• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Vida Loca

Three Rainbows & A Stream Of Light Follow The Queen's Death

3 Rainbows and a stream of light after Queens death. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11205043/Touching-moment-ray-sunshine-shines-Queen-Elizabeth-IIs-coffin.html
  2. Vida Loca

Possible Parallel Lives / Alternative Reality?

Hi Princess Of Avalon. Just read your posts and have in boxed you. Take care xxx
  3. Vida Loca

Odd Smells

Here is one I missed. My Facebook memories brought it back. We Both smelled Oranges and Perfume here and there was nothing whatsoever to explain it. This was 3 years ago.
  4. Vida Loca

Odd Smells

I am trying very hard to keep an open mind Swifty but...
  5. Vida Loca

Odd Smells

Several weeks ago I went upstairs to go to the bathroom - there are 2 flights of stairs in the hallway and the sitting room where we smoke is shut off from it. Anyway as I approached the bathroom door there was the strong smell of cigarette smoke in one small spot. No smell anywhere else - just...
  6. Vida Loca

Odd Smells

Thanks for the condolences but it is someone from an extended part of the family. Very sad all the same. With regard to happenings there is something I need to check on but I think it might be nothing. No more smells anyway.
  7. Vida Loca

R.I.P. Derek Acorah

Still waiting to hear from Doris Stokes...
  8. Vida Loca

Odd Smells

Thanks Swifty.
  9. Vida Loca

Odd Smells

We had a death in the extended family last week. Probably nothing to do with things but no more to report.
  10. Vida Loca

R.I.P. Derek Acorah

Derek Acorah 'returns from the grave' to retweet condolences about his own death Iconic self-styled spiritual medium Derek Acorah died at the age of 69 after a short illness and the social media condolences are pouring in...
  11. Vida Loca

Weird Personal Names

Hysterical! I would change my name. A good mate of mine and I used to look in the local paper at the Bonny Babies Competition just for the weird names there. One year they had Chelsea Bunce and Diesel Portia amongst others I cant recall now.
  12. Vida Loca

R.I.P. Derek Acorah

I strollled into that one didn't I? o_O
  13. Vida Loca

R.I.P. Derek Acorah

Most Haunted star Derek Acora has passed away aged 69 after a short illness. Thought I would post it on here as he has been mentioned a few times. Will he return from the ether to communicate with us I wonder? ( tongue firmly in cheek here).
  14. Vida Loca

Odd Smells

Thanks IbisNibs. My Mother passed away just after midnight Boxing Day 2015 and it was that Boxing Day we had the very strong smell of Lillies. When my Father passed away some years ago I brought his 2 large wreaths of Lillies home with us and had them placed on a table in our other room with a...
  15. Vida Loca

The Everlasting Mystery Of Teaspoons

Escargot the answer is no nothing like that at all.
  16. Vida Loca

Odd Smells

Well the battery candle matter didn't end there. I have four independent ones in the sitting room. Sometime during Boxing Day night they all knocked off together yet the remote was across the other side of the room on a table. I put them back on again and so far no further issues. I am now...
  17. Vida Loca

The Everlasting Mystery Of Teaspoons

For reasons neither of us can work out we have had cutlery go missing these past few weeks. In the end we were down to 2 Forks, 3 knives and some spoons. Bit of a mystery where they went to and we don't have a dishwasher. Last week had to buy a new set of cutlery and hope things don't go missing...
  18. Vida Loca

Butterflies

I have had what I term 'Butterfly experiences'. In my 'best room' the window is only opened in the Summer. However 7 Christmases ago on Christmas morning I found 2 Butterflies on my window sill ( inside). Both were alive so I gave them some sugared water to feed on. Both died and weird as it...
  19. Vida Loca

Odd Smells

On the subject of cigarettes.Odd thing happened just now. Went into my 'best room' to check my plants for watering and a jug of Lillies regarding water level. On checking the jug I was somewhat taken aback to find an empty cigarette packet placed inside the jug. We both smoke but never in that...
  20. Vida Loca

Things Breaking

IbisNibs we haven't had the electric checked better get on to the Landlord methinks. I do have a problem with electrics in that Railway Notice Boards go silly when I am around which baffles my mate when he has been with me. I also was a standing joke in a local small store as I used to...
  21. Vida Loca

Odd Smells

I seem to have an odd situation with strong floral and perfume scents here. The first experience was at Christmas a couple of years back. The day my Mother was dying the rooms were filled with the scent of Lillies -my favourite flowers. There had not been any fresh flowers here for a while and...
  22. Vida Loca

Things Breaking

I have had odd happenings with light bulbs. One shattered in the bulb holder- exploded and made us jump. Another popped out of the ceiling bulb holder across the room and remained intact! We have also had bouts of various bulbs not working then some time later working again after we didn't...
  23. Vida Loca

People Who Feel Wrong

Had an odd experience this afternoon. I came out of the hairdressers and it was belting down with rain. As I went to cross the road to go a large store a car zoomed out driven by a woman. There was a weird oldish chap also waiting to cross and I muttered that I wish she would make up her mind...
  24. Vida Loca

Time Slipping

No 197 on here http://www.shelwin.com/e/Thanet_Research/pt_pubs.pdf
  25. Vida Loca

Time Slipping

Extract from Wikitravel The town's heyday was the Regency and Victorian eras when the well-heeled would holiday in the town, savouring its genteel culture.
  26. Vida Loca

Time Slipping

Interesting history meaning a few changes. https://www.churchilltavern.co.uk/pub-tavern
  27. Vida Loca

Time Slipping

Oh nuts sorry I just re read and can see you mentioned it was lunchtime. Sorry was distracted by Mr Loca whilst typing.
  28. Vida Loca

Time Slipping

It would be interesting to delve into the history of this pub to see what it might have been in the past. In the old days Ladies did not usually go inside pubs unless they were 'fast and loose' or worked there. However they would attend certain events usually in Hotels etc often with a partner...
  29. Vida Loca

Unhappy Houses & Odd Happenings

I'll get my coat...:D
  30. Vida Loca

I know I shouldn't laugh but...:D
  31. Vida Loca

I know it is isn't it. Gave me quite a shock. Thankfully house no longer my problem I won't be going back there ever again.
  32. Vida Loca

Found out something the other week in general conversation that we didn't know about. Not long after we moved in the elderly couple next door both died the same night. We both heard the lady coming home after an evening out bidding someone good night. That was all we had to tell the Police when...
  33. Vida Loca

Railway Ghosts

Saw him immediately first time and he couldn't be missed. He kind of 'slided' into view like a cardboard cut out or something.
  34. Vida Loca

People Who Feel Wrong

The Gift of Fear free Kindle edition can be found here. https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1492/79/1492792685806.pdf
  35. Vida Loca

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

I really don't know what to make of it Mythopoeika. Never ever happened before and yes I had gone to bed a bit tipsy but...
  36. Vida Loca

Went out the other night and had a few bevvies. Got home ok and went to bed. It was hot as heck in the bedroom. I woke once in the early hours after a particularly bad nightmare then went back to sleep after waking myself out of it. I was boiling and so I had thrown the duvet off. Hubby had...
  37. Vida Loca

Moths

Moths apparently like sweet smells especially stale perfume.Try using Lavender Oil. Put a few drops in your washing machine. Moths hate the smell. Also try putting Lavender Oil and some water in an old Febreeze bottle and squirt it around generously. If it gets out of hand I would suggest trying...
  38. Vida Loca

I think there was a bit of a language barrier Mythipoeika. Also we really do not know what was written- which worried me.
  39. Vida Loca

My Lucky Escape

Cheers Yithian.
  40. Vida Loca

Back in the 80s I went out one night in a new jacket and trousers combo. White background with large black Chinese writing/characters all over it. At the end of the night we left the pubs behind and decided to have something to eat and so we went to a local Chinese Takeaway. That was when things...
  41. Vida Loca

My Lucky Escape

Thanks Both I did mean personal lucky escapes and realised after reading it the other thread was for generalised ones. I have a few I will post later. Scary story Ibis. I used to Hitch Hike years ago when I was young and naive but fortunately never had a bad experience like you. I wouldn't...
  42. Vida Loca

Have You Got A Double?

Many years ago we went out for a Sunday drive with a view to having Sunday Lunch somewhere in a pub. We finally landed on the outskirts of Merthyr Tydfil and stopped at a pub called The Great Escape which closed some years back. As we got out of the car a bloke started calling me across the car...
  43. Vida Loca

My Lucky Escape

Oops so sorry. Thanks for the link and maybe it would be best to delete this thread.
  44. Vida Loca

My Lucky Escape

Just wondering if anyone has had a very lucky escape of some kind? Apologies if this is already on here somewhere... Here is one of mine: When my Grandson was a small toddler I went to visit my daughter at her home for a few hours. We were all upstairs and my daughter had just bathed and...
  45. Vida Loca

Have You Got A Double?

Had a strong family resemblance event last year. My late mothers cousin sadly passed away and her ashes were brought back here to her 'real home' as she had lived in Southern England after marrying and moving away. As we got out of the car in the cemetery I saw an elderly lady and her daughter...
  46. Vida Loca

Hubby and I were in one of our local pubs and were sat by the front window. I glanced out and could see something flying in the air with red lights. It wasn't a UFO or a plane it was a Drone. They had only just become popular. Anyway, I could see a mate of ours who is well known to be a bit nuts...
  47. Vida Loca

Little Boys In 'Dresses': Historical Kids' Garb

I know my Mother used to do fringes like that on me when I was small and dress me up like a ruddy doll but I mean...!!!
  48. Vida Loca

Little Boys In 'Dresses': Historical Kids' Garb

I just showed Hubby the photo of FDR and asked him who did he think it was. He replied "It's not you is it?" I am sat here half laughing and half annoyed.
  49. Vida Loca

My Not-So-Secret Admirer

On the subject of Prostitution. A lad we both know and worked with Hubby was bragging about his latest girlfriend in the pub some years back. I asked him what line of work she did and he replied rather proudly "Oh she is a Receptionist/ Secretary... in a Massage Parlour". I asked the lad...
  50. Vida Loca

Man Threatens To Unleash Turtle Army

Cowabunga!
Back