• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. G

Should I Get A Subscription? (United States)

I used to order mine through my local comics shop in Kentucky but when it went to $10US a month I just couldn't afford it so I got a subscription. I don't know about anyone else but I only ended getting about half the issues I should have in the year I subscribed so since it's cost...
  2. G

Wired For Weird (Strange Websites)

Many, many thanks and a boon upon your house. :D
  3. G

Wired For Weird (Strange Websites)

Searching for a website - Help appreciated! Does anyone know of a website that lists all mythological artifacts with a short description? I.E. The Spear of Destiny, Pandora's Box, The Golden Fleece, Excalibur etc. It's pretty easy to find them piecemeal if you search by catagory (i.e...
  4. G

Making Traffic Lights Turn Green

But…why would a bike bother? I don't think I've ever come upon a bike I couldn't see around naturally. It's not like they're as big as a car or anything.
  5. G

Earth 2? Earth-Like Planet: Here? Out There? In Fiction?

See this phrase bothers me a little. If science tells us anything, it's that they are usually wrong. As new discovieries are made, older theories are either completely thrown out or at the very least refined. I think that should read "Scientist are proving every day that anything isn’t...
  6. G

Was Bush wired during the last debate?

Ok, folks. I think you're missing something here. HE'S THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! I think he could afford a hidden wire setup. Cops do it all the time. Sheesh. :roll:
  7. G

Deep Fried Mars bars were never a myth

Well in America, the home of the deep fried EVERYTHING, things like that are pretty common. Mostly around here we get deep fried twinkies and oreos. They are dipped in funnel cake batter and fried for about a minute then sprinkled with powdered suger. And lemme tell you , df twinkies are...
  8. G

Giant Catfish

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/05/0515_030515_giantcatfish.html Sorry to drag a dead thread up but I found this story and it's darn interesting!
  9. G

The Bush doomsday plan to take power

Ok, so how is "an unelected dictatorship" any better than this new law? I'm not really seeing the big bad here.
  10. G

Mars Conspiracies

What!? That's crazy talk. :lol:
  11. G

Hitler and the Eltanin Antenna

You know that's true. A friend of mine and I were discussing slavery a couple of weeks ago. And sure slavery is wrong and immoral now. But I doubt morals entered into the process much when slavery was in it's heyday. A mans father dies and inherits the plantation. He now owns slaves. Just...
  12. G

The Golem Of Prague

This is a review for a movie I saw a long time ago about the subject. It was cheesy but interesting none the less. :spinning
  13. G

Giant Crabs

I still have nightmares about crabs. As a child I went camping with family friends and we slept in tents on the beach. When I woke in the morning the outside of my tent was covered with crabs. :shudder: I didnt need to see those pictures. :glum:
  14. G

Digital Doomsday: Risks Of Reliance On Digital Data

Could happen As the saying goes "a technologically advanced society is the easiest to destroy. If there was a great war or global catastrophie then a dark age is almost garenteed. I mean I know how a car works. Internal combustion engine and all but I cant build one from scratch. Of course...
  15. G

Giant Catfish

Catfish Well, After living on a catfish farm most of my life I can tell you that: 1)Catfish eat where ever they can get it. We feed them with floating food and its quite a sight to see 3000 fish splashing and eating 2 feet from you. 2)Catfish bites hurt! As stated they dont have teeth per...
  16. G

What Common, Everyday Occurrence Do You Find Strange?

But that doesn't prove that our blues are the same. Everyone "knows" the sky is blue(i know its not really just water reflected stay with me)but that doesnt mean I'm not seeing it as green. *shrug* Theres no way to prove or disprove it either way, darnit. :)
  17. G

What Common, Everyday Occurrence Do You Find Strange?

Back to the subject at hand..... There are a few everyday things I find wierd: 1) As was mentioned earlier in this thread, how do we know if we are seeing the same colors as everybody else? As far as I know color is about the only truely anecdotal thing we learn in life(that I can think of...
  18. G

True Polar Wander (Non-Geomagnetic Polar Shifts)

Initial posts have been copied from the Antarctica Without The Ice thread: https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/antartica-without-the-ice.3382/ Crustal Shift Theory Theres an interesting theory that at one time Antartica was on the equator(roughly) and somewhere else, presumably...
  19. G

Antarctica Without The Ice?

Crustal Shift Theory Theres an interesting theory that at one time Antartica was on the equator(roughly) and somewhere else, presumably whats on the equator now, was the north pole. How the theory goes is as ice builds up on the poles they get heavier and heavier and along comes a planetary...
  20. G

Mirror matter.

Y'know when I was a lad I would have nightmares that there was a mirror universe and the people in the mirror were just "acting" like us, biding thier time, waiting for us to become lax so they could STRIKE!!!! . . . . . . . . . This has nothing to do with this thread so carry on, BUT...
  21. G

Sleep Deprivation

I saw a news report some time ago that stated people who work nights or long shifts (midnight to noon in my case :mad: ) age three times faster than normal. Kind of scary.
  22. G

Comics

Hellboy-Mike Mignolia Best comic on the market an extremly fortean!
  23. G

Fortean-Themed Albums, Songs & Music

Heres a few I didnt see in other posts(of course this thread is so long I'm bound to double up). Unmarked Helicopters-Soul Coughing Unexplained- Meat Puppets My dark life-Elvis Costello w/ Brian Eno Red right hand-Nick Cave and the bad seeds Hands of death(burn baby burn)-Rob...
  24. G

The Thing from Over the Hill (Scary Stories / Books From Childhood)

I remember being scared of "The Monkeys Paw" when I was a kid. I remember for weeks after I would think about what I would wish for if given the chance then try to word the wish so nothing bad would happen. Like wishing for money and having a rich relative die and leave you an inheritance...
  25. G

Favourite Book

For a great Fortean read I nominate "Forbidden Archaeology" by Micheal Cremo and some other guy. Bit like a text book but still fascinating. The best book ever written though would have to be "Wizard and Glass" by Stephen King. Unfortunatly its book 4 in the Dark Tower series and to get to it...
  26. G

Crystal Skulls

Didn't I read somewhere that there were two identical skulls found or is it just my imagination?
Back