• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. J

"Meeting Nicola"

Well here is the place to share them! Even if explainable, sure people would love to hear them if you're comfortable sharing
  2. J

"Meeting Nicola"

Would it have worked if she'd been blonde, like you say? I wonder...if she exuded the same presence then maybe, everyone has a 'type' but have been surprised at my sudden attraction to men who don't fit that, and maybe the type wasn't as fixed as i thought it was. Have you asked Frank what he...
  3. J

"Meeting Nicola"

Frank sounds handsome & i probably would have spoken to him (even these days - i have been chatted up occasionally in modern times! But i would generally stay standing still, have a chat & they would ask for your number / instagram or snapchat. I have also chatted men up in my life - shoot your...
  4. J

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

This may be on here already but i just found this link to loads of reddit threads which someone compiled - perfect for a rainy autumn afternoon: My huge collection of paranormal-themed askreddit threads - Paranormal
  5. J

More Tales From My Guests

Love your updates - things like this especially are very uplifting. Can't add anything but always read with interest!
  6. J

Highest Strangeness: Everest Oddities, Excesses & Risks

Wonder how covid has affected the climbing season this year - a lot of trips must have been cancelled, a chance for the mountain to breathe maybe but what of the local community working from the industry? Enjoy reading / watching anything to do with mountain climbing, the heights, dangers &...
  7. J

The Haunted Houses I Grew Up In

If i was one of the girls, to be fair i'd rather believe that it was lads messing around (and it is generally a much more likely explanation, although not in your case) sounds like a very unnerving place, a gripping account there
  8. J

The Haunted Houses I Grew Up In

Absolutely fascinating! Did the girls believe you weren't trying to scare them? Did you tell them what happened to you? Don't know how you managed to stay there again a few years later!
  9. J

An Odd Thing That Happened In A Men's Room

Got my own haunted bathroom experience on here somewhere, not sure how to link to it though. They certaintly are places where you can just 'be' for a little while
  10. J

Body Odour & Hygiene Habits

Can't even imagine how bad it must have been, sure people were all a bit 'nose blind' as everyone must have been the same but wow - not to mention unwashed hair, unbrushed teeth, unwashed clothes, no products....how do any of us exist?
  11. J

Body Odour & Hygiene Habits

Let me start by saying i shower every day & am a normal clean person - but recently have been giving some thought to this whole topic Several years ago i had an ex boyfriend who lived a couple of hundred miles away. I'd work in London & then travel up on a Friday evening to see him (i was...
  12. J

Top Hat Man

This gives me chills! With the man picking up the blanket and letting himself out of the front door, could it actually have been a real person? Terrifying & hope things got easier for your brother, sorry for your loss
  13. J

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Probably not - guess it depends how fashionable he was! I could totally tell someone dressed in different style to now (mid 00s it was all dangerously low slung jeans & big chunky belts, not like now), although the 90s appear to be back. Easier with females i think. And i like my clothes. And...
  14. J

Caesar’s Nightclub Streatham

Infernos in clapham is fun :p clapham is a really good night out, great vibe there
  15. J

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Amazing - timeslip? Was the man dressed in the style of a particular time
  16. J

The Death Of Christopher McCandless ("Into The Wild")

Have never seen the film but read the book a few years ago - beautifully written, he was maybe idealistic and romantic but survived far longer than i ever would out there! It always struck me that in all that wilderness out there, he was actually only a couple of miles from civilisation but...
  17. J

The Scariest Fortean Thing Ever To Happen To You

I can't remember the name first hand - but a quick online search suggests it must be cos the village is tiny (and beautiful!)
  18. J

Saturn Return

I'm quite into astrology, although can't really say i noticed the Saturn return especially. But i've got my full natal chart and like to check my transits to see how / if it relates to what's going on. Maybe the Saturn return depends on the rest of your natal chart to what extent it's felt?
  19. J

Strange Coincidences?

This warms my heart - it's things like this that make me think that nothing is coincidence, that was meant to be and somehow things are stage managed from somewhere else - there's more at work than we realise (just my opinion of course)
  20. J

Giving Up On FT

The one i've followed seems to tag one of the writers i think (P Laws?) so i'm hopeful it's real, it's quite good as well, will be a shame if it's fake
  21. J

The Scariest Fortean Thing Ever To Happen To You

Not the scariest fortean thing, but something that has stayed with me: in 1994, i was 8 years old and my year group had been taken on a school trip from south london to the village of Shere in surrey. It was a beautiful place - it felt like a thousand miles from home and i now realise it really...
  22. J

Giving Up On FT

I can't tell if it's the exact same profile, but the IG i found first posted on 17th October (at least that's the earliesr post) and the website it directs you to does seem to be the real FT website, so i'm hopeful it's the real thing
  23. J

Giving Up On FT

Oh no - if it's fake then it's pretty good to be honest & probably something that should be given a go by the real FT!
  24. J

Giving Up On FT

The instagram looks pretty good - if it's legit then a good way to get word of it out there
  25. J

Giving Up On FT

I just found Fortean Times on instagram - is that the official page? Digital downloads of mags & a great looking mug! Looks like the FT has been hashtagged over 1,000 times - there's an interest in this sort of thing for sure (whispers about ghosts and the like rush around my office from us...
  26. J

You Look Just Like...

An ex boyfriend used to say i looked like megan fox which pleased me a lot and a different person said that in a film of his life that megan fox would play me. I'll take it happily although i don't quite see it myself!
  27. J

M25 Ghost?

Fascinating - how long did you see her for? You say she seemed surprised to see you (car, modern clothes), makes me think possible timeslip? Was there anything else odd about the environment (radio signal, mobile reception)? When you see something so out of place it's unnerving (my thread 'a...
  28. J

Giving Up On FT

I am early 30s - Instagram is my go to place (and my friends - not everyone has facebook anymore, mine was de-activated a long time ago and it seems to be considered a bit old fashioned)
  29. J

It Happened To Us: IHTM Incidents With Multiple Witnesses

I am fascinated by things like this - did your son say anything else about before he was born or where/how he followed you?
  30. J

Pennies From Heaven (Coins Falling Before You)

In February this year, it was 2 years since my lovely grandad passed away. On the anniversary, i spent a few minutes in the morning thinking about him & saying a prayer for those who might need extra comfort that day. Then i left and went to work as usual. I get the bus a few stops before...
  31. J

Funeral Strangeness (IHTM)

This is incredible, did anyone know who the dog belonged to or where it went? Sounds like the most uplifting thing at such a sad time
  32. J

Childhood Impressions

That was very interest That was very interesting, didn't know any of that My experience felt less dream like & more like semi waking with a sense of knowing (like when you start to wake up & think is my alarm about to go off, what day is it?), there was no imagery or words that i would...
  33. J

Childhood Impressions

Thanks for sharing your dream, just read the link - very moving and vivid, sorry to hear you went through such a tough time & hope life has been kinder since. It's hard to scrutinise dreams isn't it, as it's hard to convey in words to other people. I guess if it feels different & there's a deep...
  34. J

Childhood Impressions

What were your precognitive dreams (if you don't mind saying of course) & did they have a different feel from ordinary dreams?
  35. J

Childhood Impressions

You may well be right - i'll let you know if i ever get there! Dreams and semi waking states are a strange place of blurred lines & blended realities & definately think there are messages there - whether they come from within or somewhere else no one can say (i suspect both)
  36. J

Childhood Impressions

You were probably very special to her! To be chosen by someone is a lovely thing very sweet And also fantastic advice in those bullet points - you learned young!
  37. J

Childhood Impressions

I won't tell them where you are if you don't tell mine where i am! I've got a decent job & pay my own bills & have a good independent social life, but under the cloak of anonymity i now would choose a man who pursued me & made me feel special, who could look after & take care of me if needed...
  38. J

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Thank you!
  39. J

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Did you manage to find out what language it was?
  40. J

Childhood Impressions

The christmas dream sounds like a classic anxiety dream of failing to be prepared - i dream similar things of turning up at the airport with no luggage or passport, and did i forget to print my boarding pass? Very stressful - especially with christmas preparations tending to be such a big deal...
  41. J

Childhood Impressions

What an absolutely lovely story, that boy sounded such a sweet kid! Suppose it's the similar trait of wanting to look after a girl that we (or at least me) look for in men There were definitely no family weddings as a child, although i was probably a guest at one or two (no clear memories) but...
  42. J

Childhood Impressions

You could well be right - i remember my first crush being during infants school (around age 6 or so probably), not in the adult sense but just a strong feeling of wanting to be close to one particular boy more than anyone else. But when i had these semi waking feelings of wedding days, i felt...
  43. J

Childhood Impressions

Maybe you're right in a way - but for very non fortean reasons. I love him very much, but he makes very little effort in life, consistently unemployed, lazy. I work hard to pay all the bills etc, and feel taken for granted sometimes. So i do fantasise about the Man of My Dreams whilst trying to...
  44. J

Childhood Impressions

This thought / memory has been going round my head recently: When i was a young child (under 7, because it was before i moved bedroom to my main bedroom where i stayed until i left home), i remember starting to wake up & being convinced it was my wedding day - except i didn't want to get...
  45. J

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

I think casting out spirits I think casting out spirits etc doesn't sound that far fetched for those types of church communities, i'm thinking maybe of the African churches - obviously i could be wrong but it would be my guess. Sounds like quite an experience living there!
  46. J

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

Feeling low, cold breezes from the locked room & seeing the lady - definitely sounds like there was some kind of energy in the place. Good to not immediately attribute every little thing to a ghost, i think most things probably have a logical cause, but sometimes when you know, you know (lady...
  47. J

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

Hi Tableloop - this is a fantastic experience, must have been terrifying & amazing all at once to see the figure of the woman made up of lights. Also it rings true about not really thinking about it afterwards - my own haunted flat tale is earlier in this thread and although when i think about...
  48. J

Haunted Construction/Renovation Projects

Think i'd rather take my chances with the ghost unless the security guard looked like David Gandy!
  49. J

Haunted Construction/Renovation Projects

These are fascinating - have you got any mre stories & have you experienced anything directly?
  50. J

Creepy Door Handle In Wales

Hi Escargot - i did hear of that some years after, a tragic and horrible thing. Not saying it was the same thing of course, but what unnerved me even at 11 was the quietness, it was the lock/door in the frame themselves i heard moving not whatever/whoever was trying it. Kids from our year would...
Back