• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. D

POLL: Have Your Experiences Confirmed Your Beliefs Or Not?

For those who have had fortean / paranormal experiences, have your experiences tended to confirm, challenge, or modify beliefs you held at the time? Or maybe your experience was in an area you had not considered before, and so had no beliefs already formed. For example, the few experiences...
  2. D

Body and Blood of Christ / Eucharistic Miracles

This site - http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/a3.html - has a number of odd stories about "Eucharistic Miracles" - that is, miracles in which consecrated wine and bread manifested the properties of actual flesh and blood. I'm curious to see what people here think of this stuff. One...
  3. D

Ghosts' Names

I've never experienced a ghost personally, but I've been intrigued ever since someone I knew told me of his experience. One odd detail was that he had named the ghost. Actually, he said, "I call her Katherine" (my spelling, I didn't ask him how he spelled it). As far as I know, he never had any...
  4. D

The Book of Revelation (Apocalypse)

This thread is an offshoot from the "Antichrist...?" thread about some people thinking Baruk Obama is the Antichrist (!) - naturally, the Book of Revelation came up in that discussion. I was raised an Evangelical Christian (I'm Episcopalian now) and so was brought up with the belief that...
  5. D

The Date Of Christmas

Please excuse me if this has been done before... I'm new here. :) I was reading the thread on the Origins of Islam, and a brief side-conversation came up about the date of Christmas. Popular belief is that the date was chosen to coincide with the pagan festival of the same date. Here's...
Back