• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. SurrealKangaroo89

False Memories

I have a few false memories from my early childhood. I know they didn’t happen and they are products of my imagination, but they feel real. One is of my family riding in an old fashioned biplane to my aunt’s old apartment. This was really cartoony.
  2. SurrealKangaroo89

A Solitary Paw Tapping On The Windows

It sounds like somebody pranked your daughter. Maybe she imagined the change in perception. I seem to remember, as a kid, looking at things and they seem smaller or larger than they should be.
  3. SurrealKangaroo89

Strange Coincidences?

More coincidences from my life: When I got my last oil change my ticket number was my mom’s birthday (month, day, year). My mom met up with two old friends and it turned out they all had baby boys named Tyler in the spring of ‘92. About a year ago my mom and I both had dreams about buying new...
  4. SurrealKangaroo89

Street Light Interference

Back in the earlier part of this decade, when my brother was away for college and my mom worked in the evenings, my dad and I would often eat at a teriyaki restaurant. It seemed like on our return trip home, this one street light would always dim as we drove past. I’m not sure if it was me, my...
  5. SurrealKangaroo89

Strange, Lost Old Man

A very intertesting story. I’m leaning towards the man had a mental problem such as a stroke rather than an attempted abduction. I know anything is possible, but I think if the OP was younger and/or female it would sound like a sketchy character up to some shady stuff.
  6. SurrealKangaroo89

Serious Weirdness: The Godhead

This is a very intertesting story. Your son probably just meant it looked magical and that’s why he called it God’s Head.
  7. SurrealKangaroo89

Weird Conversations & Interactions Involving Mistaken Identity

This reminds me of about a year ago I got a voicemail from some company that addressed me by my name saying that they received my message about grading and moving dirt on my property. I never called this company. I’ve never heard of them. I don’t even own property. I have no idea how they got my...
  8. SurrealKangaroo89

Pareidolia

This is the door of my parents house. Am I the only one who sees a camel’s head?
  9. SurrealKangaroo89

Strange Coincidences?

My library uses a patron’s last name plus the first three letters of their first name to label items on hold. For example something belonging to a Mary Johnson would be Johnson Mar. There is another person with my last name and similar first name who uses the library. Their stuff is always...
  10. SurrealKangaroo89

The Transdimensional Gas Station

I realize this thread is 13 years old, but the OP’s story is simply amazing. I totally believe him. If he’s lying, he needs to be writing novels.
  11. SurrealKangaroo89

My First "Person" Vardoger

I’m not sure if this is the proper thread, but I will share my story. In July of 2010 I met my mom and grandma at a restaurant for lunch. They still had errands to run after lunch and I drove straight home. I was in my bedroom for about a half an hour when I could of swore that I heard the...
Back