• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Stpauli9

Feeling A Terror

'Oi, I'm the nightmare here, not you! Go to all the trouble of setting up this scare and someone rips my bloody arm hair!'
  2. Stpauli9

Feeling A Terror

Thanks for making something more scary.
  3. Stpauli9

Feeling A Terror

I touched a 'night terror' several years ago as I struggled to sleep. It was roughly 2:30, I was sleeping but my mind was still highly active and racing, it being a Saturday. I was possibly even warning myself to shut up and settle down when I felt a hand grasp my arm. And I grabbed it. No...
  4. Stpauli9

Sea Serpent Sightings: Whale Penises?

Lots of Sea Monsters Were Probably Whale Dongs A lot of sea monster legends can be explained by exaggerated sightings of perfectly ordinary ocean dwellers -- the kraken was probably an already unacceptably large giant squid, mermaids were probably manatees viewed through the lens of half-starved...
  5. Stpauli9

The Somerset Gimp (Gimp Suit Man)

https://inews.co.uk/news/somerset-gimp-banned-crawling-wriggling-writhing-2731490 'You writhing, crawling gimp!' 'And here we see the rare, black Somerset Writhing Gimp in his natural habitat, by the side of the road looking exactly like his name entails'. I hope this man doesn't get blind...
  6. Stpauli9

Empty Building Felt Full Of People

They're saying 'This guy's awful!'
  7. Stpauli9

Empty Building Felt Full Of People

Whilst I can agree, we have no evidence for the stone tape theory, and it was literally created for a TV serial...it is literal fiction.
  8. Stpauli9

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

It was past midnight. Surely someone would wait till morning to try things out, but stranger things have happened. Nobody came yelling after it, and surely there were quieter ways to steal a car?
  9. Stpauli9

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Few strange things over the weekend: The area where I live (in Sydney) is a valley and really is an amphitheatre at night. On Friday night, there was a sudden voice of a single man down below yelling. What made it stand out was that nobody else seemed to be with him. It did not sound as if he...
  10. Stpauli9

Strange Things That Scared You (But Aren't Obviously 'Scary')

Yup, these are just scary. Mind, Fireball, Stingray and Thunderbirds were also a bit off. The puppets seem to be crafted with smiles as the main face. I always quietly asked them, 'Why are you smiling? You're in serious danger!' Thankfully, the more real Captain Scarlet puppets didn't have...
  11. Stpauli9

Flashes Of Light Outside Window

Where I live is quite a leafy area and a car some distance away actually can gets its lights coming up onto the trees from down the hill. This casts the lights onto our ceiling as it drives by. Any chance of this?
  12. Stpauli9

Legs With No Body, Running Along The Road

https://www.paranormaldatabase.com/suffolk/sufpages/suffdata.php I found the story of the one-legged priest ghost! Scroll down to Ashill. Why set off a burglar alarm when you can just walk through a wall?
  13. Stpauli9

Time Slip

I read of a group of women hearing the Dieppe Raid replayed years later whilst on holiday in France, but a lot of stories about time slips tend to be British. Would like to hear of time slips in some other countries. Australians out there?
  14. Stpauli9

There's also a report somewhere of a row of footprints going up to a wall in England. A single of footprints and triggering the fire alarm. The story was that they belonged to a one-footed Jesuit and the question was, 'Why trigger the alarm if you can just walk through a wall?'
  15. Stpauli9

I remember this. There's also a story of an invisible, but wet, body filling up a pile of clothing in an empty house. A suspected and murdered Nazi collaborator in France, if I recall.
  16. Stpauli9

Visited By A Fairy

Fae exist, I believe that. Constant 'softening' and child-friendly retellings aside, they exist. Some big, some small, some friendly and some not. But is the 'magic wand' image because that was engrained in the mind like how we see Jesus as a white bloke in the West?
  17. Stpauli9

The Ventriloquist's Dummy & His Bottle Of Milk

Damn whoever it was who thought the ventriloquist dummy was a good invention. May they be running from them for eternity.
  18. Stpauli9

If you're a pair of (disembodied?) legs running along and you fall over, what happens then? Well this is awkward...
  19. Stpauli9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death
  20. Stpauli9

Aside from the living statue in the pyramid sketch of Sesame Street, there was a sketch where the blue muppet (he had no name) who got annoyed by Grover, and he was going through wigs or toupees. He goes through too little and too large and finally gets one right, which Grover tells him not to...
  21. Stpauli9

A Ghost With Some Issues

This is This is freaky. In one of the It Happened to Me collections is the story of a woman who began triggering small electrical disturbances when she was stressed during a divorce process, changing the television channel, short-circuiting her iron and other things. When the process was over...
  22. Stpauli9

My Mothers 'Evil' Face

I did have a dream where something that sounded like my brother's voice but far angrier ordered me to get out. It spoke in two words: Get.Out. My bed felt like it rocked or tipped. Took a while but I got back to sleep. Didn't get out, just to show it.
  23. Stpauli9

Strange Dreams!

* A giant Stimpy boat from Ren and Stimpy * Shaking hands with James Brown *Holding eloquent discussions with Alexei Sayle *Having adventures with Disney characters (can't even remember last time I watched them) *Travelling around Germany.
  24. Stpauli9

Mind Fog

Coming out of the gym to be picked up by my Mum (I can't drive), in a familiar street that we almost always choose, I was immediately struck by the fact that I had forgotten where the store she had parked was. I found myself unable to walk down the hill towards her car, which is obviously...
  25. Stpauli9

Let's Play 'TOP THIS!'

I nearly got hit by what I thought was water from an unknown source. Really clear, translucent bird poo. Seen a round ball-like ghost. Telepathy, I hear you think.
  26. Stpauli9

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

It is true that many underground stations were used as air-raid shelters during World War 2. During bad times, if you didn't have a shelter (which was rare), hanging out stuff on lines was common. However, the number of people using them as bomb shelters was higher during World War One. Given...
  27. Stpauli9

Cattle Mutilations

Cattle dies. This is nature. Flies, crows etc eat soft flesh first. Soft flesh removal causes exposure. Bone/muscle wastes away. Falls apart. Leaving skeleton.
  28. Stpauli9

Mind Fog-Missed The Recital!

Early 30s! Not that old!
  29. Stpauli9

Mind Fog-Missed The Recital!

A few years ago, I was invited to attend a friend's organ recital in the city (Sydney). I was fully prepped and instructed and knew where to go. But when I got to the church where it was being held, I blanked. I stood around the corner and it never occurred to do the logical thing and walk...
  30. Stpauli9

Gnomes In Little Red Cars? (Wollaton Park Gnomes; 1979)

Ooops-my bad. Cars have always fascinated kids, though.
  31. Stpauli9

It feels strongly like this. If one child sees something and the other doesn't, the one who doesn't see it plays along. I also note the date being around 1940. Bored kids in a world where adults are more interested in the War and getting bored, but cars are still a (relative) novelty.
  32. Stpauli9

Shiners convention. Easy to get them confused.
  33. Stpauli9

Animal Deformities

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lamb-five-legs-uk-northumberland-b2031718.html Just a five-legged goat. Even if you tie it down, it can still kick you.
  34. Stpauli9

Holocaust Denial

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Rassinier Now let me begin by saying I am staunchly anti-Nazi. It baffles me that the man credited with starting Holocaust denial was himself a victim. Paul Rassinier was a member of the French resistance helping to smuggle Jews out of France until he was...
  35. Stpauli9

Dog Walker From The Future?

I'm sending you back in time. 'To right a great wrong?' 'No, 18 months. There was a sale at the bottle shop and I'm kicking myself I didn't get a bottle of vodka.'
  36. Stpauli9

Out Of Place Animals

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-42698318 Wallaby seen on Harbour Bridge: In Australia, we spend our adult lives trying to convince tourists that we don't have kangaroos and wallabies hopping through our cities and then one goes and spoils all our hard work.
  37. Stpauli9

Random & Bizarre Thoughts: Something You Thought But Shouldn't Have (Adult Theme)

There's a Cromer near where I live. A school, a golf club, some nature reserves and not much else.
  38. Stpauli9

More Vivid Dreaming During The COVID-19 Pandemic

We're out of lockdown here in Sydney after 4 months or more. Had a pretty uneventful night last night. The dream seemed a little more grounded. Maybe when I actually start going back into the office it'll be better. I use some apps to meditate before going to bed which seem to work.
  39. Stpauli9

Random & Bizarre Thoughts: Something You Thought But Shouldn't Have (Adult Theme)

I have regularly thought over the following strange 'brain fart' or bizarre thought that occurred to me about late last year or so (2020), itself a very strange year. I had read a BBC article that talked in all serious of a super-strong STD that had been detected in Leeds. Said STD had been...
  40. Stpauli9

Cheese is fine before bedtime!
  41. Stpauli9

In no particular order: Taking my usual bus route home during the day only it's as black as night and I'm walking home under street lights. I'm walking down a long corridor lined with gems. Wake up (for real: Too early go back to sleep. Fall into same dream) Old lady stops on stairs complaining...
  42. Stpauli9

The thing has to get across all those toy bricks first. Step on one of those at night-perfect monster protection.
  43. Stpauli9

I never got into any 'classic' Nickolodeon cartoons like Rugrats or Aaaargh Real Monsters because the animation just looked so off to me. Some shows illustrated lips onto characters and to me it looked just frightening. But how about that sketch in Sesame Street where Bert and Ernie are in the...
  44. Stpauli9

Weird Conversations & Interactions Involving Mistaken Identity

Never had name called but I have had a chap in a busy city street casually suggest that we could run across the road (light was just turning green and traffic was coming). He seemed confident that this would work and muttered that he was faster than the traffic, as well as traffic lights were...
  45. Stpauli9

'The Urban Elf', Disabilities & Figures

There was a report collected in It Happened To Me Volume 1 in which a man described how he saw an elf at Piccadilly Circus tube station. The 'elf' was dressed in 'typical student attire' (not the most helpful of descriptions, I guess), and had a gaggle of friends about him. The figure was...
  46. Stpauli9

Walking On Egg Shells

Bet that guy wished he was ghost then.
  47. Stpauli9

Walking On Egg Shells

All my research and reading into the programmes show that obviously they are extensively edited and changed to better suit the intention. The 'mark' will have their reactions edited to and, if they are set up by supposed police, so police really act that way...it just did a proper number in my head.
  48. Stpauli9

Walking On Egg Shells

During the Corona lockdown, I ended up spending time watching prank shows and hidden camera shows over the internet. It was interesting to see how I react to these situations. Punk'd was the worst because all I saw cruelty. My Asperger's does mean I dislike sudden change and twists, so a show of...
  49. Stpauli9

Spectral Show

https://www.paranormaldatabase.com/norfolk/norpages/norfdata.php?pageNum_paradata=5&totalRows_paradata=387 This page has got the Great Yarmouth story on it.
  50. Stpauli9

Nominative Determinism

I do know for a fact that the name 'Nutter' is an old term for scribe, so hopefully one of them takes up writing. Also, 'Fitz' is an indication of being a bastard child, so get married to a Fitz, please.
Back