• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. brownmane

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

I see both as those words that have similar meanings, but nuanced moreso when used. Homing in - I can understand as "aiming towards", or "directed towards". Honing in - I can understand as "sharpening", or "making clearer". In this sense, imo, the words are both being used to give the...
  2. brownmane

Baltimore Bridge Accident

And that's where the investigations will have to be done to determine which laws apply.
  3. brownmane

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

^this^ ^this^ ^this^ All explain why I am interested in Forteana. I follow the flora and fauna lost and found threads, some ancient civilizations threads, natural world threads, etc. As well as the human experience of life threads. These, with or without explanation are wondrous. All...
  4. brownmane

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Of course it does:loopy:. There are people who refuse to use well researched HRT for legit reasons, but lets inject salmon sperm which is the latest fad. Apparently even Jennifer Aniston has used it...
  5. brownmane

It is the States.
  6. brownmane

I wouldn't confront, as in challenge someone's pronunciation, but would ask if they mean wary or weary. They mean two different things and I need to know which in order to understand what they are telling me. I know many people whose native language is not English. I don't think they feel...
  7. brownmane

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

@Frideswide is still MIA? Also @Comfortably Numb has been away.
  8. brownmane

Science Fiction: Films & TV

I do like the visual style of the parasytes.
  9. brownmane

And now you can heartily sneer at them :chuckle:.
  10. brownmane

Serial Killers

I guess that this might depend on what each person deems a greater loss to them. Money/financial stability or personal morals. I personally couldn't ignore something this gross and disrespectful to people's lives. I know that even though I might lose financial stability, I can regain that. I...
  11. brownmane

I'm sure the city of Baltimore can say this, but until the federal investigation is complete there is no proof. The city is obviously setting up to bring a civil (? I don't know law to know if this is the correct term) suit against the ship owners following whatever the federal jurisdiction...
  12. brownmane

What The Hell Are Dreams?

In my mind, with the idea that we are possibly in a longer dream state than previously thought, and that it might not happen only during REM stage, I can suppose that this may also address lucid dreaming. REM is the deepest stage of sleep. Lucid dreaming tends to occur when you have had a...
  13. brownmane

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Not to mention that these links also usually lead directly to whatever curative drug of the day that the site is pedaling.
  14. brownmane

What The Hell Are Dreams?

There are some good questions posed. I did always wonder why, if we only dreamed during REM sleep which is only about 1 1/2 hours, then why did my dreams seem to last so long and how did they all keep some semblance of connectedness. This article is stating that we may be dreaming longer than...
  15. brownmane

The Optical Illusions Thread

I forgot to identify it as Amsler's grid. This is how it is used: https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/amsler-grid.htm
  16. brownmane

This reminds me of the grid used to test for macular degeneration:
  17. brownmane

FT444

Woohoo. I am just downloading the issue now:bthumbup:.
  18. brownmane

Postbox Cosies

I want it.
  19. brownmane

Exactly. When I first joined the internet world as late as 2009 (for school studies), I quickly realized how useless the internet is for any type of reliable information. It quickly became apparent that any references I tried to cite for my essays that I had researched online would ultimately...
  20. brownmane

Local & Dialect Words

Does he giggle when you poke his tummy?:points:
  21. brownmane

Mysterious Creatures In Folklore From South America

That is a very interesting narrative regarding the establishment of the Black communities in Ribeira Valley and the mythology of negros d'agua that was created as a result of the slave trade from Africa to Brazil. I know very little of South America and enjoy reading about some of the history...
  22. brownmane

According to this, it is: https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/jamp
  23. brownmane

Why is it that shepherds are related to water? Was it a way they were disposed of by their murderous bosses? Just wondering why the goblins would be luring the children into water.
  24. brownmane

I'm surprised that I can speak and understand spoken English - well, most of the time.
  25. brownmane

Russell Brand: From Comic To Icke-Esque Conspiracist & Possible Abuser?

That's it. Smarmy is awful. I avoid smarmy people like the plague.
  26. brownmane

Weird Weather

I had heard, in relation to this weather event, that regular amount of precipitation is usually just evaporated with the heat. In this case, though, evaporation wouldn't work due to the amount. I don't know if this is true since I don't remember who I was talking to. It was not an article, it...
  27. brownmane

Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast)

And you never want to be the first up the stairs.
  28. brownmane

Russell Brand: From Comic To Icke-Esque Conspiracist & Possible Abuser?

Wow! I could ask "What is he on?", but we know he's done lots. Not many brain cells left. His soothing voice tone grates on me. Definitely getting culty vibes now.
  29. brownmane

Dib dab, dip dab. I had none of those candies, but the "dib dab" is easier to say together. The "p" sound does require a little more work to pronounce.
  30. brownmane

Local & Dialect Words

Not necessarily. :evillaugh: https://happyygarden.com/mulberry-bush/ https://greenpacks.org/what-is-the-difference-between-a-tree-bush-and-a-shrub/
  31. brownmane

If you watch her rings at about the 3:17-3:27 mark, one tracker doesn't work perfectly as her finger moves, but the image doesn't. She does a good job of explaining how the images are designed by her and then coded so that the tracker can display the images where she wants them, but that she...
  32. brownmane

Weird Weather

I would think that if we got a year's worth of precipitation in a day, it would lead to chaos. Dubai is desert. It has no drainage system in place nor flood control measures as it is arid. No place for the water to go. It is kind of like (tongue in cheek) when UK gets several cms of snow and...
  33. brownmane

The Enfield Poltergeist

I'm not sure if you thought my comment about dissociative states, particularly in children, would prove that poltergeist activity was fake. I was only saying that this may be a factor in poltergeist activity.
  34. brownmane

The Navajo Skinwalker & 'Skinwalker Ranch'

I was not stating that his article would promote racist views, only that his work and his bibliographical references may (most likely) be interpreted from a Westernized point view of the Navaho culture. Much like many cultures have been interpreted as "primitive" or "less than" compared to...
  35. brownmane

The Cloud Appreciation Society: Rare & Unusual Formations

Thanks. That is interesting. I understand the pictures better than the explanation:bthumbup:
  36. brownmane

The Cloud Appreciation Society: Rare & Unusual Formations

Your link didn't come across correctly.
  37. brownmane

What's The Most Boring Fortean Subject?

My dad used to use a straight razor when I was young. At some point he switched to an electric.
  38. brownmane

The Navajo Skinwalker & 'Skinwalker Ranch'

I think we need to address that this article was written in 1974 and under "Purpose" the author does state that it is written based on his own observations and understanding (as a counsellor of Navajo children) as well as using literature he had cited was from research done prior to 1960s. The...
  39. brownmane

The Enfield Poltergeist

The detachment/disassociation is a coping mechanism. Children have fewer coping mechanisms simply due to inexperience. Disassociation is one coping mechanism which children resort to in order to protect themselves (their minds) from severe trauma. Which is where Disassociative Identity Disorder...
  40. brownmane

@Fabio Picasso, with all of these shapeshifters in the country, are there any stories that correlate to yetis, sasquatch, bigfoot? Or is the culture different in that there are many were-animals and not so much anything viewed (as in believed) as a bipedal hominid? I'm not sure if my question...
  41. brownmane

Depression

I got up in the early morning the other day and made myself a pb and j sandwich. I can't get to sleep if I'm hungry and sometimes wake shortly after falling asleep because I'm hungry. Now you may have to watch what you are eating, but it has been shown that people with a little excess weight...
  42. brownmane

Ever hear of the 80's?:) Also the poor womAIn (ai woman lol) on the right has some weirdo shoving a pizza or something right up her nose. Though the one is holding a piece, there is a whole pizza in front of them. Guzzle guts, they must be onto their second.
  43. brownmane

I tend to avoid all things Keanu.
  44. brownmane

Horror Films

I was raised on Hitchcock Presents:curt:
  45. brownmane

Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD): Compendium Thread

Our utility companies read the meters if they are outside. I never have to read them.
  46. brownmane

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Maybe he has scary dreams of you:bthumbup:
  47. brownmane

Depression

Hoping the wait time goes quickly for you. Keep us posted.
  48. brownmane

Considering I haven't seen John Wick to understand the reference, I "ll go with JC or toast.:chuckle:
  49. brownmane

FT444

I have a digital sub and I still don't get the download when it's available to those of you in the UK.:rolleyes:
  50. brownmane

Horror Films

She was always the one I wanted killed off IMMEDIATELY. That trope I hated as no women were ever intelligent or able to take care of themselves. The men always had to rescue them. Now Buffy The Vampire Slayer was a fun and smart movie.
Back