• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. mugsy67

Oops! The Silly Mistakes Thread

Has anyone else tried to click on an unresponsive icon on a web page only to discover it's actually a small spider sat on the screen? Just me?
  2. mugsy67

Necrolog (Deaths Of Folks Who Had Impact On The Fortean World)

I'm always impressed by the determination and will of these people to pursue these subjects, no matter what I might feel about them myself. People like Richard Dolan and John Greenwald somehow manage to retain their enthusiasm despite little return in physical evidence. I know that both of them...
  3. mugsy67

Necrolog (Deaths Of Folks Who Had Impact On The Fortean World)

It's sad that Mr Friedman, like J A Hynek before him, was never given any definitive answers despite all his hard work.
  4. mugsy67

Witnessing Death

I was with my dad in hospital when he died. He had cancer from smoking, but it had never been diagnosed so it was all quite sudden. The only thing I can think of as he passed was that the pain he'd been through with it just stopped as well. Not much comfort at the time but we didn't know how...
  5. mugsy67

Time Or Dimensional Slips

I wish I could slip back to the 70's... the summers were always better, the mars bars were bigger and I got bags of presents for christmas...
  6. mugsy67

Tales Of A Flat Earth

I haven't trawled through all the pages here, but I can say that the YouTube channel COOL HARD LOGIC does a magnificent and amusing job of deflating all and any flat earth arguments. Bonus point for CHL using the magic roundabout music at one point.
  7. mugsy67

Tales Of A Flat Earth

The flat earthers will do anything except go out and prove their theories. How hard can it be? It seems fairly easy to prove that it's round.
  8. mugsy67

How To Really Scare Yourself

One interesting way of getting people to scare themselves is to tell them to record the audio of themselves asleep at night. Checking out the highlights the next morning can be a really weird experience, especially noises that you can't recognise...
  9. mugsy67

Eastern Airlines Flight 401 (Crash; UL; Ghost Of Flight 401 Book; Movie)

The book about 401, called The Ghost Of Flight 401, is extremely weird, especially the seance stuff.
  10. mugsy67

Did Red Skelton 'Predict' JFK's Assassination?

On a similar note, my only Fortean experience... while working nights in 2001 I would occasionally daydream about an approaching twin engine aircraft. After a few weeks the 9/11 attack happened and the daydreaming stopped. I really hate that this happened, as I really don't believe in this...
  11. mugsy67

Doomsday, March 15, 1965 (Huntingburg, Indiana)

Don't people predict doomsday all the time? Some people keep at it for years, slinking off when it doesn't happen, then reappearing later with new predictions.
  12. mugsy67

That Annoying HUM!

I remember the hum in the 1970's. I think I only heard it at night because there was no other noise. It would build up, last a few seconds and then fade away. This happened quite often and it became annoying. It's a shame that I never thought to try and record it.
  13. mugsy67

Boeing 727 Stolen In Angola & Never Found (2003)

Perhaps it was broken down for parts in a staggeringly short amount of time, as in the time lapse scene from Lord Of War.
  14. mugsy67

Hunt For Karate Legend Goes Cold

If they were looking for Count Dante, they were in the wrong place...
  15. mugsy67

The Back-To-Front Jet Trail

I really can't remember that well, and the shadow was so faint that I couldn't tell what it was doing.
  16. mugsy67

I believe it was a cold day and the contrail was slow to form.
  17. mugsy67

So I assume the aircraft, the sun and the observer have to all be in the correct orientation for this effect to work? Otherwise the shadow would be offset to some degree.
  18. mugsy67

A photo I took with a canon pocket camera. Excuse the dirt on the lens, and concentrate on the shadow of the projected path of the aircraft, running out to the edge of the image. I expect someone can explain this to me... it was definitely THERE on the day, so it isn't a digital photo artefact.
Back