism I was going to say something similar to Coal. but Al after your last post, I'd say you've got me convinced. good points. If anything I'd say your accurate deduction is a little reductionist. In the larger scope, I don't see a difference between Hiram the neophyte...
  43. altered_boy

And this is the aside I said I would mention. One of the 32nd degree masons I have talked with in Anchorage dropped some serious nuggets on me when I showed him I knew the language and was asking the right questions. He told me about astrology, tarot, and numerology, but he also told me this...
  44. altered_boy

I'm all for the idea of reincarnation, but the scientific method keeps us skeptical if we use it properly. Lol. Yeah, that's a pretty good way to put it. And I guess that could be interpreted as egocentric, "i'm gonna be me forever", but it's a stab in the dark. its what my rational mind makes...
  45. altered_boy

Alrighty Al, Assuming that everything we have discussed thus far is considered well and good, let's dive into some fresh material. What do you think about reincarnation? :reap::died:To my understanding, Hermeticism remains surprisingly ambivalent to the idea. it really neither confirms nor...
  46. altered_boy

Spiritualism, Theurgy, As Heuristic Phenomenology

Also somewhat interesting to note that Ramona is Capricorn and I am a pisces. earth and water. however much practical information the astrology provides, I certainly made use of the poetic symbolism in the writing. that strikes at the very heart of everything I am talking about. I am not...
  47. altered_boy

Hey Al, many thank-yous for reading. I have worked very painstakingly at this and your compliments note the things I have specifically worked quite hard on. I'm not one to have a big head but all the same I appreciate the regards. :pcheers: it's been a rewarding challenge to write something...
  48. altered_boy

Need I remind you all of William Hurt's great monologue in Altered States: "Our atoms are six billion years old. We've got six billion years of memory in our minds. Memory is energy! It doesn't disappear — it's still in there. There's a physiological pathway to our earlier consciousnesses...
  49. altered_boy

Hello all These chapters do not overtly discuss Forteana, but as most of you are aware, the line between occultism and Forteanism is a slim one. These are the next two chapters in my novel's BETA release. even if you have not read any other chapters, do not be discouraged to take a looksee...
  50. altered_boy

AP, I thought you'd like to know that in my time-zone your last post was at exatly 4:20 AM. you are on-point, my friend! lol The more the merrier, indeed! where you at, forteans :ptask: On a different note, my late reply is on account of working my day job on top of prepping Chapter 7 for...
Back