• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Seattle21

Allotment Ghosts

We took on our plot about a year ago after the last owner died. He was called Ken and was a thoroughly nice bloke. We inherited the plot and there was a lot of his old kit still there. An old green mac is hung in the corner of the shed. We've left it there as a sort of acknowledgement that Ken...
  2. Seattle21

Ghosts Of & At Christmas

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there was a thread of Christmas related ghost stories. Not so much the more well known seasonal offerings (MR James, Dickens, Joyce etc) but any tales or experiences of festive frights or Yuletide hauntings? I seem to recall reading in FT many years ago about...
  3. Seattle21

Most Convincing Piece Of Evidence For Supernatural

What is the single most compelling piece of evidence for any supernatural happening or Fortean occurrences you know of?
  4. Seattle21

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

I was read the 3 little pigs often as a young kid and in particular, the UK Ladybird version in the mid 70s. This particular edition was full of what I can only describe as utterly terrifying depictions of the wolf. It gives me the fear just searching the images on Google. I mean, come ON...
  5. Seattle21

Spooks On The Tube: Ghosts Of London Underground

https://londonist.com/london/maps/the-haunted-tube-map?fbclid=IwAR2DmgVhJfN_iIXtIjyXfitMLGbiLiZb9iQ8HB6VM2BI2PtF2SbtDsh-aIk
  6. Seattle21

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

Anyone else watched Hellier on YouTube? I’ve just finished the fifth and final episode. Somewhat anticlimactic despite an interesting start to the series. It seemed like an investigation wanting to be a film, or perhaps a film wanting to be an investigation.
  7. Seattle21

The Ghost in My Bedroom

I didn't...but I do now :)
  8. Seattle21

'Oumuamua: Interstellar Object: Rendezvous With Rama?

I read somewhere that there is discussion, tentative I'd suggest, about sending a probe to Oumuamua. If I recall, there was a suggestion that it could theoretically be done in window of the next ten years, beyond that it'd be too far away.
  9. Seattle21

The Ghost in My Bedroom

I find these particular kinds of anomalies perplexing. Things that appear to change shape as the move through the field of view; this one for instance begins as a spot but then appears to morph, suggesting as it comes closer to the camera it either elongates or we're seeing more of the 'thing'...
  10. Seattle21

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

What a delight to greet you on a Monday morning! I’ll add my own voice to those extending total gratitude and thanks to everyone involved in the change over. You wondered people. Thank you!!!
  11. Seattle21

You Look Just Like...

On more than one occasion I have been likened to Queen guitarist Brian May, without the guitar.
  12. Seattle21

Black Stick Man

Krepostnol, did the woman have a military connection...living on a barracks of some kind? I think I recall the post...
  13. Seattle21

A Bizarre & Nasty Haunting

Revisiting some of my fav threads and this one still gives me the absolute creeps. I use it as an incentive to make sure all my doors and windows are locked before I go to bed as the prospect of a spectral face peering at me through the spindles on the stairs when I go back down to check is...
  14. Seattle21

Are There Any Ghost/Haunting Investigations Worth Watching On YouTube?

Thanks Swifty - I'll take a look.
  15. Seattle21

Absolutely; I suppose I was thinking that there has been a few years since HD quality cameras hit the market and over those years, is it reasonable...(plausible???) to consider that something might have been captured during that time that is so genuinely 'stand out' it would cut through the mire...
  16. Seattle21

It's a good argument for the case that the most un-nerving/chilling/spooky material is still that which is read. Perhaps that's why the FT forum is still going strong after many years. Some kind of video based IHTM would be interesting. It'd certainly make a refreshing change from the sorts of...
  17. Seattle21

Thanks for the replies. Yes, the tidal wave of absolute tat is remarkable. I think there is only one video I have seen on Youtube that genuinely makes me stop and think (not that it's necessarily paranormal, but that I can't readily explain what I'm seeing) is this one... However, this is an...
  18. Seattle21

Hello. I often work long evenings and usually have stretches of time to browse the net at my leisure. Naturally, I am always drawn to FT and Youtube in search of paranormal treasures. I've trawled through YouTube for what must be hours and hours over the years in the vain hope of finding a...
Back