• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. H

The Perils Of The Democratisation Of The Internet & The Rise Of The 'Expert' Commentator

Did yous see the story of the twos ( I think it was called)… Harry Enfield and Paul White House doing a history of BBC 2. When it got to the 2000s they did the YOUR RUBBISH, COS IM BETTER THAN YOU sketches. …. With the rise of Simon Cowell, Dragons Den etc. Low level experts like her that...
  2. H

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

Do you know why? Is it the not knowing? I only get creeped out at railways when the trains aren’t about, or may appear without warning. I have no real idea why. I think we do need to some of them scary railway stories.
  3. H

$30 ? Bargain…. Creeped out now before bed! Thinking about it. I started a thread about how I always dream about Freddy Krueger… I’d hate to think I’d start dreaming of worzal gummidge
  4. H

Yes, that’s the one… apparently I was shit scared of it! Maybe it’s the littles hole thing that’s been around on the internet, but turns out to be a lily seed pod or something. I have to say even that creeped me out a bit…. I got a mr frosty later in childhood…. Maybe even 16, and yes, probably...
  5. H

It was Worzel Gummidge for me, still gives me major creeps looking at a photo of him!!! Really major deep fear. I get the creeps around railway lines and in railway stations, not at all sure why but I think it had to do with a nightmare where I was in Darlington Railway station. One of them...
  6. H

Horror Films

Can we come up with a list of Religious horror films?? I find these are generally the scariest… I’m not sure why, I’m guessing it’s a pretty fundamental meaning of life thing? Obviously, The Exorcist, The Conjuring films kinda, Stigmata….. we watched The Omen tonight, any hidden gems????
  7. H

Terrifying Teeside?

Melbourne has its on version as well, I remember it from Neighbours, also the Walkabout bars.
  8. H

Terrifying Teeside?

I live in Shropshire now like, and prefer pizza!
  9. H

Terrifying Teeside?

Not really, as the name suggests. I think it was an Italian American that brought it to Teesside after the war. The Teesside version, Parmesan (parmo for short) rather than Parmigiana, has a thick Bechamel Sauce for the middle layer. Which is the unique part. Also originally pork, but since most...
  10. H

Terrifying Teeside?

Three year later reply, I’m exactly the same!!!!!…. Am more of a Penagalty and Fadgy man meself, like. Again I like all three constituents, but they don’t go together at all. I don’t mind the parmesiano type ones that have tomato instead of the Bechamel though…
  11. H

Do You Dream In Colour / Color? With Or Without Sound?

I was reading this thread last night and currently working away in a hotel….. i had a dream i was at a Boston Celtics Match. I actually realised I was dreaming so was determined to try and remember whether I dreamt in colour or not. So Boston wear green, and I remember abit of dull green about...
  12. H

Male Circumcision

Haha! My todger is fine now! Although it wasn’t the best of experiences, it wasn’t all that bad really…. The fella opposite me in the hospital was weeing blood from bladder cancer, that put things into perspective. I did kinda ‘man up’ as it were after that……. Honestly best thing I’ve done. I’d...
  13. H

Do You Dream In Colour / Color? With Or Without Sound?

I’m pretty sure I dream in colour. But even with the most vivid dream, I find it hard, almost impossible to remember whether it was indeed in colour… strange
  14. H

Male Circumcision

I had this done last year, am 38, for medical reasons. Ended up in hospital on the night they sent me home. Woke up the next morning with the bed full of blood (cos the nurses wouldn’t go anywhere near it) Then the pretty ( yes, very pretty) urologist squeezed it to stop the bleeding, I had to...
  15. H

Depression

I always feel it’s like brain claustrophobia, you can’t get rid of it nor change it… it’s always there, you can’t just swap it like you would with owt else…
  16. H

Worst Movie EVER?

For the ratio of Well Known Actors to Badness of film……. I have to go with Father Christmas is Back
  17. H

Odd & Ill-Advised Rectal Insertions

Unwise, but not illegal
  18. H

Would You Want To Meet Your Parents In The Afterlife?

Yes! How many times you’ve trodden on an upturned plug and number of times you’ve stood on Lego. Perhaps the amount of Lego you’ve hoovered up in lbs and oz. ;) I’m sure these are all numbers in the big all seeing computer in the sky, that can be accessed.
  19. H

Would You Want To Meet Your Parents In The Afterlife?

I want statistics on my life when I enter heaven. Time asleep, percentage Time asleep. Amount of time on the Bog, percentage time on the bog. How many haircuts. Number of cups of tea. Miles walked. Hours on here. A full Allen Hansen breakdown.
  20. H

The Transdimensional Gas Station

I used to use an old Tomtom (i still have it) and it has loads of old petrol stations on it. It was always suprising when driving past an old one, sometimes it was obvious it was there sometimes I got the feeling it was an old 50s one that was long gone….. I never updated it son I presume it...
  21. H

Chips (French Fries; Fries)

How about Richard Fryor? Or Michael McCaines? for the movie that is.
  22. H

Jack The Ripper (Compendium Thread)

The stories of the woman murdered are probably much more interesting than the scum bag that killed them… probably someone local non descript who was a psychopath who was treated badly as a kid etc
  23. H

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

This memory always sticks in my head..In 2006, I was walking through the indoor shopping precinct in Middlesbrough with this lass I worked with while on our dinner hour, I will never remember her name but I remember she was pretty and wore red lipstick. Now just walking through the door a full...
  24. H

Arachnophobia

Many years ago, just after the film Arachnophobia came out on Video the next door neighbours to where I used to live said that they watched the movie then almost immediately a big house spider ran across the floor of the house…. This always creeped me out for some reason. Although expecting It...
  25. H

The End Of The World '92/'93

A family story of ours was me grandad and his work mates, who were working on the roads, shook each other hands because they thought the world was ending. The sky went unusually dark…. This must have been the day…. The dates seem about right.
  26. H

Dreamed Of Places That You Have Never Been To Or Seen That Are Real

I dreamt I went to tristan de cunha! In my dream it had a beautiful old coastal town, similar to the Italian/south of France coastal cliff villages. When I woke I had to google image search Tristan de cunha and I was right it had a coastal town but it’s beauty is different to what I dreamt...
  27. H

Health Urban Myths

Yes, I do remember gasping. I suppose there might be some truth/science to it, ive just tried gasping through my mouth and I can feel my nose clench and thus I take it the blood vessels clench too ???
  28. H

Health Urban Myths

My nana used to drop a cold key (think old fashioned larger key) down the back of my t-shirt when I had a nose bleed. Apparently it would stop it! Also she was one of them that believed butter would help a burn. This one makes me feel sick cos all I can think of is frying skin. Andrew
  29. H

Was There A Dimensional Shift After The Turn Of The Century?

Thank you for correcting me I was never a huge Star Trek fan, but much prefer it to Star Wars!
  30. H

Was There A Dimensional Shift After The Turn Of The Century?

I’d say yes, but then again I’m not from Rwanda, Yugoslavia, Cambodia, Hiroshima/Nagasaki, nor am I Jewish or Gay. To be human is to put up with the 0.001% idiots/psychopaths in the world so we can enjoy The Beatles, Ridley Scott, Pele, Monet, Stephen Hawkins, Brunel etc If we weren’t humans...
  31. H

Fred Krueger Haunts My Dreams!

I see what you mean, they are wise words I have had Freddy dreams when he has been nice too
  32. H

A couple of weeks ago, I had another Freddy Krueger nightmare and seen as though I don’t keep a dream diary I thought that every time I have one I’ll put it here. Usually every time I have a dream with him in I am inside a building with windows that I’m walking about, up to my usual business...
  33. H

Untrue Celebrity Death Rumours

My Nana put a a ‘sorry for your loss’ condolence card through the letterbox of a neighbour on her estate that had died. It turned out he was still alive and returned it to her later that day. but as I’ve said before she was a tad bit mad !
  34. H

Dreaming Of The Dead

I dreamt about my Nana a couple of times after she passed away. One time at a flea market type thing and once she was driving a green Land Rover (she couldn’t drive in life!). At first it was just normal to have her in my dreams, talking to her etc. But then in both dreams, suddenly I...
  35. H

Hello there, no , I don’t think so, always new, in fact now you’ve got me thinking about it weird one I had is both the old Robert Englund Freddy and the newer Jackie Haley Freddy were after me ! Haha
  36. H

Well, I’ve joined on here just to post to say Fred Krueger turns up in my dreams really, and scarily, quite often! It happened last night again, in fact I was talking to him, this time he was quite menacing and wanted to stick his glove in me, but I actually talked him around to help me and my...
Back