• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. N

No Bananas Allowed In Women's Prisons?

Found this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bananadine And: http://www.sniggle.net/banana.php
  2. N

Man who lives in woods.

If he goes and lives in solitude by his own means, why would you want to disturb him (and his escape) by talking to him? Just leave the crazy woodsman be! :P
  3. N

Televisual oddity

Hmm. This reminds me of something that happened not too long ago, back when Martha Stewart was on the air after getting out of her prison thingo. I was watching one of the newer Marthas, just to see how it had changed, and about 20 minutes into the show a black 'censor' bar popped over her...
  4. N

Rose Petals

Oh, yuck. I bet it felt really good after s/he got it out, though.
  5. N

Curious Phobias & Irrational Fears

According to Snopes, you can technically die from eating too much celery - so, everyone should be scared of celery o.o
  6. N

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

I used to believe that oral sex was actually sex through the mouth. IE, sperm and egg conjoin in the throat. That's what you get when you know about sex way too early. My little brother believed up until he was 12 that white parents can have black children, and visa versa. He...
  7. N

The More Funny Side

lol. I was watching some really flippy, actually scary documentary on TV about a year ago. I went into the bathroom, and went to close the door (scared to death of the black empty hallway next to the bathroom), and my boxers rose up to about wedgie standards. I was scarred $hitless until...
  8. N

Creepy Sleepwalkers/Talkers

My little brother sleepwalks _all the time_, and I share a bedroom with him (Still) He's done the "Sit up and stare at you" a ton of times, and talked to people even more. One memorable occasion is when he got out of bed, climbed onto his mattress, and started beating the ceiling with his...
  9. N

Your initials spell your doom?

NRV...Nailed by a Recreational Vehicle? Perhaps.
  10. N

Urban Legends / Folklore About Breast Cancer Risks

According to my Biology 2 teacher, both bra straps and tank-tops can increase your chance of having SKIN cancer since they're constantly irritating your skin; she warned us that, should we find a wart in such as that, that we have it checked as soon as we can.
  11. N

Man under the bed

I thought it was going to be the Man Licks Old Woman's Fingers As Reassurance And It Should Be The Dog story. Brrr. I hadn't heard this one before. Just did a quadruple-take because I thought someone was staring at me from inside the closet.
  12. N

Weird Phone Calls From Unknown Lover

Wow. I would have died. Brr...
  13. N

The Cockroach Thread

You people are lucky. I've never seen a cockroach in my life - however, Mosquitoes are insanely clever. I can't remember how many times I've been outwitted by a mosquito while camping.
  14. N

Weird man at train station (with picture)

Mebbe he was just trying to weird a bunch of people out. It's fun sometimes.
  15. N

Lyme Regis ghost photo

Seems really really fake to me, and it reminds me a lot of a photo I've seen before...beh, I'll find a link if I remember where I saw it
  16. N

Snowball from nowhere

Holy cow. I haven't posted on here in a while. Anyhow, maybe someone had saved up some snowballs to chuck off a nearby roof at buses. My aunt's done that with hail before...back when she liked creeping people out ;) If it were an ice fall, how would it come at the bus at such an angle?
  17. N

No one is this unlucky r they

Well, it seems that whenever I have insanely bad luck the next week is full of massive good luck =) I think I'm too superstitious xD
  18. N

Childish Terrors

Awesome website, zothecula (best of Media) LOL!
  19. N

Your Scariest Ghost?

It's the tiger-y one with the four white squares in the bottom right. Here's a picture of Bumble, which scared me too - or a link of that picture doesn't work - http/i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/n ... 06af4b.jpg Mod Edit: The former link and picture post were part of Photobucket which has...
  20. N

Your Scariest Ghost?

Leaferne reposted her avatar on this thread - http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... c&start=75 It's on page six, three posts down
  21. N

Childish Terrors

In the prequel to Hat Full of Sky (The Wee Free Men) the main character lays the smackdown to a Jenny Green Teeth. Maybe reading it will help you overcome your childhood fear xD
  22. N

Your Scariest Ghost?

In a recent issue of the FT, someone shared an IHTM about a shadow person that followed him and his friend home. I was reading that at 11:30, home alone, with those cheap/dim/energy saving bulbs my only salvation; I nearly pissed myself. Nearly. There are a bazillion things that would scare...
  23. N

Odd phone call

There are quite a few Text-To-Voice computer applications, which explains the mechanical edge. I bet it was just a prank call. :\
  24. N

Intestinal Worms: Infestations; Alleged Benefits; Historical Treatments

I heard it was milk, not food that brought the worm up - akin to the story of the swallowed snake, I suspect
  25. N

Brian's Predictions (Website)

Has he predicted anything GOOD, or is it all morbid-fireworks-shooting-into-crowd stuff? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Edit: just read the Cure For Cancer one, nevermind.
  26. N

Strange Photo

I'm getting the dreaded red X with that ebay picture :\ Could someone upload it to photobucket, please? =)
  27. N

Turning Japanese

Here are the lyrics to the before mentioned Cindy Lauper song:
  28. N

"Ghost Girl" Video

I haven't watched it, and I don't plan to today, but is this the one where he's panning around the room and notices her in the closet?
  29. N

Who was it?

Hm, Too bad she didn't screenshot it. Perhaps you could contact her again tonight and teach her how (to screenshot) incase she sees the 'entity' again.
  30. N

Faces on walls

I think I know exactly what you're talking about, Bojangles - was it black and white? I've got a book with quite a few optical illusions in it, and it seems like I've seen your poster before.
  31. N

Impotent ghosts

Whoops. I said Borley, and I meant Bell Witch. Sorry XD
  32. N

Impotent ghosts

What about the ghost of Borley Rectory..? Wasn't "She" said to have killed someone?
  33. N

Your All-Time Favourite Ghost Photos

Looks like frost to me.
  34. N

Pointless Endeavours (Arbitrary Pursuits; Not Record Attempts)

Billboard Liver Donation off topic, completely, but that link got me thinking - Is a 'liver' called a 'liver' because you need it to live?[/url]
  35. N

Death by Toothbrush

...ew.. I keep my toothbrush right next to the toilet, too. Never thought of that before -_-
  36. N

ghost puddle?

Was it just onea those sun-shadow thingos? Y'know, where yer driving along, and you see a black spill in the road, but it turns out to be the sun playing tricks on your eyes... I have no idea what it's called or why the sun does that, however.
  37. N

Evidence of intrusion?

Eri, if you're still here, I'd be interested in seeing pics of the ribbon. :D
  38. N

Crying Boy Portrait

Same thing, methinks.
  39. N

Sorry about the two in a row thing, but I found this - I saw it a while ago, and I guess it's faked (easily) but it's still interesting (the dude in the back wearing bell bottoms wasn't there, supposedly) - (Original link dead, unable to recover photograph, mod.) The Newby ghost scared the...
  40. N

LOL! I thought you people were talking about these girls - (Original link dead, unable to recover photograph, mod.) I didn't even see the asian one in the middle until I shifted my eyes.[/img]
  41. N

Experiences With The Ouija Board (IHTM)

Hmm... I typed 'How was the pudding?' on the virtual board linked to a while back, and got the response 'David is my boyfriend.'
  42. N

Someone my cousin saw

Have you been back to the house lately? Perhaps you could take some pictures and see if something shows up :D
  43. N

Dream Catchers

I made a dremcatcher out of printer paper and scotch tape before. It worked well.
  44. N

Anyone heard this?

Sounds like a movie advertisement to me. How long ago was this?
  45. N

Strange Childhood Incidents

Kiddy fears 'n stuff: http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... sc&start=0
  46. N

Puzzling Proverbs

So 'Uncle' is a compliment?
  47. N

Puzzling Proverbs

Thanks for the replies! Here are four more: - A hundred bakers, a hundred millers, and a hundred tailors are three hundred thieves. - All skill is in vain when an angel pees in the touch hole of your musket. ( what's a touch hole?) - Do not ship all in one bottom...
  48. N

Photograph

There seems to be a skirt around it's calfs, though. Unless he's wearing a kilt, or something.
Back