• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. CuriousIdent

The Mysterious Case Of Elisa Lam

I know what you mean. The more that I’ve looked over this case (and it’s been by dipping into this thread, reading articles, stumbling on blogs and YouTube videos) increasingly I find myself feeling the same way. This is a person who still has living family, who almost certainly ended her life...
  2. CuriousIdent

A15 Lincolnshire Road Ghost (Ruskington / Sleaford)

Sadly, the This Morning investigation *did* go full on woo by the third broadcast. What Gandy is relaying is exactly as it was presented to viewer. It was total nonsense. A massive tangent. And that was a shame, because the unprompted number of calls from the original phone-in showed a lot of...
  3. CuriousIdent

A15 Lincolnshire Road Ghost (Ruskington / Sleaford)

Hi all, Just a heads up that the ‘Ruskington Horror’ is the cover story of this month’s FT (401). Part 1 of a two part article by Rob Gandy covering the case. This first part covers the This Morning testimonies, and also adds two further accounts which didn’t make it into that broadcast. It...
  4. CuriousIdent

The Enfield Poltergeist

This. Basically this. Grosse and GLP were flawed investigators in what appears to be a very flawed investigation. I actually don’t think that many people would disagree that there were flaws in their accounts or that they were beyond question in either their conscious or subconscious motives...
  5. CuriousIdent

The Enfield Poltergeist

In a tangent fashion I suppose it does. Although it doesn’t really disprove the Enfield Poltergeist. I think even the most ardent believers in that will probably concede that at least some part of the greater hysteria surrounding this case was either made up or exaggerated. A hugely overblown...
  6. CuriousIdent

The Enfield Poltergeist

A bit of an odd response, this one. (I mean sure, this is from mumsnet. Plenty alternative-fact-believing individuals over there. From misguided anti-vaxxers to the truly batshit crazy) So none of it is true. But yet they’re saying that there is no way the girls could have known about Bill...
  7. CuriousIdent

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Top work, Maximus. It’s an odd story, for sure. But looks to be one reused Multiple times, without really locating an original source. It would be difficult to pin down, but does at least appear to match up with the geography in a fairly reliable fashion. could it be a timeslip? Maybe. The...
  8. CuriousIdent

Creepy Small Villages

Wow. That is one lonely looking church. Would be a fantastic filming location though.
  9. CuriousIdent

The Man From Taured (Japan; 1959)

It does very much feel like a case of Chinese Whispers. But it's good to know that there does seem to be some genuine story at the start of it all. Granted, this many years on, it's unlikely we'll ever find out exactly who the guy was (beyond the name he used) or his motivations. But I am happy...
  10. CuriousIdent

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

It is a great shame that Torchwood never eclipsed Children of Earth. And instead opted to deliver us another lacklustre UK-US co-production, that killed it off for (seemingly) good.
  11. CuriousIdent

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Yes, and no. While I don't write-off the possibility of literally any show-runner ignoring past continuity to suit themselves this doesn't mean that they will. The establishing of The Division doesn't invalidate Timelord society or any of the existing principles we have to understand over the...
  12. CuriousIdent

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

Not ONE pack! No! None for you! This is getting bizarre. Not one single government or medical campaign has made any reference to Coronavirus causing some epic case of The Runs. Yet people are hoovering up loo roll like they intend to spend the next 6 weeks shitting for England (or Australia in...
  13. CuriousIdent

Mysterious Black Rain Falls On Japan

Not a good thing to get caught up in your lungs, no.
  14. CuriousIdent

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I do now have that track stuck in my head.
  15. CuriousIdent

Wow. People genuinely suspected a mass coronavirus body pile being incinerated???
  16. CuriousIdent

Wow. That's a little worrying. And I bet it scared a few folks with longer memories. As long as it's *not* radioactive...
  17. CuriousIdent

Fortean Headlines

18. CuriousIdent

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Plausibly, I guess. Again, things I think we need to see on screen rather than speculate. At the moment there are many things which hang as loose ends but provided they get tied up at a later point it doesn't necessarily need to be a problem. I do honestly see a lot of potential in these...
  19. CuriousIdent

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Right up until the reveal Me and Mrs Ident were speculating the same thing. It just seems a bit vague that The Master would commit an act of whole species genocide based on the assumption that he was a bit pissed off over The Doctor having shaped his people and society. The motivation isn't...
  20. CuriousIdent

The Man From Taured (Japan; 1959)

Nice work. I wonder if John Allan Zegrus was even his real name. The piece above says that he was American and professed to have worked for the FBI and CIA. It would be interesting to find out who he really was. And if those passport stamps from other countries were forgeries or genuine.
  21. CuriousIdent

They have. But I do question the difference between covering your backs and causing alarm. It is very difficult to control a situation once you have induced a sense of panic and fear. And panic and fear is very much the order of the day after the last 48 hrs, stoked not only by Papers and BBC...
  22. CuriousIdent

Witcher (TV Series; Netflix)

I think I'd have to broadly disagree with that. Granted, yes, I'm a huge fan of the games (The Wild Hunt remains the best game of this current console generation even several years after its release) but I have also read the books. And it needs to be made very clear this is not an adaptation...
  23. CuriousIdent

That's largely my thought. Possibly China just happened to be the Country it spread furthest in a short period. Impossible for any of us to conclusively say, obviously. But still...
  24. CuriousIdent

I can't help but think that the virus itself has likely been here since September / October last year. Symptoms wise it's not really any different from any heavy cold or flu. And obviously Flu kills more people each year. What concerns me is that we've skipped straight from telling people to be...
  25. CuriousIdent

The most surprising revelation to me? That in 2020 we actually have to *tell* people to wash their hands. And to not go about coughing over others.
  26. CuriousIdent

Anybody else getting a little less worried about Covid-19 itself, but more and more worried about the disproportionate response the UK government seem to be whipping up in response to it? I mean for the past 3 weeks a significant number of towns and villages have been flooded out to near record...
  27. CuriousIdent

Fortean Headlines

Oh, man. That is just terrible. I know that people do it, but really it's just too dangerous to consider. Very much of the opinion that you just don't fuck around with eyes.
  28. CuriousIdent

Doctors Advise: Do Not Put Frozen Potatoes In Your Anus

Who needs access to Anusol when you could just buy a bag of McCain from the frozen section for half the price!
  29. CuriousIdent

Creepy Small Villages

Crikey. I have no idea. But I always find myself somewhat suspicious of anybody who would wish to display such stuff as memorabilia. I mean it's not quite the same as a football shirt or a movie prop. It's fine if you're looking at them in context, in a museum or an exhibition. But Artifacts...
  30. CuriousIdent

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

As if by algorithm... There's a BBC News piece up today, tying into this week's Panorama, on the same: Why Amazon Knows So Much About You - by Leo Kelion Good related reading.
  31. CuriousIdent

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I suppose they are effectively just always on Walkie Talkies. They may not use wifi, but they must be using a radio band.
  32. CuriousIdent

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

The weird thing to me is how quickly and carelessly the attitude has changed. In 2011 Apple first integrated Siri into iPhones. And people were concerned that this meant Apple were listening in on their conversations. A lot of concern. Especially as this became voice-activated ('Hey Siri')...
  33. CuriousIdent

Creepy Small Villages

Checked with my brother. It was a village called Plumtree. Though this was well over a decade ago now. That was a bit odd. It wasn't the first place they had rented in and around Nottingham. 3 of them had been in a much smaller place in Sherwood when they first moved to the area, but when they...
  34. CuriousIdent

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Christ. The age went totally over my head. No. That is weird. Proper weird.
  35. CuriousIdent

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

It's not so dramatically different to an audio baby monitor. It serves the same purpose. But the security would worry me.
  36. CuriousIdent

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Yeesh. My other half shared the first of those with me on Twitter at the weekend. This is the major downside of The Internet of Things. When you purchase a PC, a Mac, a smartphone, a games console these things are set up to have basic protections to prevent third parties from commandeering...
  37. CuriousIdent

Fortean Headlines

This was reported earlier in the week. There's every chance that it will have been by now. I would imagine a whale of that size being most likely.
  38. CuriousIdent

Fortean Headlines

I couldn't find this posted anywhere else on here. Probably a perfectly natural explanation for it, but... Gigantic mystery 'skeleton' found washed up on beach by Storm Ciara baffling locals - via The Mirror (but has also appeared in the Scotsman, Sun and RT. "A gigantic 'skeleton' was found...
  39. CuriousIdent

Creepy Small Villages

Hi all, I'm trying to think if I've posted about this before. It comes secondhand, from younger brother (3 years difference), up in Nottinghamshire. In their mid 20s a group of him and his friends from back in Warwickshire all decided to move up to Nottingham, seeking a city to live in, but...
  40. CuriousIdent

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Fascinating. These are the exact kind of momentary occurrences that generally make people suspect that they may have experienced some kind of time slip. And definitely a fortean experience, one way or another. :) Did you notice anything else in the locality change, or was it just the...
  41. CuriousIdent

Strange Caller In Worcester

A very scant news article. No details over the age of the resident in question or the circumstances under which they were being asked to sign. Genuinely odd.
  42. CuriousIdent

Black, Swirling Mass

I'm picturing this kind of like the movements of a fly or flea. Capable of jumping distances quickly, with a jerky but quick movement, whilst also capable of hovering or treading water for a few moments if desired.
  43. CuriousIdent

Black, Swirling Mass

Interesting. I'm trying to picture this. Would it be something akin to this? But about the size of a grapefruit, obviously. How would you describe it's motion? Did it hover? Did it flow? Did it jump?
  44. CuriousIdent

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

Oh, it's absolutely possible. But with no confession or body police would have to provide a huge amount of hard evidence to connect (if not flat out prove) that an individual had committed the crime. In this case that evidence just doesn't exist. I do, in part, sympathise with the Portuguese...
  45. CuriousIdent

Cadaver Dogs (Corpse Sniffer Dogs): Oddities & Issues

... If Madeleine *had* been killed in that flat there was zero evidence to support that theory beyond the responses of two sniffer dogs, which could not conclusively prove anything directly. Even if they were smelling decomposing tissue or blood the dogs alone could not identify whose either of...
  46. CuriousIdent

Interesting. Two strange events in experience from the same location. These kind of things fascinate me. It would be interesting to find out if any previous or later occupants of the property had experienced similar things.
  47. CuriousIdent

Officially the investigation has not closed. It still sits with The Met. While Operation Grange has been scaled back significantly since 2015 (it's now only handful of officers I believe) it remains ongoing. In recent years they have effectively ruled out the notion of bungled burglary which...
  48. CuriousIdent

Great. I think that it's a lot more difficult to write-off a large group of people seeing something unusual as some kind of group hallucination. Everybody's brain chemistry is different, and if some unseen substance were causing a group to hallucinate the likelihood of everybody seeing the same...
  49. CuriousIdent

Hi evanspa. And thanks for sharing! It certainly sounds like the kind of experience which could fit into bracket of a plausible timeslip. And somewhat rare, in as much as a group of people appeared to be experiencing this? Do you know how many people collectively experienced this (believed...
  50. CuriousIdent

Sadly, Eponastill, this is the sad way that my brain works. :) You'll see a rather painful attention to detail in a good number of other threads here. And as I was only watching it last week it is still relatively fresh in my mind. Not per se. It stays relatively neutral throughout, and gives...
Back