• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. B

Fort Illustration

Did this illustration last night for my blog, and thought some of you might enjoy it. If you would like to see it in its original location, go here [Link dead, image unretrievable--mods] http://hoopladoodle.blogspot.com/2005/10/charles-hoy-fort_07.html Ciao!
  2. B

The 13th Floor

I would like opinions from people all over . . . I live in Toronto (or Hogtown to some people) and in this area there are very few buildings built with a 13th floor. Or rather, they have a 13th floor, but they call it the 14th floor. Most people actually never think about it and somehow...
  3. B

Finnegans Wake

Anybody given it a go? How far did you get? Make any sense? I've been toying with it for months now, and last night sat down and read it aloud to myself and was surprised that a lot more than I expected made sense . . . I got to page five, and I think I actually gleamed some plot from...
  4. B

A Scanner Darkly - the film

Trailer is here: http://download.ifilm.com/qt/portal/2665182_200.mov I wasn't sure about this, but after seeing the trailer I am very optimistic. -Fitz
  5. B

Robert Anton Wilson

I don't know if Chat is really the right area for this, but I don't have anything specific about RAW that I want to talk about, just him in general, I guess, with anyone who is interested. What are people's opinions of him? And more than that, what do you think the general opinion of him is...
  6. B

R. Crumb & "Mr. Hoonrath"

Has anyone read the story R. Crumb tells about someone he knew who dissapeared with a strange Man In Black sort of person named Mr. Hoonrath, or Hunrath? I am going from memory here, but the story went something like this, Robert Crumb at some point in the 60's knew a guy who worked at...
  7. B

Robert Anton Wilson's "Cosmic Trigger"

I have been reading Robert Anton Wilson's Cosmic Trigger for the last week, and I find the whole thing fascinating. I had enjoyed Illuminatus! and Shrodinger's Cat, but this 'non fiction' is much more satisfying . . . Has anyone actually tried incorporating the stuff he 'teaches' in this...
  8. B

Infant Night Terrors

Yesterday I found out that my year old nephew is suffering from something akin to night terrors. Almost nightly he will awake absolutely shrieking as if being attacked. Needless to say this has been causing his parents some extremely stressful nights. Within the last week and a half he has...
  9. B

Exploding UFO Convention?

I was on the phone last night with my sister and we were talking about weird stuff, as is our wont . . . At some point we came around to UFOs and conspiracies . . . she mentioned that she had read somewhere that there was a convention held (she thinks in the 80s) and many leading UFO...
  10. B

Aliens In Trees

Does anyone know where I might find the story that links to Whitley Strieber's site that talks about a family seeing aliens (I think Greys) up in the trees outside their house? I did a search but couldn't find anything. -Fitz
  11. B

Question about basic Nietzsche

Hi folks, I was in a conversation the other day with a friend of mine, and a friend of his (with me so far?) This friend of his considers himself a Satanist, but he doesn't believe in Satan. He is involved with the 'philosophical' side of Satanism, which is all fine and good, I understand...
  12. B

Jefferson & The Man In Black

I've read three different accounts in the last week about President Jefferson being given the Great Seal by a mysterious man in a black cloak out in his garden late at night. I have to admit, this story is very tantalizing to the conspiracy theorist and Man In Black lover in me, but...
  13. B

Discordian connection to Keel?

While reading the Mothman Prophesies recently, I noticed something interesting that I thought I would bring up to my fellow Forteans . . . I've noticed what might be a Discordian connection to the Men In Black. First, for those who have no idea what Discordianism is, here is a little bit...
  14. B

Strieber and Men In Black

What do you all think of the Men In Black? Do you think they exist? The reason I ask is, from the stories I have read about the Men In Black it seems like they would have visited Strieber at least once, whether they are government agents acting silly to mess with people's minds, or actual...
  15. B

Charles Fort's Books

Hello all, So I have been reading Charles Fort's book "The Book of the Damned" this afternoon on the internet, since it has been impossible to find here in Toronto, and I've been finding it a bit odd. And not in the way I expected. Has anyone else read it? I find it a bit difficult to...
  16. B

LOST

Did anybody see the first episode of this new show, Lost? *****SPOILER AHEAD!!! do not continue if you don't want to know a SPOILER!!******************************************** SPOILER COMING! Ok, it's just us now. Sooooo, what was up...
  17. B

Old woman singing EVP - HELP

Ok, I already posted this question on the Ghosts thread, and nobody knew, I'm hoping if I post here there might be people who don't read the Ghosts thread that might know what I'm talking about. I was hoping someone on here could help me find a certain ghost story that I am certain I read...
  18. B

Old woman ghost singing

I was hoping someone on here could help me find a certain ghost story that I am certain I read on this board somewhere. It concerned a young married couple visiting the wife's parents who had an estate which also had an older house behind the main house. The couple went to investigate the old...
  19. B

Fire In The Sky

Ok, I know this movie is very old now, but I just saw it on tv this weekend . . . over all it was a bit long and slow, but the parts on the alien "ship" toward the end were truly disturbing . . . Anyone ever read the book its based on? Anyone know anything else about it? It seemed more...
  20. B

Slaughterhouse Five

What do people think of the idea of time being like a string of pearls, already formed, and that we just go through it pearl to pearl? -Fitz
  21. B

Howard the Duck - actually fowl?

I guess a talking duck is fortean . . . What are people's opinions on Howard the Duck? It ranks up there with Ishtar in most people's minds, personally, I love the movie. But I see how people hate it. Everytime its shown on tv (at about 3:30 in the morning) I try to watch it, and now I can...
  22. B

Other Wizards in LOTR?

What are people's thoughts on the other Istari? Radagast the Brown for instance . . . did we miss out on him being taken from the movie? What of the other two nameless wizards? They were both blue, I seem to recall . . . and ventured to the East with Saruman, who returned alone. Why are they...
  23. B

Winged Apparitions

Forgive me if this has been brought up already. I've been searching through a lot of the old message board threads, and have noticed something. The Mothman threads allude to further sightings in Texas in 1971 and an Owlman somewhere else later in that decade. While I was reading Mothman...
  24. B

Cutting faces with razor blades?

It seems to me that about 6 or 7 years ago there was a bunch of news stories about women being attacked by a gang of girls who slashed their faces with razor blades. I must have heard of about 5 supposedly different cases of this nature, yet, have heard of nothing since. It seems odd that...
  25. B

City TV Glow

This one is probably only for Canadians. This is only because as far as I know Canadians are the only people who receive City TV . . . MY co-worker was just telling me that a few years ago he remembers watching City TV when they were interviewing some people on the roof of the City TV...
  26. B

Human Looking Faerie Folk? (... and Faerie Photographs)

I've been thinking of the many forms that the wee folk seem to take on, and was wondering if it could be that their froms are taken from our own minds? What I mean is, I wonder if Deer in the forests, or rabbits, or whatever see the faeries as deer and rabbits? Do we only see human looking...
  27. B

Why 'Grey'?

Does anyone know why the classic alien is referred to as a 'Grey' when they seem to mostly be depicted as a sort of creamy beige colour? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find anything. -Fitz
  28. B

Cemetary Curve Ghost

Me, my sister, and three other friends were walking just after midnight in 1993 along Pond Mills Road in London Ontario Canada, there is a part where the road curves and on both sides is surrounded by a cemetary. We were walking along, joking and talking when I noticed that my friend Mike...
  29. B

Fortean Group Hysteria & A Ghost?

This isn't really a ghost post, so I posted it here. Me, my sister, and three other friends were walking just after midnight in 1993 along Pond Mills Road in London Ontario Canada, there is a part where the road curves and on both sides is surrounded by a cemetary. We were walking along...
  30. B

Are We Ghosts Too?

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere on the board, but I am sort of new here and there is a lot to read. So, if this is a debate already ongoing, maybe someone could point me in the right direction . . . Ok, so my dad and I both saw the same ghost ina house we used to live in. Neither...
  31. B

Test Reality?

Is there a way to test reality, the way one might test reality in a dream? What I mean is, is there a way to know if we are all people in someone else's dream? Fitz
Back