• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. C

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

Morning, sorry not to have been on this awhile,busy and all that. Anyhow, the dream I had last night was a bit of a dozy for me and quite upsetting. I'm in a waiting room and there must of been about 15-20 people there, can't remember why we were waiting but it felt like we were dead!!!! While I...
  2. C

Morning, haven't been online for a while( usual managerial crap etc at work!!!). Anyway,had a crap night's sleep,ddreamt this morning that I was in a large Manor House and there were people from work, some that left recently ( which due to the above in brackets, quite a lot). So, everyone there...
  3. C

Morning, well had a few last couple of weeks that I unfortunately can't remember but got a feeling that I was in the 30's but still had modern tech!!! Anyway, last night's ones were.... Had an argument about the possessions in my house were not mine, including a bike, very physical that...
  4. C

Morning, had another one last night. I'm in an office block fighting aliens, now this really got me, I was zapping them with a plug in soldering iron!!!! So everytime I'm zapping them, I have to plug in the soldering iron. Not only that but there's a crowd of American soldiers from the 50's...
  5. C

Evening, had a couple of dreams during the week. First one was, I was sitting on a swivel chair but rolling down the street( more like bombing down the street). Thing was, I could see all around me without motion sickness. And then I just came to a stop, no slowing down, just stopped, that's...
  6. C

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

Been watching Dark Docs on YouTube, which is quite good, top5s etc. Also been watching Joolz guides. He's does guides around London and in one video, he went on a haunted walk, he's a good laugh. I watch them when I do the washing up, makes the time go quick.
  7. C

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Funny you should mention Scrooge, Michael59,me and the missus went to the Charles Dickens museum last Monday. So maybe that influenced it, I don't know. As a premonition, hope not.
  8. C

Afternoon, bit if a weird one this. I dreamt last night that I was at a funeral and went to have a look at the hearse and saw the coffin... it had my name on it!!!! I couldn't see any of my relatives or friends/workmates. I went to the chapel/church and it was a bun to get to the front but it...
  9. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Spud, the only Fat Albert I know, was an American kids cartoon about the antics of an African American gang of kids, hope that helps. Just come back from a trip to Canterbury, we had a problem with the Wi-Fi in Canterbury, couldn't get a signal. We may get a signal for a while and then it would...
  10. C

People Who Feel Wrong

Morning Blunderman, that sounded bloody scary!!!! Glad you didn't see him again. Do you think he was a paramilitary member, like you mentioned in your story, in disguise to scare someone off?
  11. C

Giving Up On FT

Miss Violet,what Roswell film theory? Is it in another thread? It sounds really interesting.
  12. C

Mystery Bodies: Human Remains Unclaimed, Unexplained & Unidentified

Hope they find who they are, be peace of mind to their relatives.
  13. C

Walking Pace & Rate Of Physical / Cognitive Aging

I am a fast walker, I believe that goes back to when I was at school and hurrying up to get to school and it went on from there, use to do my post delivery round fast enough. Recently though, I have slowed down a bit, I have a heart condition as well INT21, but it's not through that. It's more...
  14. C

Experiences With The Ouija Board (IHTM)

Going to miss that, we're going to Salem next April ( well, fly to Boston first and then spend our first few days at Salem).
  15. C

Absolutely weird one for me last night. I'm in our bathroom working on it(?) and I was trying to rescue someone from it(?). Anyway, the wall where the taps are suddenly opened and there was a Roman street scene, people were running about. Suddenly, one of the Weeping Angels came screaming out at...
  16. C

Stone Circles Causing Shocks (Electrical Sensations)

I would rather buy the book at the charity shop then online, at least when you finish with a book, you can either lend it to someone to read or give it to another charity shop for them to sell.
  17. C

Stone Circles Causing Shocks (Electrical Sensations)

You probably find those Time Life books somewhere in your local charity shop. Might have a look myself!!!!
  18. C

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

Can't remember if I put this on another thread, but I remember that we were told that our local Manor House had a tunnel connected to the Tower of London, also that an over grown house was haunted. Seen the house recently and it looks nice and has been extended.
  19. C

Identifying Some 1970s Supernatural TV Dramas (UK)

Back again Gordon and yes, you're right it was him. Poor bloke died in 2008, checked his filmography and he was in Ace of Wand in a three parter as Mr Peacock. Such an accomplished actor to star in two series that scared the hell out of you once and made you laugh in another series.
  20. C

Thanks Gordon, but may have to check IMDb, as I can't place the name to the face, be back in a mo!!!
  21. C

People Who Feel Wrong

Swiftly, I know how you feel. I've got two knobs I work with. Had a right argument with one of them a couple of years ago and the next day went to my managers and told them what happened. I honestly thought that I would be suspended but they knew who I meant and was moved that day, mind you I...
  22. C

I remember seeing an episode or part of an episode of Ace of Wands, starring the actor who was in Porridge as a prison warden. He was a scary bloody bloke in the episode and I think it may have been a two parter. Wish I could remember his name!!!!
  23. C

Mindar The Android Priest

Looks bloody scary to me!!!!
  24. C

Given Time Travel, Where & When Would You Want To Travel?

EG, I would love one of them at home. It'll be better than watching TV!!!!
  25. C

Morning all, I've been thinking about your views on time travel and where to go and yes, to all of the above but what if it was that you could only observe and not do anything to change history? My reasoning is this( and it's maybe come up earlier and I have not read the post fully), if you did...
  26. C

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

Morning, my colleague, who I mentioned on my post in July, liked the replies but to him it still didn't really answer his query of why there was no dust in the landing pads on the Lunar Module. As an ex- rocket engineer, he said there should've been dust on there as there was dust for the...
  27. C

Teen Becomes Blind From Long Term Junk Food Diet

Zeke, I never intentionally meant my post to insensitive to our poster but it makes mad that our younger generation are eating crap that has given them illnesses and has no nutrition value at all. I'm sad and upset for both our poster and the young lad going blind. Ihope that they get the...
  28. C

Teen Becomes Blind From Long Term Junk Food Diet

Thanks EG, on a side note, my missus found a set of vouchers for money in Maccy D's and left for my youngest son. Now, even though he's a fussy eater and has always been, he likes his fruit and veg. Maybe the young lad 's parents in my above post either couldn't afford fruit or veg(?),gave it to...
  29. C

Who Carries Out Tests Upon Themselves?

After and during treatment for my heart attack over 3 years ago, my consultant mentioned a device called Kardia. It's and app you can get on your phone with a device that you put against the phone, press two fingers each on the device and within a minute you get an ECG of your heart and the...
  30. C

How Did You Discover Fortean Times Magazine?

First time I saw the FT was at Forbidden Planet in the early 80's when they were at Denmark Street. Timble2, definetly remember Dark They Were And Golden Eyed, just off Wardour Street. That took back a few years!!!!
  31. C

Morning, dreamt that I was meeting my nephew who was in the forces in my dream. With me was his Mum and I got the impression my Mum was with us, anyhow, when I went up to greet him, I was smaller then him( I'm over 6ft tall and his about 5ft 10 ish). We went into a huge hall, loads of family...
  32. C

FT382

Morning, half way through reading latest issue, had a laugh about the stories regarding the parrots!!!!
  33. C

Morning, I would love to see who the Ripper was, JFK etc, but the one thing that gives me second thoughts, is if you do go back in time to see those events, won't you somehow change your own timeline in someway? For instance, you go back to your own"timeline" but the place you live or work at...
  34. C

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

Morning, whilst having a quite few minutes at work, we talked about the moon landings and one of our colleagues said that when the Lunar Module landed, why was there no moon dust in the lander's concave pads? He said they must've been some dust there but there is none in any of the photos. That...
  35. C

Does Magick Work?

At least the Romans had a good try
  36. C

Does Magick Work?

37. C

Morning, my missus said she dreamt that there was a snake in the back garden.... Wearing a jumper!!!! She said I took if off the snake and it was wearing another one!!!
  38. C

Morning, dreamt that I was putting up a wall at the end of our garden but found I was going backwards and forwards trying to figure how to do it but in my head I could visualise how to it in my head. Got to Google these dreams I'm having!!!
  39. C

Are Robins Symbols Of Dead Loved Ones?

Morning, a couple of weeks ago myself and the missus, went to Bletchley Park and at the end of our tour, we went to the Polish War Memorial there and to our surprise saw a robin. He was quite big for a robin, or bigger than the ones I've seen. He looked so tame that if I held my hand out to him...
  40. C

Morning, dreamt that I was at a table with 3 people and were playing cards. One of the players was well shifty, the player on my right had a pile of money in front of her, the shifty geezer had his hand over her money and I saw that notes were palmed. I wanted to slap his hand but couldn't move...
  41. C

50 Years Since Apollo 11 Landed

Morning, remember seeing Apollo 11 taking off but fell asleep through the moon landing. Went to Kennedy Space Centre years ago and when on a tour around the space centre and was impressed with the control room.
  42. C

General Book Thread: Solicit Opinions Or Review!

Morning folks, just bought with me books tokens for me birthday, just bought last two Bryant & May books and Lies Sleeping, the new Peter Grant book. Can highly recommend them both. Have laugh out loud will reading the Bryant & May on the tube to work, the stares I got from the rest of the...
  43. C

Witnessing Death

Morning Elprincipeseo, sorry for you and your family for the passing of your Nan. I have dreamt of my Mum and Dad and it has gave me some comfort. This year is 30 years since my Dad died and it's a poignant year, as my Mum shares the same birth date as my brother and brother- in- law, who will...
  44. C

Strange Coincidences?

Morning,yes Catseye, it is a small world. On my way to work yesterday, sat next to a woman you just stared at me. She said that I looked familiar, asked me about a school that me kids went to, she went to the same school but was two years older than my kids..... Even weirder, was the woman...
  45. C

Anyone Heard Of The Port Chicago Explosion?

Afternoon Bigphoot, did manages to find some film on YouTube and also one from All Time Conspiraces. The first film was done by students about 2-3years ago.
  46. C

Anyone Heard Of The Port Chicago Explosion?

Morning, wonder if anyone has read about the Point Chicago explosion. I read about it in the conspiracy book and it stated that the explosion could've been an atomic bomb going off. Threre is supposedly film of the explosion but I haven't seen it( Must check on YouTube in a minute). Apparently...
  47. C

Oops! The Silly Mistakes Thread

Accidentally locking myself in the back of a van while searching it!!!!!Had to phone a workmate to get the driver to open it.Workmate laughed his bloody socks off. Had visions of being driven off somewhere on the airport.
  48. C

Pennies From Heaven (Coins Falling Before You)

Morning Dick, never really saw them when he was alive and weren't sure if he had a will.
  49. C

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Bloody hell, Henry!!! Bet that gave you a fright!!!!
  50. C

Jack The Ripper (Compendium Thread)

Morning, saw the trailer for the BBC documentary, which looked good,but it didn't say when it was going to be shown. Even looked on their website but no joy!!!!
Back