• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Dropship

Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD): Compendium Thread

I had to look up the word "trope" in the dictionary but am still none the wiser, what do you think it is exactly? As I said, I had an autistic ladyfriend which is good first-hand observational evidence; she was a bit slow and set in her ways, but she was quite happy and we got on alright, so how...
  2. Dropship

Strange Coincidences?

Yes and the big question is whether things are just random genuine coincidences, or whether there are "cosmic jokers" out there in another dimension or wherever, who are observing the human race and arranging the coincidences to prank us or to let us know they're there..:) PS- in my post #496 I...
  3. Dropship

I once dated an autistic lady and we got on fine (up to a point), but I learnt a lot about autism from her and can now easily recognise the symptoms in other people in all walks of life who may not even know they have a touch of it. For example one of her symptoms was an inability to think...
  4. Dropship

Something That Used To Happen To Me A Lot When I Was A Child

In my younger days I was in a cycling club and learnt that an attack of hypoglycaemia was a commonly-known thing in the cycling world and they even had a name for it- "the Bonk". The remedy against it was quite simple, namely NEVER cycle on an empty stomach and the Bonk won't get you, that's why...
  5. Dropship

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Thanks, sadly I haven't got a decent telescope, so they just look like points of light through my 8x binoculars and I can't see Jupiter's cool stripes (sniffle)
  6. Dropship

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Speaking of stars, I've noticed a very bright couple hanging low in the southeast for about a week just before dawn (I'm in England) and I'd guess that the brightest one is Venus and the slighter fainter one to its right is Mercury?
  7. Dropship

Time Travel: Scientific Plausibility / Theories / Research

It's certainly been done as an experiment with airliners, and the clocks on board have been found to run slower (by milliseconds) than stationary clocks in the lab, so presumably NASA assumes the same thing would happen with clocks on rockets and is therefore not worth trying. PS- I'd thoroughly...
  8. Dropship

Ah, but the earth is comparitvely stationary in space, but a rocket is moving through space at high velocity and that's why the fabric of space is having a "time-effect" on the rocket, just as an aeroplane gets drag acting on it as it passes through the air.
  9. Dropship

Yes, in fact I've often wondered whether it's an ability that some aliens have mastered. If they can't penetrate the light-speed barrier to visit us in person, maybe they're doing it telepathically (assuming that thought travels instantaneously).
  10. Dropship

With me it's just the opposite, time seems to be whizzing by faster now than ever before, and I dunno why..:)
  11. Dropship

As people have said, autism can be difficult to diagnose in many cases; for example my late father probably thought I was autistic because as a kid I once overheard him saying to my mother- "He's nutty! No don't laugh, I really do mean it, he sits up in his room all the time making silly plastic...
  12. Dropship

Time is funny stuff, it can even be slowed down by massive objects as I learnt from a TV science docu fronted by Stephen Hawking a couple of years ago. He used the Great Pyramid of Giza as an example and said that time runs slower (by milliseconds) for anybody standing near it, fascinating stuff..:)
  13. Dropship

Time is stretchy and elastic and slows down for anything moving fast, it's been proven with airliners (but only in milliseconds). But in a spaceship travelling near the speed of light time slows for the crew so much that in one month they'd only have aged a month, but people back on earth would...
  14. Dropship

If my autistic kid was HAPPY, that's all that counts..:)
  15. Dropship

Time Travel In Fiction: Literature, Films & Television

Topic: Time Travel: Scientific Theories --------------------------------- I've got a fun theory for what it's worth, namely that if somebody was to time-travel to the past in order to do something drastic to change subsequent history for the better, history cannot be changed no matter what he...
  16. Dropship

I never married or had kids so what do I know, but if I had an autistic child I think I'd just let him/her do his own thing without any pressure from me or anybody else to conform or "fit into" the world..:)
  17. Dropship

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if autistic kids are HAPPY, what's there to worry about?..:) Or are you saying they're NOT happy and need diagnosing and treatment to cure them?
  18. Dropship

The label "autistic" seems to be a new thing, as I don't think we'd ever heard the word back in the 1960's/70's, but it seems much more common nowadays, so maybe mass immunisation programs can cause it like some people have suggested? But regarding autism generally, if a kid's a bit slow or...
  19. Dropship

David Icke & His Work

Topic: David Icke & His Work ------------------------------- Icke's credibility slipped a few notches for me when he said (according to reports) that he was the son of god. I've googled around to try to pin down if he really said it but couldn't find anything to confirm it. If he'd have said "a"...
  20. Dropship

Jenny Randles

Hi Jenny, your name has been an integral part of Ufology for many years..:) And as a tribute to UFO-investigators everywhere I'd like to say thank you on behalf of all truthseekers for putting yourselves in harm's way, as this episode of X-Files 'Fallen Angel' illustrates, when Max gets abducted...
  21. Dropship

Free Will Vs Destiny?

The only one that springs to mind is many years ago when I woke up in the night feeling hot and drenched in sweat, something that'd never happened before or since. I was unemployed at the time and next day I went down the Jobcentre to look for any old job and they randomly gave me the address of...
  22. Dropship

The Strange Death Of Netta Fornario

Quote from article- "Even though Iona is a small island, it took two days to find Netta’s body. The death site was unusual, to say the least. A cross had been cut into the turf with a dagger (which was found nearby) and Netta’s body was lying on top of it. She was found only wearing a thin black...
  23. Dropship

Time Travel In Fiction: Literature, Films & Television

Time travel to the future (but not back to the past) is certainly possible according to the Relativity theory, but we'd need a fast-flying spaceship to do it. The film 'Interstellar' illustrates it nicely when McConaughey flies through a wormhole.
  24. Dropship

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

I wonder who's voice it was, and who it was referring to. JC said "Satan has no hold on me" so my money's on the kid from Nazareth....:)
  25. Dropship

Hey that reminds me of the classic TV film "The Stone Tape" where a group of hi-tech electronic experts discover that the old country house they're working in contains a ghost, so they switch all their efforts into trying to trigger/capture it. (The term 'The Stone Tape' refers to the...
  26. Dropship

Strange Coincidences?

Right, Jesus said "My Father is always working" (John 5:17)
  27. Dropship

Thanks, I'm a bit puzzled as to why the cameraman didn't say "What's that?" the instant he saw it and move over quickly to get a close up, I know I certainly would have! Instead, he delayed and gave it time to crawl off..
  28. Dropship

Strange Coincidences?

My "co-ordinated incidences" or "synchronicities" or "coincidences" have always usually been connected with numbers, for example I might be sitting reading a newspaper item that says " fire broke out today on the 10th floor of a 21-floor tower block", and at that precise instant I hear the...
  29. Dropship

Yes, until ghosthunters produce clear evidence of the paranormal we have to remain cynical, but as far as I know it hasn't happened yet. At least ghosthunters have got the nerve to go into spooky locations in the first place, so full credit to them for that..:) PS- This vid is interesting as...
  30. Dropship

Here's an interesting thing we could all try (although experienced ghost/UFO hunters will already know)- Pick up your TV remote and press a few buttons and the light will always stay jet black as if it's not lit. But if we look at the light through our digital cam's viewfinder we'll see the...
  31. Dropship

Yay, something like that happened when I was testing my new digital camera at home, the automatic focus bars locked onto pieces of furniture etc quite normally as I panned slowly around the room, but when I stopped panning they locked onto something invisible and followed it across the frame as...
  32. Dropship

Aleister Crowley

Nice external pics of Boleskine House from all angles here- http://www.gmkelly.com/bole-3.html e.g- the gate sign is disappointingly boring- View of BH from the other side of Loch Ness-
  33. Dropship

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Suddenly I'm-- gulp -- afraid, just seen this on the net about a guy who also took that one step beyond- So a few years ago while showering, I grabbed the soap, ready to make myself a clean boi. I start lathering up - as you do - when the soap slips out of my hand, I do the ol' 1 2 juggle but...
  34. Dropship

Yes it can be pretty startling. With me I don't get a "black hole", instead it's as though people's eyes or mouths have suddenly been airbrushed out like in the photoshop below and I think "what the heck???" until I realise it's just a migraine coming on..:)
  35. Dropship

Incidentally hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) can cause spots before the eyes and blurred vision, it usually hits diabetics but could happen to anybody even if they're not diabetic, a fact I can vouch for because I'm not diabetic but have been getting hit several times a year over many...
  36. Dropship

Amelia Earhart

I think I read somewhere that Earhart and Noonan never took a life raft to save weight, reasoning that when the big fuel tank was empty it'd keep the plane afloat. That happened with the Junkers W-33 'Esa' (below) which ditched with engine trouble during a transatlantic attempt in 1931 from...
  37. Dropship

Aleister Crowley

"GUESTS WELCOME, BUT DON'T LOOK AT OUR CARETAKERS EYES"
  38. Dropship

Aleister Crowley

Haha I was going to suggest a fun caption competition but you beat me to it..:) Here's my contender-
  39. Dropship

Aleister Crowley

AN OVERVIEW (The following 4 pics are all tagged "Imagery date 2011") 1- Boleskine Ho sitting overlooking Loch Ness- 2- A view from outside the cemetery, Boleskine is hardly visible- 3- And glancing left we see the cemetery and the waters of Loch Ness beyond- 4- About a hundred...
  40. Dropship

Aleister Crowley

Ah, but we could speculate that if Boleskine House was a swing-door "portal" to the twilight zone, demons could have kept kept popping through to lodge in the star's minds to mess them up..;)
  41. Dropship

Aleister Crowley

Yeah, and the place caught fire a few years ago, maybe a fire-breathing dragon monster had something to do with it?...:) WIKI- At approximately 1:40 pm on 23 December 2015, a motorist reported flames and smoke coming from Boleskine House. When fire crews attended, it is estimated up to 60 per...
  42. Dropship

Topic title: Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting. Well we could try a little self-help first to get rid of ghosts, for example I read an account by one guy who kept waking up in the night sensing a "dark presence" and started reciting the Lord's Prayer- "Our father in heaven..." and the...
  43. Dropship

Nuclear Damage

Nuclear plants are quite safe because the operators are highly trained and in complete control, what could possibly go wrong?..:) Oh wait... WIKI- "On 26 April 1986, Reactor No. 4 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant exploded after tests were done on the reactor improperly and the operators lost...
  44. Dropship

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Yeah, hundreds of pilots who trained at Cranwell were killed in WW2, so perhaps their residual "collective spiritual energy" is sloshing around the place triggering electro-magnetic anomalies or whatever? PS- as a matter of interest pilot Ray Hinchliffe and passenger Elsie MacKay took off from...
  45. Dropship

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

This experience of mine was "minor strangeness" so for what it's worth I might as well mention it. I've posted it in other forums too under different screennames- About 25 years ago I was doing a night bicycle ride from the Lincolnshire coast to my home in Leicester, and as I cycled past the...
  46. Dropship

Mass / Group Abductions

The pilot was a--- shall we say "eccentric"--- character, so I can't help thinking I'd have felt safer flying with a Sully type....;) "Captain Zaharie Shah.(MH370) Muslim...In his spare time he loved to watch the atheist lectures of Richard Dawkins and the cross-dressing comedy of Eddie...
  47. Dropship

Creepiest Fortean Story?

Incidentally does anybody know the location of the road so we can take a look on Google Earth to look for any anomalies etc?
  48. Dropship

Aleister Crowley

Crowley had a house on the shore of Loch Ness, so do members think that might have had something to do with the monster sightings, or is it just coincidence? Perhaps dabbling in the occult opened some kind of "doorway" to another dimension through which the monster could come and go?
  49. Dropship

Me too, I still get the blank spot and strobes, but the splitting headache doesn't happen any more which is good news for all those who get the headache, as it might clear up on its own..:)
Back