• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. mummyknave

Coincidences

^The number of the beast always sounded like 100100100100100100101010101010111111 (six hundreds six tens and six) to me so back when the search engines used to work googled it. I got a single hit. It was for an individual who lived and oversaw land in a place where I believe the only...
  2. mummyknave

Taking The Piss: Weird Wee Stories

I've heard of a few incidents of individuals being badly shocked or electrocuted while urinating on electrical transformers or third rails.
  3. mummyknave

Coincidences

I don't know for certain, of course. But I was in Chicago at about that time and did see a man in the street. He didn't appear to be a bum. The dust jacket didn't provide a great deal of detail and I didn't remember a lot of detail anyway. I had felt guilty about it for years especially after...
  4. mummyknave

Coincidences

Here's a good one. I read a book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance back in the mid-'90's. It made a huge impression on me and I went back to read the introduction and dust jackets. The author told the story of having a convulsion on the streets of Chicago and everyone just walked...
  5. mummyknave

What Horrible Things Did We Do To Our Penises Last Year?

I think I'dda just used my own bolt cutters to avoid the embarrassment. I always look for anyone else to blame and women are the best. All my friends know I'm just kidding.
  6. mummyknave

What Horrible Things Did We Do To Our Penises Last Year?

Then it was her fault for saying "yes". It's always a woman.
  7. mummyknave

The Darwin Awards

The second hottest summer in Chicago last century was 1988. It was over 90 most days and over 100 about 15 times. For some reason the weather service has omitted most of these from the records. 1935 was much hotter but in Chicago it rained. It didn't rain in 1988. I was surprised that...
  8. mummyknave

The Darwin Awards

I tend to agree. Everyone does some dumb things and I just pray I'll live through mine. Some of the award "winners" are rather humorous though.
  9. mummyknave

The Darwin Awards

The hottest I've experienced was only about 110 degrees but here in the Great Plains we can get dew points up over 80 degrees fahrenheit. These kinds of dew points are brutal because sweat won't evaporate and the heat becomes stifling. It feels like you're drowning. Throw in temperatures...
  10. mummyknave

Militant Or Closed-Minded Skeptics

I've mentioned the Egyptians knew ice and gotten the same response but the writing refers to hail storms so of course they knew ice. It gets cold enough they could make it through an evaporative process but everyone thinks ancient people were idiots. They were also familiar with the the...
  11. mummyknave

Militant Or Closed-Minded Skeptics

There's a site with both unexplained and mysteries in its title with a forum for things unexplained and virtually every poster believes all things are not only well explained but they personally have the answers. If you argue with them the moderators will close the thread. I can kindda...
  12. mummyknave

Coincidences

I unloaded many of the iron ore carriers. The Edmond Fitzgerald sank the year before I started. Lake Michigan is relatively small and shallow and gets almost no tide at all because its oriented more north/ south. But it has some odd effects because cold air pours down the warm lake in the...
  13. mummyknave

Timekeeping (Clocks, Horology, Methods, Standards)

I don't either but I do know bolts rarely strip in such a manner. Some metric sizes are extremely close to the same size as English and they are substituted some times.
  14. mummyknave

Actually, no it isn't. 12 noon falls in the middle of the day but is neither AM (before noon) nor PM (after noon). If it were 12 PM it would make midnight 12 AM by default. This is a simple enough problem with many many ways to fix it but the UN can't even do this in 75 years.
  15. mummyknave

I worked at a plant that had an entire train load of material scheduled to arrive at midnight Tuesday. Like some people the dispatcher believed midnight was the first moment of the day. But the guy he talked to had though it was the first moment of the day so the crew was called out a day...
  16. mummyknave

I've found about 80% of Americans think midnight is at the end of the day and 20% at the beginning. I don't think most people think about it at all.
  17. mummyknave

The strange thing to me is the same clowns who give us an hour just to take it away again can't even figure out that noon is neither AM nor PM and that midnight falls between days and not on the proceeding or following. If you're supposed to meet someone midnight Saturday you better confirm she...
  18. mummyknave

I worked swing shift so long that I didn't really experience jet lag. I've been "retired" for so long now that even the one hour can have an effect for a couple of days. And for at least a week the clock appears to be an hour off. It's annoying.
  19. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

This is just unbelievable. Seven years ago they finally used century old technology to see how the pyramid was built but these results were never released to the public and even withheld from Egyptologists. Now it's been two weeks since the completed study has been available and not a...
  20. mummyknave

Coincidences

My niece ran into her teacher in a restaurant five states away while on Christmas vacation.
  21. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

Oh, and a write up on his proposal; https://exarc.net/issue-2014-3/at/reinventing-egyptian-pulley
  22. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

There is an interesting development. Some expert has picked up on my contention that the Egyptians could have had a simple pulley without having one like ours. I believe that the referent for "dm-sceptre" is a three part pulley like ours now. I proposed this back in 2007...
  23. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

I actually wrote this back on March 22nd and left it on my desktop waiting for it to disappear. These usually have a life expectancy of about 4 days. I guess I should post it; " The people lived in a city and were 4000 men women and children a "half mile" ahead of the House of Life. It was...
  24. mummyknave

Human Population Growth & Overpopulation

I don't think there's a problem with overpopulation. There is a major problem that our leaders think there is overpopulation and want to take care of that problem. These idiots believe that people eat cows, cows fart cause global warming, the people have t go. As long as we keep voting for...
  25. mummyknave

Coincidences

Speaking of gods being mad; I might be the anti-george bailey. Not that my life sucks or I made it worse for those around be but just as a butterfly in China causes a hurricane a week later I've always suspected that if any single thing in my life had gone differently I'd have died or...
  26. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

Tracing proper nouns over 4800 years is an impossibility. As a guess it's probably a confused modern term that means something like "pyramids". The ancient name "Mouth of Caves" referred to the entire region from Meidum to Giza. and Abu Wawash. It was called "Rosteau" to the builders. It...
  27. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

The original geyser and the largest in Egypt was probably near the center of the Great Pyramid in a place we call "The Grotto". It was moved to the north to build G1 and this same water source and structure above it might have been used to build both G1 and G2. G3 was likely built using a...
  28. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

I know literally hundreds (thousands really) of things about the construction and couldn't possibly begin to list them in a single post. Before I begin please remember that all of these things are deductions and any or all could be wrong but I believe the broad strokes are correct. The men...
  29. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

My participation here is a little more important to me than this specific thread.
  30. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

There are anomalies associated with every theory no matter how sound it is. If it were established knowledge based on experiment that the pyramids were built with linear funiculars powered by CO2 geysers there would still be evidence for other beliefs, interpretations and hypotheses. Obviously...
  31. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

The water sprayed up and was caught. It spayed 81' 3" which is the height of heaven.
  32. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

They had a brake. They could be designed to have a sufficiently low terminal velocity but the ones for G1 had brakes so they could reduce the cycle time.
  33. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

No. You got it. A couple things though. First these systems (called the "Bull of Heaven" were very finely balanced and required little work to reset. Indeed the most work was lifting all that rope on the north side to pull the dbdndr-boat back down into position. This rope weighed (net)...
  34. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

I'm losing a little interest in defending this here. I'll stick around but might not defend this theory much longer. I actually know a great deal more about exactly how the pyramid was built then I've ever let on. A great number of details emerge from reverse engineering it than anyone...
  35. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

I'm sure there's something to it but I believe more than 98% of the Great Pyramid is natural limestone. Most of the rest is granite. There are some confounding factors here. Not only did the Egyptians make a pretty good calcium carbonate mortar but they made other mortars as well. There is...
  36. mummyknave

Strange Motorcycle Accidents

Last year my cousin was sitting on his bike wishing he didn't have a broken arm so he could ride. The bike fell over and nearly broke his leg, too.
  37. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

You misunderstood something or other. I love modern science. I've considered myself a scientists since I was three years old and a metaphysician at five. Modern science and reason are the only tools we have at this time to seek the truth. Egyptology is no kind of science at all. It is...
  38. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

Modern funiculars are dependent not only on steel cable but steel pulleys and modern bearings as well. But modern funicular bend the cable 180 degrees in two places and that would be very hard on rope. It could be done and ancient rope was strong enough but the system would be unwieldy, low...
  39. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

They are NEVER going to prove me or anyone else right or wrong. Egyptology refuses to even gather the evidence necessary to form hypothesis. It's not really possible they'll ever test theory or perform experiment. We'll only know "they mustta used ramps" till the end of time or Egyptology...
  40. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

I love Kathleen Martinez and the passion and energy that she brings to the field; It's almost like Egyptology isn't long dead in a 19th century rut.
  41. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

Here's a current example.
  42. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

The language is untranslatable. Words are far more translatable. There is simply no word that means or implies "thinking". This would suggest they did not experience "thought". They did perceive they were "thinking" or they would have a word for it. This is what they said instead of...
  43. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

I seek truth. My earliest memories (other than various tactile and sensory memories) are trying to understand the nature of thought. In a very real sense this is what my entire life has been about and how I got to my current largely unenviable condition. I didn't think like other people even...
  44. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

Mebbe I shouldda phrased it differently; I have a great deal of respect for the expertise of almost every Egyptologist. Some of them are remarkably ignorant of many things we take for granted. An uncomfortably large minority believe in magic and the power of superstition. Many come from...
  45. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

If 4.2 x 10 ^ 799,999 monkeys had two tries you'd need a mere 2.1 x 10 ^ 799,999 monkeys instead.
  46. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

I find it mind boggling that there are no two identical objects in reality and every moment which is effectively infinitesimal in duration is determined by everything else in existence while having an effectively infinite number of outcomes. These moments are strung together logically and...
  47. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

Knock knock. Who's there? Egyptologist Egyptologist who? Exactly!
  48. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

What evidence? It is what it is. He refers to scientists as "amateurs" and claims to know everything about the Giza Plateau. I have no beef with Dr Hawass and support him far more than many of his Peers. I believe he's done a superb job of protecting the sites and keeping politics out of...
  49. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

I could observe that reality is tiny on both ends and very large in the middle but it would be taken as being flippant and is a big understatement. So let's just say there is nothing at all profound about the idea that all things come about naturally. This is less true for modern humans but...
  50. mummyknave

The Gods Are Mad

Of what is 20 Peers and 20 et als required to change a light bulb?
Back