• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Bad Bungle

Was Oliver Cromwell Kidnapped By A Monkey?

Applying Betteridge's law of headlines, the answer is "no" and this will be a very short thread. Indulge me please: I first read the story in a Ladybird book complete with an illustration: Oliver Cromwell (an Adventure in History) in Primary School, which related how as a baby the future Lord...
  2. Bad Bungle

Staging Magic: The Story Behind The Illusion (Exhibit)

Harry Price (of Borley Rectory fame) amassed a "Magical Library" of around 13,000 volumes on magic, parapsychology, witchcraft, psychical research and the like, which were bequeathed in 1948 to the UCL Senate House Library (Camden New Journal yesterday). Price was also an amateur Magician and...
  3. Bad Bungle

80s Treasure Map TV Programme

Can anyone remember a documentary on telly from the '80's (maybe) about a young chap who finds or inherits a treasure map and decides to check it's authenticity with a few of his Public School chums and a Film Crew ? I think they wound up on a small uninhabited Caribbean island (may have been...
  4. Bad Bungle

What Spooked Your Granny?

We have a thread for modern Urban Legends but what are the legends and Folklore that were told to earlier Generations ? Were there Phantom Hitch-hikers before the widespread use of automobiles and aeroplanes ? Were there hiders-in-the House before telephones and computers, could you make people...
  5. Bad Bungle

Dagon Priest Images On U.K. Building?

I gave my FT collection away a couple of years ago and I really want to check a reader's letter in a back issue. He said he saw an incongruous relief of Dagon Priests in fish Rainments on a large Library or Municipal building (UK) and I wondered if some-one could tell me where ?
Back