• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Stpauli9

Feeling A Terror

I touched a 'night terror' several years ago as I struggled to sleep. It was roughly 2:30, I was sleeping but my mind was still highly active and racing, it being a Saturday. I was possibly even warning myself to shut up and settle down when I felt a hand grasp my arm. And I grabbed it. No...
  2. Stpauli9

Mind Fog

Coming out of the gym to be picked up by my Mum (I can't drive), in a familiar street that we almost always choose, I was immediately struck by the fact that I had forgotten where the store she had parked was. I found myself unable to walk down the hill towards her car, which is obviously...
  3. Stpauli9

Mind Fog-Missed The Recital!

A few years ago, I was invited to attend a friend's organ recital in the city (Sydney). I was fully prepped and instructed and knew where to go. But when I got to the church where it was being held, I blanked. I stood around the corner and it never occurred to do the logical thing and walk...
  4. Stpauli9

Random & Bizarre Thoughts: Something You Thought But Shouldn't Have (Adult Theme)

I have regularly thought over the following strange 'brain fart' or bizarre thought that occurred to me about late last year or so (2020), itself a very strange year. I had read a BBC article that talked in all serious of a super-strong STD that had been detected in Leeds. Said STD had been...
  5. Stpauli9

'The Urban Elf', Disabilities & Figures

There was a report collected in It Happened To Me Volume 1 in which a man described how he saw an elf at Piccadilly Circus tube station. The 'elf' was dressed in 'typical student attire' (not the most helpful of descriptions, I guess), and had a gaggle of friends about him. The figure was...
  6. Stpauli9

Walking On Egg Shells

During the Corona lockdown, I ended up spending time watching prank shows and hidden camera shows over the internet. It was interesting to see how I react to these situations. Punk'd was the worst because all I saw cruelty. My Asperger's does mean I dislike sudden change and twists, so a show of...
  7. Stpauli9

Good And Bad Terrors

Night-terrors. We all know them. I'm looking at Henry Fuseli's The Nightmare as I write this now (BTW, scarier paintings include Goya's Saturn Devouring his Children and William-Adolphe Bouguereau's Dante and Virgil). Anyway, I usually associate them with winter weather and my own sleep...
  8. Stpauli9

About A Stone

I should start by clarifying that Asperger's syndrome (which I have) can lead to a lot of focus on ritual and pattern. Changes to schedule and unpleasant surprises can be quite powerful. The thing in particular was a round stone I found on a walk, smooth and covered in little spots. After I...
  9. Stpauli9

A Few Ghosts Of Sydney

I recently joined Fortean Times here in Sydney and thought in appropriate to post a few of my own encounters. The oldest European part of Sydney is The Rocks, right down on Sydney Harbour, and thanks to hard work in the 1970s, much of the area survives today: Think nearly Dickensian...
Back