• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Reverend D

Contour Lines

Can anyone help with this? Many years ago, I was shown by someone outdoorsy how to translate contour lines from a map into a side-on outline of the hill itself. Unless he was making it up and trying to impress me, this guy was able to use the individual contour lines to gradually build...
  2. Reverend D

Harry Price Borley Rectory book on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Most-Haunted-House-In-England-Harry-Price-1980-Ex-Library-Hardback-/144272088233?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0 I'm selling this due to lack of space and a sudden enthusiasm for decluttering. No idea what it's worth (if...
  3. Reverend D

Practical Time Travel Book Needs A Good Home

Practical Time Travel: How to reach back to the past by occult means, by Colin Bennett. 1980 paperback, free to a good home. First to PM me can have it. Will post to UK only, for reasons of cost.
  4. Reverend D

Having A Clearout - Fortean Books On eBay

Hi all, I've been having a clearout of a whole load of books, and have some Fortean-related stuff now listed on eBay, which I'd love to go to a good home! Click here to have a look - a few books on UFOs, ghosts, ancient astronauts, lake monsters etc with more to follow over the next day or two...
  5. Reverend D

W. Raymond Drake

Just realised yesterday that there is no thread on the forum about W.Raymond Drake - a writer who wrote books on what is now called Ancient Aliens, and who actually predates Erich von Daniken on the topic. I discovered him in the late 80s in a second-hand bookshop where I had bought a copy of...
  6. Reverend D

Loch Vaa & Its Fluctuating Water Levels

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-52444082 Interesting story here, the water levels which inexplicably dropped have now risen higher than ever. Any thoughts/ ideas/ theories?
  7. Reverend D

Michael Sheen & UFOs

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/michael-sheen-claims-home-town-20637699 Article with Michael Sheen out of that film about Brian Clough talks about UFOs in his home town of Port Talbot and his own sighting too. Not the first time that Wales has been reportedly a place of high UFO...
  8. Reverend D

FT308: Mystery Story Request By Robert Damon Schneck

So, reading few a few back issues t'other day, I found this request from Robert Damon Schneck where the editors had been unable to track down the original story: It was a small item that ran 10 or 15 years ago. The witness claimed to have visited an abandoned industrial site where he saw small...
  9. Reverend D

Children Of The Dog Star

Anyone else remember watching this nice little fortean-themed TV series in the early 80s? It was a children's drama set in New Zealand that was influenced by the stories of the Dogon tribe and their connection with Sirius. Lovely creepy little programme, especially when the vanes around the...
Back