• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Comfortably Numb

The 18 Oct 1973, Mansfield, Ohio, 'Coyne' Helicopter Case

Although I can't locate an existing thread, please obviously redirect as necessary. I wondered if my recent musings on this case, might be of interest and any feedback would be most welcome. In summary, although familiar with the background, I have never studied it in any great depth, until...
  2. Comfortably Numb

Charles Fort Ancestry Research

If possibly of interest, this is the overall outcome, as things stand. It was never intended to be anything other than an exercise, with no particular objective except curiosity and I wondered how far back it might reach. Having extended both backwards in time and incorporating many more...
  3. Comfortably Numb

Charles Fort Is Directly Descended From The British Monarchy

I shall explain the exact lineage separately...
  4. Comfortably Numb

Charles Fort's Ancestral Scottish Connections

Merely out of curiosity, I had spent some time online, researching Charles Fort's ancestry. To my surprise, if not indeed astonishment, something quite unexpected has transpired. I wondered if Fort's ancestral Scottish connection was known? If not and maybe of interest, I shall provide...
  5. Comfortably Numb

NUFORC, Wendy Connors, And Bob Gribble (Audio Files)

The following link is a comprehensive summary of the inherent, phenomenally priceless, archive research material - a stunning time capsule of ufology in that era. https://ia800208.us.archive.org/2/items/NationalUfoReportingCenterRecordings/NuforcDirectory.txt On the understanding this was...
  6. Comfortably Numb

'Forteans'

'Forteans' "The Fortean power is the unexplained range of ‘miraculous’ abilities possessed by individuals who are generally known in public rumor as Forteans. There is no definite list describing precisely what ‘miracles’ Forteans can perform, and the vast majority of Forteans seem to be...
  7. Comfortably Numb

'UFOs: It Has Begun (1969)'

There is so much, important, background involved, it will hopefully be explained if I simply link to my posting on the Facebook group I administer. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1100706627172357/permalink/1140309563212063/
  8. Comfortably Numb

Scottish Spaceport's Prototype Rocket Unveiled

Scottish spaceport's prototype rocket unveiled Source: BBC Scotland News Date: 11 May, 2022 "The first full-scale prototype of a rocket designed for launching small satellites from a Highlands spaceport has been unveiled. Forres-based Orbex said its final version of the 19m (62ft) long Prime...
  9. Comfortably Numb

Charles Fort's Poltergeist

Came across the following - maybe of interest? Charles Fort (1874-1932) the famed collector of anomalies was the centre of one himself…. By Alan Murdie "So might begin many personal accounts of poltergeist activity. But this one was different. The words are those of Charles Fort himself...
  10. Comfortably Numb

Charles Fort & The Religion Of Self-Respect

I have come upon an article by Tiffany Thayer, which doesn't seem to have featured previously and might be of particular interest: Charles Fort and the Religion of Self-Respect Tiffany Thayer The Humanist No. 2, April 1950 pages 58 - 61 This article, the first of several to appear on...
  11. Comfortably Numb

Proxy Warfare Using Robots; Drones; Etc.

Anyone else remember reading this in the Beano. :p Who would have thought, that one day, we would seriously be talking about remote-controlled, miniature armies... (or suchlike!)
  12. Comfortably Numb

Historic UFO / Ufology Photos: Colourised / Colorized

If perhaps of interest, this was merely out of curiosity. Have to say though, the results have amazed. The app used here was Colorize (there's a 3 day free trial) on an Andoid phone and doubtless similar available for other devices. Certainly brings the photographs more... well, colour...
  13. Comfortably Numb

Exploring 'Fortean Geographies' With The Mothman

I wondered if the following academic publication might be of interest: A benevolent and sceptical inquiry: exploring 'Fortean Geographies' with the Mothman Cultural Geographies Vol. 14, No. 2 (April 2007), pp. 189-210 (22 pages)...
  14. Comfortably Numb

UFOLOGY: A Primer In Audio 1939-1959

A new discovery which might be of interest, the following is an astonishing collection of historical audio clips, including many rare broadcasts. UFOLOGY A Primer In Audio 1939 1959 https://archive.org/details/UFOLOGYAPrimerInAudio19391959Guide/001.mp3
  15. Comfortably Numb

The Fortean Society & Unidentified Flying Objects

If possibly of interest, I have come across the following, remarkable, document which I was entirely unaware of. CHARLES FORT. THE FORTEAN SOCIETY & UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS A survey of the unidentified flying saucer mystery from August, 1895, to August, 1947. by Loren E. Gross privately...
  16. Comfortably Numb

'The Mad Genius Of The Bronx'

The following is resultant from this: 'Suggestions For A Good Read' https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/suggestions-for-a-good-read.13479/post-2104516 It's from a book entitled, 'LOW MAN ON A TOTEM POLE', by H Allen Smith and therein a lengthy chapter, 'The Mad Genius of the Bronx'...
  17. Comfortably Numb

Forteana Crossword

This was an experiment and just a bit of fun. Had the idea earlier today - why not try and create a Forteana themed crossword. I found an app which allows the generated crossword, slightly cryptic, to be saved as a .pdf file and if of interest, have uploaded same: Forteana Crossword No. 1...
  18. Comfortably Numb

Charles Fort: Enfant Terrible Of Science

I had noticed a reference to the following article: Charles Fort: Enfant Terrible of Science by Miriam Allen DeFord The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, January 1954 I have located an online copy of the magazine, which can be downloaded as a .pdf file from...
  19. Comfortably Numb

UFOs & Related Subjects: An Annotated Bibliography

I wondered if this might be of interest and can't see any previous mention within the forums. Posted as a new thread because it encapsulates both historical UFO related archives and our Fortean connection. Should it require to be relocated, apologies for same being necessary. UFOs and Related...
  20. Comfortably Numb

Invisibility Machine (Stephan Pribil(?); 1930s)

(This post / topic spun off from the Herbert Winck invisibility machine thread) Yesterday, when searching for archive photographs of 'ectoplasm manifestation', I came across this photograph by chance. Photographer unknown. The Hungarian engineer Steohan Pribil at the control panel of the...
  21. Comfortably Numb

New Signal Detected In The Human Brain

A Never-Before-Seen Type of Signal Has Been Detected in The Human Brain sciencealert.com 28 June, 2021 Scientists have discovered a unique form of cell messaging occurring in the human brain that's not been seen before. Excitingly, the discovery hints that our brains might be even more...
  22. Comfortably Numb

'Henry Miller & The Fortean Fantasy'

I have come across the following article and maybe of interest? I have referenced the author previously: Thread 'A Collection Of Fortean Biographies' https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/a-collection-of-fortean-biographies.66883/ One measures a circle, beginning anywhere": Henry...
  23. Comfortably Numb

Is There An ‘Underworld' Under The Earth?

IS THERE AN ‘UNDERWORLD’ UNDER THE EARTH, ACCORDING TO A NEW ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIND? archaeology-world.com 23 June, 2001 Excavations at the Yazlkaya Rock Temple in Turkey, which began over 200 years ago, have uncovered an ancient calendar and a map of the cosmos, both of which provide fascinating...
  24. Comfortably Numb

Rare Finger-Like Fungus is Hanging on

This Rare Finger-Like Fungus Is Hanging on For Its Life on a Small Australian Island CARLY CASSELLA 26 JUNE 2021 www.sciencealert.com An exceptionally rare and critically endangered fungus, known as the tea-tree fingers, is rapidly losing its grip on the Australian mainland. Just off the...
  25. Comfortably Numb

Algae Turns Scottish Waters Turquoise

Algae turns Scottish waters turquoise BBC Scotland News 26 June, 2021 Seas around the west coast of Scotland have been taking on a vivid turquoise hue. The picture postcard scenes are believed to be caused by coccolithophore algae bloom. This sheds white calcium carbonate plates - which can...
  26. Comfortably Numb

‘An Outcry Of Silences’

I'm not sure if this is well known and referenced just in case. I can't see any previous mention of it. A fascinating read and if likewise a new discovery, truly recommended. It's available as a .pdf download. ‘An outcry of silences’ Charles Hoy Fort and the uncanny voices of science...
  27. Comfortably Numb

Charles Fort Research Papers

Charles Fort Research Papers Perhaps of interest? https://www.academia.edu/Documents/in/Charles_Fort
  28. Comfortably Numb

YouTube Offerings About Charles Fort

Maybe of interest? Full details (remove @): @https://youtu.be/wRHl8ecLrcY
  29. Comfortably Numb

New Light Shed On Charles Darwin's 'Abominable Mystery'

New light shed on Charles Darwin's 'abominable mystery' By Helen Briggs BBC Science correspondent 23 January, 2020 A scientist has shed new light on the origins of Charles Darwin's "abominable mystery". The famous naturalist was haunted by the question of how the first flowering plants...
  30. Comfortably Numb

Has Thomas Becket's Treasured 'Little Book' Been Found?

Published online earlier today by BBC News, this is one of the most riveting articles I have read during 2020 and I'm sure will equally be enjoyed by others. Has Thomas Becket's treasured 'little book' been found? More has been written about Thomas Becket, the archbishop hacked to death in...
  31. Comfortably Numb

Certain Spider Bites Inject Something Even Worse Than Venom

Scientists Confirm Certain Spider Bites Inject Something Even Worse Than Venom Source: sciencealert.com Date: 4 December, 2020 A tiny brown invasive species of spider that's creeping its way across the UK has a dangerous reputation for dissolving flesh, one that many experts have argued isn't...
  32. Comfortably Numb

A Part of You That Remains 'You'

Brain Scans Confirm There's a Part of You That Remains 'You' Throughout Your Life Source: sciencealert.com Date: 27 November, 2020 At the very core of your identity a kernel of self awareness combines memories of the past with the fleeting sensations of the present, and adds a touch of...
  33. Comfortably Numb

Is Belief In God A Delusion?

Is belief in God a delusion? Source: livescience.com Date: 25 November, 2020 As the pandemic raged in April, churchgoers in Ohio defied warnings not to congregate. Some argued that their religion conferred them immunity from COVID-19. In one memorable CNN clip, a woman insisted she would not...
  34. Comfortably Numb

Theosophy

Would the following possibly be of interest? It's an article reporting the, 'Annual Convention of American Theosophists', from the, 'Sunday Inter Ocean', Chicago, published on 2 April 1888. [Despite a thorough check, unsure if an existing thread is already appropriate]. The extract is...
  35. Comfortably Numb

Vivid Dreams Of Imperfect / Flawed Things

I have the most vivid reoccurring dream. The setting is a large country mansion, the owner is recently deceased and I am attending an auction of his estate belongings. I am firstly at the sale preview, examining prospective items for purchase. Initially, I view a collection of large...
  36. Comfortably Numb

Charles Fort Short Stories

If perhaps not so well known... Charles Hoy Fort's Short Stories Charles Hoy Fort attained an international reputation as the author of four iconoclastic books and was described in his obituary as the "Foe of Science" by the New York Times in 1932. Fort expressed his doubts about prevailing...
  37. Comfortably Numb

Prismatic Stickers / Wallpaper / Art Paper?

{I'm ...} reminded of something I wondered about trying quite some years ago. I might actually experiment with this now. What I have been looking for and having difficulty with finding is the material which is designed to reflect light, similar to a prism. I don't know what it's called - it...
  38. Comfortably Numb

'Vertical Forest' Overrun By Plants And Mosquitoes

A news story from the, 'South China Morning Post' :
  39. Comfortably Numb

Seeking & Accepting Guidance From 'Beyond'

This seems an opportunity to, 'get something off my chest'. It's an occurrence which over the years has come to mind less often, however, when it does, still bothers myself. The background is that quite some years ago, when about 20, I was going through a religious/spiritual, philosophical...
  40. Comfortably Numb

Lecture About Charles Fort

I was browsing YouTube recently for any Charles Fort material I hadn't noticed previously and came across the following. Is this possibly of interest?
  41. Comfortably Numb

The Book Of The Damned - Audio Online

Would this perhaps be of interest? Presuming it's available because there are no longer any copyright issues (otherwise, please of course immediately remove this post):
  42. Comfortably Numb

Barnum and the Welsh Giant (George Auger of Cardiff)

The Greatest Showman: The story of Cardiff's giant BBC Wales News 8 August, 2020 He was billed as the tallest man on earth by The Greatest Showman's famous circus, was said to be a bodyguard to Queen Victoria and has links to the Absolutely Fabulous TV show theme tune. "Captain" George Auger...
  43. Comfortably Numb

A Strange Journey

As I'm not at all sure what to make of this, presumed sensible to keep separate. Essentially, an article published by the Pall Mall Gazette, London, on 20 January, 1880, under the thread heading.. An early, 'contactee'? Honestly not sure I have the gist of it at all.
  44. Comfortably Numb

Camas's Wild Man

From the Wood River Times, Hailey, Idaho, 10 October, 1882. Thoughts on this report?
  45. Comfortably Numb

'Little Mountain Hermit' 1887

As queer a Fortean tale that I have ever come across...
  46. Comfortably Numb

The Birth Of Fortean Times

The birth of Fortean Times, as reported in the Guardian on 21 July, 1991: https://www.newspapers.com/image/258037289/
  47. Comfortably Numb

Newspaper Articles Regarding Charles Fort

Maybe of interest, an article from The News and Observer, 19 October, 1952. It's at the right-hand-side, entitled, 'INCIDENTALLY': https://www.newspapers.com/image/654827879/
  48. Comfortably Numb

Glass Delusion: Bizarre Medieval Affliction

Glass Delusion: Bizarre Medieval Affliction Left People Shattered Source: ancient-origins.net Date: 7 June, 2020 There is a story dating back to the 1960s about a man who overdosed on LSD and became permanently insane. In his insanity, he believed himself to be a glass of orange juice. He was...
  49. Comfortably Numb

One Of The World's Smallest Cats Chirps

One of the world's smallest cats chirps like a wee bird, first-ever audio recording reveals This may be the first-ever published audio recording of the Chilean güiña Source: livescience.com Date: 18 May, 2020 The smallest wild cat in the Western Hemisphere is about the size of a domestic...
  50. Comfortably Numb

Ancient Greek Astronomy

I can't locate a suitable existing thread and thought this might be of interest. Four Discoveries of Ancient Greek Astronomy That Still Baffle Experts Source: ancient-origins.net Date: 27 April, 2020 The Histories by Herodotus (484BC to 425BC) offers a remarkable window into the world as it...
Back